• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Misc BA/SA: HG minor keys; FF lot; signed UXM 141 -- CLOSING TODAY, 1/29
1 1

35 posts in this topic

Hey all,

Over the course of the next week or two, I'll be offering a fairly large number (for me at least) of lots and individual books -- all raw, many high-grade, & some very nice readers, too…something for everyone I hope.

Highlights include:

• complete HG Starlin Warlock and Captain Marvel runs;

• a lot of very sharp Western Penn pedigree Marvel Team-Ups;

• a handful of very nice '70s DCs;

• a few cool Manitoba books;

• some choice Byrne UXM…

...and more.

The first lot will be listed within the hour, with more to follow later in the week and over the weekend. Stay tuned!

Thanks for looking!

-Mikey

-----------------------------------

TERMS:

:takeit: in the thread rules.

• PayPal ONLY for this sale.

• No HOS'ers/probies/etc.

• Payment is due within 3 days of closing the deal unless we've made other arrangements.

DOMESTIC US SHIPPING (fully insured Priority Mail w/extremely secure packaging):

FREE for all items in this thread listed in multi-book lots.

• Individual comics: $8 for 1-4 comics via a flat-rate Priority envelope; $13 for 5 or more via a flat rate Priority box.

• I'm sometimes able to ship the same day that payment is received, but usually no later than one day after payment is received.

***VERY IMPORTANT NOTE -- US shipping only, very sorry!***

RETURNS:

• Shouldn't be necessary, but…I'm reasonable -- if there's a problem of ANY kind, please PM me and we'll work it out.

Need larger scans? Detail pics? Interior pics? More info? Please feel free to PM me.

Finally, my feedback thread is located here (under my old username, but it's still me):

My feedback thread!

Edited by jools&jim

SA Fantastic Four Lot: Ten absolute classics from the peak of the mid/late-'60s Kirby-Lee run, all in the VG - VG+ range, with a few closer to Fine or so -- all nice and solid, no rags, nothing missing, no hidden issues.

Some day, a talented young maverick filmmaker will finally manage a fun, rollicking, old-school FF film--cosmic soap-opera high adventure!--and the Kirby-plotted run from 44-up will be its Urtext, once and for all time restoring this Olympian-level series to the prominence it so richly deserves!

Includes: 58, 61, 63, 68, 69, 77, 78, 81, 85, 86.

$85

NOW...$75 shipped and insured for the lot of 10 books.

SOLD!!!

FF58_zpsriwxqyrz.jpg

FF61_zpssvd6fr0y.jpg

FF63_zps3jrape9q.jpg

FF68_zpsrkh4gpdf.jpg

FF69_zpseajw8bm1.jpg

FF77_zps659rreut.jpg

FF78_zpshmcb44m6.jpg

FF81_zpshz7sb0te.jpg

FF85_zpsk1pr2ae5.jpg

FF86_zpsvzxjo6xk.jpg

SA Fantastic Four Lot: Ten absolute classics from the peak of the mid/late-'60s Kirby-Lee run, all in the VG - VG+ range, with a few closer to Fine or so -- all

Some day, a talented young maverick filmmaker will finally manage a fun, rollicking, old-school FF film--cosmic soap-opera high adventure!--and the Kirby-plotted run from 44-up will be its Urtext, once and for all time restoring this Olympian-level series to the prominence it so richly deserves!

$85 shipped and insured

I certainly hope you are right about a better movie for the FF... The first hundred issue run is the stuff that dreams are made of. When I was a kid I remember my amazement that a comic book could actually run for nine full years.

SA Fantastic Four Lot: Ten absolute classics from the peak of the mid/late-'60s Kirby-Lee run, all in the VG - VG+ range, with a few closer to Fine or so -- all

$85 shipped and insured

I certainly hope you are right about a better movie for the FF... The first hundred issue run is the stuff that dreams are made of. When I was a kid I remember my amazement that a comic book could actually run for nine full years.

(thumbs u Amen to that...

That's all for tonight. The rest will be added (slowly, I'm afraid, due to issues with my job) during the next 10-12 days.

BUT...I'm pretty sure that I'll be able to get at least a few more lots up tomorrow evening.

Please keep checking back -- I'm easy to deal with, and am very much open to offers.

Thanks again for looking!

Marvel Team-Up Lot -- Western Penn Pedigree: Here are 5 HG classics from John Byrne's outstanding late '70s run on this unfairly maligned title.

These are REALLY nice copies -- they even smell fresh!

Includes the following Western Penn books (each w/the pictured certificate)…

55 - Classic Warlock story. NM/NM+.

60 - NM+.

63 - Part 1 of a very cool 2-part Iron Fist story! NM.

68 - NM+.

72 - Byrne cover only -- but what a cover! NM/NM+.

