• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

General discussion thread - keep the other threads clean
29 29

35,153 posts in this topic

Actually this one looked like a typo too. He put it at $75 and it should have been $275 by ospg. Given how the other books were priced as they related to guide it feels like a typo.

I think another real possibility is that he used an older price guide. This book was not very expensive a few years ago. Perhaps this is why he has not spoken about it and appears to be honoring the sale. The thread has been cleaned up so who knows .

That would have to be a pretty old guide. I think the one I checked to see what it should have been was at least two years old. lol

That's not a VF anyways so no big loss. (shrug)

$75 is less than VG guide on it. (shrug)

About right

Actually this one looked like a typo too. He put it at $75 and it should have been $275 by ospg. Given how the other books were priced as they related to guide it feels like a typo.

I think another real possibility is that he used an older price guide. This book was not very expensive a few years ago. Perhaps this is why he has not spoken about it and appears to be honoring the sale. The thread has been cleaned up so who knows .

no way. look at his other sales threads this year. FF #52 in VG+ was priced almost exactly at guide. FF #53 in VF, same thing. this was a typo plain and simple.

Edited by paperheart

That would have to be a pretty old guide. I think the one I checked to see what it should have been was at least two years old. lol

That's not a VF anyways so no big loss. (shrug)

$75 is less than VG guide on it. (shrug)

About right

Stick to what you know, math and picture taking

no way. look at his other sales threads this year. FF #52 in VG+ was priced almost exactly at guide. FF #53 in VF, same thing. this was a typo plain and simple.

Was the grade the actual grade or the listed grade? :popcorn:

BTW, there is a whole new set of 'crappers' in the thread saying about the same thing Columbia said. If Columbia got scrubbed, so should these guys. I am going to publicly apologize for contributing to the speculation on what happened. Atlas didn't argue the purchase so why should we even discuss it ?

never understood why pricing mistakes must be honored but buyers aren't expected to do the right thing and allow the mistake to be corrected

That's a good point, albeit a different issue...I don't think (all) pricing mistakes should be honored by the seller...there's a lot of "it depends" in that one...I've stated that opinion before.

Still a separate point...pricing mistakes...or whatever we want to call them...shouldn't be commented upon by the peanut gallery right there in someone's sales thread.

there was a similar situation in moderns on a asm300 earlier this week. a 9.8 was price I think for $100 instead of $1100 the buyer was ok with letting the seller off the hook.

That was more of a typo and the seller absolutely should not have been held to it, especially since it was immediately rectified.

Ignorance in pricing is a different matter and seems more of a gray area.

Agreed. A clear typo missing a digit is different then the seller not doing his research prior and posting a book for 500 when it should be 800 because he didn't look it up.

$75 instead of $275 seems like a typo.

Edited by Red84

BTW, there is a whole new set of 'crappers' in the thread saying about the same thing Columbia said. If Columbia got scrubbed, so should these guys. I am going to publicly apologize for contributing to the speculation on what happened. Atlas didn't argue the purchase so why should we even discuss it ?

Not really. I simply stated that it appeared the seller made a pricing mistake.

If that's thread krapping, then guilty. Based on what others are saying, I would say not based on the seller's prior history.

And if the board police around here wants to toss me under the bus for pointing out a mistake, go ahead....do you really think I'm all that concerned Logan?! :facepalm:

If that's thread krapping, then guilty. Based on what others are saying, I would say not based on the seller's prior history.

And if the board police around here wants to toss me under the bus for pointing out a mistake, go ahead....do you really think I'm all that concerned Logan?! :facepalm:

Of course you're not, because you only care about yourself...duh? (shrug)

C'mon dude,relax.

C'mon dude,relax.

Mind your own business pops.

C'mon dude,relax.

:preach:

C'mon dude,relax.

lol

That made me laugh :cloud9:

C'mon dude,relax.

lol

That made me laugh :cloud9:

Damn whipper snapper.......

His threads only listed ship cost, with no return policy and no payment method included.

I noticed the same omissions in last couple ft88 threads (the previous thread had dozen of CGC books) and the last one survived no problem, but in the CM thread someone reminded OP he missed a couple of rules - but I guess he didn't see it in time to fix.

Alright, whomever hit notify on this post

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=9762221#Post9762221

Sac up and admit it. One of the more knobbish things I've seen around here recently.

Guy mentioned he's selling because he's got stage 4 cancer and he's moving books so his wife won't have to deal with it and links to ebay.

Instead of PMing the guy to let him know and so he can ask the mods to move it for him, someone humped the button on him.

This place lets some pretty monstrous personality defects hide in the background.

At least the mod who moved the thread to the correct section showed empathy and tact.

Thank you for that, whoever it was.

Alright, whomever hit notify on this post

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=9762221#Post9762221

Sac up and admit it. One of the more knobbish things I've seen around here recently.

Guy mentioned he's selling because he's got stage 4 cancer and he's moving books so his wife won't have to deal with it and links to ebay.

Instead of PMing the guy to let him know and so he can ask the mods to move it for him, someone humped the button on him.

This place lets some pretty monstrous personality defects hide in the background.

....sad but true..... GOD BLESS....

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

Edited by jimjum12