• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PGM Amazing Spider-Man 121

16 posts in this topic

I just happened to walk into a store shortly after this book was put on the shelf. It wasn't cheap (for me) but after looking what they go for graded I thought I could make some money on this. Please let me know what you think this will grade. Thanks in advance.

IMG_0229_zps5rrgjnqm.jpg

IMG_0230_zpsbq9kmbyk.jpg

IMG_0231_zpsrmptigk9.jpg

IMG_0232_zpsiqgkquqg.jpg

IMG_0233_zpsjhiuuh5x.jpg

IMG_0234_zpsfygdrhyh.jpg

IMG_0235_zps1qcbfiev.jpg

IMG_0236_zpsankbnczu.jpg

IMG_0237_zpsaurevl7d.jpg

IMG_0238_zpsuxce42q7.jpg

IMG_0239_zpsxkmanfbb.jpg

IMG_0240_zpsoqkvb0pu.jpg

IMG_0241_zpsg5tpq24r.jpg

Not sure what you have invested into it, but I think it's at least an 8.0-8.5; it doesn't look like the crease breaks color ... what are your thoughts about pressing?

I've never had a book pressed. I have concerns about it. A. How much does it cost? This includes the cost of shipping the book, having it pressed, and having it shipped back. B. Anytime I ship an ungraded book there is always concern that something could happen to it in shipping.

The price that I paid (with tax) is almost dead on with the 24 month average for graded 8.5s. So I would really need to get a 9.0 or higher grade to make anything on this. Bottom line: I paid too much. I didn't look carefully enough at the book when I bought it. In my mind and with my untrained eye I figured it had to be at least a 9.0. I was wrong.

Edited by Batverse

Not sure what you have invested into it, but I think it's at least an 8.0-8.5; it doesn't look like the crease breaks color ... what are your thoughts about pressing?

I've never had a book pressed. I have concerns about it. A. How much does it cost? This includes the cost of shipping the book, having it pressed, and having it shipped back. B. Anytime I ship an ungraded book there is always concern that something could happen to it in shipping.

The price that I paid (with tax) is almost dead on with the 24 month average for graded 8.5s. So I would really need to get a 9.0 or higher grade to make anything on this. Bottom line: I paid too much. I didn't look carefully enough at the book when I bought it. In my mind and with my untrained eye I figured it had to be at least a 9.0. I was wrong.

Pressing will cost you between $8 to $12 per book, depending if you pick a quick press vs. a regular press. The difference being with a regular press, they will generally work harder on getting defects out, and will do it till it is the best it can be. They will usually dry clean the book with a full press also. Quick press is generally, one and done. For minor issues and moderns, quick is usually enough, for high value books, the extra work can really pay off.

Shipping always has its risks, but there are many good tutorials on this forum that show you how to get books there safely. Also, if you use CCS (or another pressure that hand delivers to CGC), you will not get hit with a second round of shipping costs. If you want it graded.