$150

NOW...$130 shipped and insured for all 5.

SOLD!!!

Mtu-WP55a_zpsljhql8rd.jpg

Mtu-WP55b_zpsyyvdujkc.jpg

Mtu-WP60a_zpshjig2ygb.jpg

Mtu-WP60b_zpsmnwinndv.jpg

Mtu-WP63a_zpsbj4eenum.jpg

Mtu-WP63b_zpsjgks2osm.jpg

Mtu-WP68a_zpsofva7gq3.jpg

Mtu-WP68b_zpsp5umtgt1.jpg

Mtu-WP72a_zpskmjbydta.jpg

Mtu-WP72b_zps0diduprz.jpg

Mtu-WP-cert_zpsdxoahzkp.jpg

Marvel Team-Up Lot -- Captain Britain: Here are high grade copies of the classic 2-part MTU story featuring the first stateside appearance of Captain Britain and the first appearance of Arcade -- both by the uncannily successful late '70s Marvel dream team of Claremont and Byrne! What's not to love…?

65 - NM. Being conservative on this one I think -- it's very sharp.

66 - Manitoba copy. NM- w/certificate.

$75

NOW...$65 shipped and insured for the pair.

SOLD!!!

Mtu-CB65a_zpshkznxcjz.jpg

Mtu-CB65b_zpstpja0stp.jpg

Mtu-CB66a_zpspundwgua.jpg

Mtu-CB66b_zpsrchztwsp.jpg

Mtu-CB66cert_zpsfamebwwb.jpg

I'll be listing another reader lot in a few minutes. After that...some discounts on the lots listed earlier this week, then more new stuff (individual books and lots) to follow tomorrow and Sunday.

In the meantime, I'm always open to offers. Try me!

Bronze Age DC Reading Lot: Includes 26 comics in a wide variety of genres. Complete list is below.

Most of these are in the VG range -- some nicer, some less so. All 100% complete and readable!

GI Combat 206, 207, 208 (all DC Dollar Comics)

Girls' Love Stories 157

Secrets of Haunted House 9 (Ditko)

Secrets of Sinister House 18

Secrets of the Legion of Super-Heroes 1

The Shadow 5, 6 (Kaluta)

Star Spangled War Stories 153

Strange Sports Stories 2

Superboy 194

Superboy and the Legion of Super-Heroes 242, 247, 249, 251, 252, 253, 254, 256, 257

Superman Family 193, 200, 208 (all DC Dollar Comics)

Superman's Pal Jimmy Olsen 154

Unexpected 195 (DC Dollar Comic)

:news:...I'll also include an additional 10-15 DC readers (same era; similar mix of titles and grades) at no extra charge!

$30 shipped and insured.

SOLD!!!

DC-reader-lot_zpsxfmqd5nd.jpg

UPDATE: More HG books to follow later this evening. I'll be concentrating on single issues instead of lots for this round.

In the meantime, please see the thread for reduced prices on all of the existing lots (except for the misc. DC reader lot posted few days ago), and also see here for some SA/BA related trades and hardcovers I'm offering in the Mixed forum:

Marvel Masterworks & Mixed Trades lot

Uncanny X-Men #141: Signed on the splash page in the early 1980s by Chris Claremont, John Byrne, and Terry Austin (see pic below). There are two VERY tiny pencil marks in the price diamond on the front cover ("N M" -- an authentic, optimistic late '70s grade!).

I have NO doubt whatsoever that all three of these signatures are authentic, and were acquired at the same time by the original owner -- please PM me if you would like more information on their provenance.

VF++

(NOTE: this is somewhat aggressively priced, I'm sure, but I'm not really in a huge hurry to sell it. Trade offers are welcome…)

$130 + shipping.

SQtl4uA.jpg

mX3fWdE.jpg

8L3RuyO.jpg

Superman #317 - Savannah pedigree: Wow, is this nice. I've had it for years, and today is the first time it's been out of the Mylar I received it in. And if this isn't the best Neal Adams cover from the late 1970s, I'm not sure what is!

NM+ (w/certificate)

$95 + shipping.

SOLD!!!

Zl1COlz.jpg

i2kT66j.jpg

UgpCMPj.jpg

Detective Comics #437: First "modern" Manhunter by Archie Goodwin and Walt Simonson -- very much an early/mid-'70s high point in storytelling for DC in particular, and for the industry in general. Not a super easy book to find in nice shape these days, either.

This copy is very…I dunno…"fresh", I guess. It's so glossy that it wanted to slide across my scanner!

A few spine ticks, some ncb wear, and a production crease on the back cover are about the worst of it. A very, very nice copy for the assigned grade -- you won't be disappointed.

VF++

$70 + shipping.

w9g86Vt.jpg

uInaAdx.jpg