• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

I love these kind of DC sci fi covers
1 1

69 posts in this topic

I'd like to know how they built towing ships that are far larger than the Moon!!!! With letters the size of countries on it! That is a lot of paint.

Yea, most DC Sci Fi undervalued. I keep all I get. Great covers and stories

DC had Marvel beat hands down in the sci fi dept.

a4b209be978f905aecfc34a369f58d68.jpg

well thats a superhero book not a sci fi book also its mostly just photos I still stand by my statement.

DC had Infantino, Murphy Anderson, Frank Frazetta, Virgil Finley-Marvel couldn't compete with this and the writing was top notch.

well thats a superhero book not a sci fi book also its mostly just photos I still stand by my statement.

What is the distinction? None of them were 'hard sci fi', they all probably fit better into the same category as Star Wars - FF included - over generic sci-fi.

What is the distinction? None of them were 'hard sci fi', they all probably fit better into the same category as Star Wars - FF included - over generic sci-fi.

+1

Science heroes, using advanced technology in their adventures. Reed Richards, Hank Pym, Tony Stark, as good examples.

+1

Science heroes, using advanced technology in their adventures. Reed Richards, Hank Pym, Tony Stark, as good examples.

Not all the books had Adam Strange. In fact overall, few did. And when he was in a book there were 2 other stories. They were all hard science fiction short stories. No heroes besides the occasional Atomic Knights.

For an example the first book I posted, 'The sky High Man' was about a space traveller who returns to Earth after a long voyage and discovers the part of the universe he was in was expanding faster than the part where Earth was so when he returned he was too big! This is hard sci fi.

This is typical of 90% of the DC sci fi stories and there is no science hero involved.