• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Frazetta Motherload
7 7

571 posts in this topic

I put an offer in, but man that sig is not a good one. Fazatta

But it is 1 of 1 highest registry copy of the SS.

edit: cancelled my offer.

Yeah, not a great sig.

I put an offer in, but man that sig is not a good one. Fazatta

But it is 1 of 1 highest registry copy of the SS.

edit: cancelled my offer.

Yeah, not a great sig.

So I was going through images I collected and found this exact same book but with a gold sig. The census only shows 1 of these in 9.6 and the sig is identical, number is identical, etc. Could it be possible that one of these is a fake? Or, more likely, what I have been seeing as gold ink was an optical illusion or reflection. I will try to a post, it is grainy and I don't recall where I got it from.

https://postimg.org/image/anjauy0gt/

Because of the condition I can't find much damage to try to match up, though the bottom left corner does look the same to me.

Edited by cstojano

It's the same book, the serial numbers match, I think his camera has trouble with gold. Scanners are the way to go for books, not cameras.

I will say the seller is legit, he used to work for CGC years ago. I have had dealings with him in the past. We have even traded books before, and that takes trust.

So no, it's not a fake.

OK so the seller lowered the price to $3,450 and the two books did not sell.

He relisted them at $3,700 and has now lowered the price to $3,400. I sent him an Ebay message a few days ago telling him for that kind of money he should have much better pics/scans. He said he would. Has not happened.

Another red flag for me is that this is his only listing.

I would appreciate any opinions on the $3,400 price for Frazetta signed Vamp #1 CGC 8.5 and CGC 8.0 Vamp 3.

Also, any chance of fraud here?

Thanks!

I don't know what GPA is on the Vamp 3, but unless you are just giving it away this is not the type of book I would try a package deal. Just makes things more murky.

There is always the chance of fraud with a seller you don't know.

I use watchcount to get a sense of demand in buy it now auctions. The first time this was listed there were only two offers, both by me. I offered to buy it off eBay after it ended and the seller wouldn't do that for some reason, despite him netting the exact same amount of money. With this second listing there hasn't been a single offer made on the lot. I personally think the 7.0 that sold recently had a nicer signature (09 signing).

I use watchcount to get a sense of demand in buy it now auctions. The first time this was listed there were only two offers, both by me. I offered to buy it off eBay after it ended and the seller wouldn't do that for some reason, despite him netting the exact same amount of money. With this second listing there hasn't been a single offer made on the lot. I personally think the 7.0 that sold recently had a nicer signature (09 signing).

The auction ends in about 4 1/2 hours. It will be interesting to see if anyone snags them this time.

3 minutes ago, chevalmeow1 said:

Another Vampi off ebay.  No longer available.  Anyone know somebody that can tell us if it sold or not?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/172142146027?_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

I have a copy and would really like to know!

:)

The sellers have posted on this thread so they may chime in.

On ‎2‎/‎15‎/‎2017 at 11:35 AM, cstojano said:

The sellers have posted on this thread so they may chime in.

I know the sellers, and yes it was sold. :gossip:  

Spoiler

Edited by Makmorn