• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Briggs Land - Dark Horse - AMC tv show confirmed
1 1

70 posts in this topic

My 2 Briggs Land #1 Yesteryear Variant (500 copy run) came earlier :3

Just waiting on my 10 Briggs Land #1 (Forbidden Planet signed by Mack Chater) now :P

Plus it looks like the CGC has begun for Briggs Land:

:whee:

Long term is exactly what you should be thinking on the regular cover of this book. There's no initial rush from speculators to buy up all the copies.

If the book has a great run (which it should with Wood behind it) it'll probably be a $10 book eventually. If it becomes an AMC show, who knows. Not really much down side unless sales suck and it wraps up early (or never) as many books seem to do these days.

Long term is exactly what you should be thinking on the regular cover of this book. There's no initial rush from speculators to buy up all the copies.

If the book has a great run (which it should with Wood behind it) it'll probably be a $10 book eventually. If it becomes an AMC show, who knows. Not really much down side unless sales suck and it wraps up early (or never) as many books seem to do these days.

So...you're saying there's a chance...?!

not so sure how this one is gonna do long term, there are still copies available everywhere

will it sell out anytime soon? who knows...

It's a niche concept, as far as the comic market goes. It may have limited appeal, in the land of the cape. If a show gets made, that's when the book becomes a bigger deal.

I really liked the first issue.

So...you're saying there's a chance...?!

Yes. There's a 100% chance that if the book doesn't stay at cover price, it will either go up or down in value.

I can't see it ever being very valuable.

Our shop bought quite a few copies.

Unfortunately Woods' books haven't had much success in the secondary market. DMZ #1 was hot for a few seconds, but that is gone.

Patrick

Remember AMC went to Brian Wood because they wanted to work with him on a series, he pitched them the concept of Briggs Land before the first issue was even released and they loved it. Wood has stated he envisions this to be a long term series, more so than his others, dependent on how well it sells. Of course with AMC green lighting a series based on a comic book property before a single issue is released shows they have faith in it. The pilot episode Wood's has stated should cover elements from the first four issues.

Some stores ordered heavy, some stores didn't. Dark Horse titles can sometimes easily get overlooked. When the first issue was solicited, it was under the "Television Show in Development" tag line so not sure if retailers even noticed that or if they were wrapped up in ordering other titles.

We will have to wait and see, if the show does well, it only can help the sales of the comic and the value of the first issue, etc but also how the series progresses too. Saga wasn't a huge hit when it first came out either, it took several issues, and The Walking Dead took a long time as well. Not saying Briggs Land could be like those, but it could do quite well later on down the road. Time will tell, I for one enjoyed the first issue too.

For those that are interested, it looks like #3 will have an exclusive NYCC variant available (500 available) from the Dark Horse booth:

http://www.darkhorse.com/Blog/2406/nycc-2016-dark-horse-announces-new-york-comic-con

Is that issue even worth getting? ~

It is imo. I'm down to around 10 books per month and this is one of the best.

For those that are interested, it looks like #3 will have an exclusive NYCC variant available (500 available) from the Dark Horse booth:

http://www.darkhorse.com/Blog/2406/nycc-2016-dark-horse-announces-new-york-comic-con

Is that issue even worth getting? ~

It is imo. I'm down to around 10 books per month and this is one of the best.

That is a good cover. Still enjoying the series. (thumbs u

Just read issue #3 and once again, The book feels just right. The people and their motivations, both seem real. This and issue #1 are about about as well written as a comic can be and issue #2 is only slightly less good. Fantastic story and a series worth getting in multiples.