• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Pre-Heat Speculation Thread - Get it before it gets HOT
9 9

2,180 posts in this topic

Gen13 1st appearance. easily found in the $1 bins

Yup (thumbs u

Prices on ebay bounce around on that one.

I remember getting a $65 store credit for issues 1 - 4 of that back in the day.

Is anything being done with Gen 13? I thought I heard Fairchild was part of the DC universe now. What about the rest?

I always thought the original Gen 13, not the later creators interpretations, but the first run, up through when Ed Benes illustrated the book, were really fun good reads with interesting well developed characters.

so what I'm watching right now...

God country.... writer has some pretty good track record, sold out at diamond, image lately has toned down their print runs again...small premium on the presales right now, less see tomorrow...

bloodblister... presales are a real meh, but the writer is good, and people who have read it say it's really good... from the publisher of animosity...

neither of these are no brainers...

I'm calling meh on titans knights of relativity.... Some reason Titan has never really performed for me, even when they put out such great reads...

Solar Flare looks like it's going to perform pretty well, small print run for self published versions, picked up by scout comics; people say it's a good read, art looks good, an easy topic to see going to TV/movie... if you can find copies of the self published versions for cheap....

Gen13 1st appearance. easily found in the $1 bins

Yup (thumbs u

Prices on ebay bounce around on that one.

I remember getting a $65 store credit for issues 1 - 4 of that back in the day.

Is anything being done with Gen 13? I thought I heard Fairchild was part of the DC universe now. What about the rest?

I always thought the original Gen 13, not the later creators interpretations, but the first run, up through when Ed Benes illustrated the book, were really fun good reads with interesting well developed characters.

Warren Ellis is currently re-launching & "curating" the Wildstorm universe characters as a separate imprint at DC (like the Young Animal imprint) and I'm going to bet that they will eventually be part of that project. It's starting with just a single title The Wild Storm and going to branch out from there after a few months.

This could lead to big things for this :gossip:

I believe the foc, for the c2e2 variant (PX?), is Monday the 30th. I think I will add 5 to my order...

I wouldn't put too much stock in a PX variant. They typically don't do too much value wise.

I wouldn't be either. This series is being heavily specced on as it is already m Marvel is making a push for the charts with overships and like 7 different variants of their own on top of offering store exclusives. Its not like this is going under the radar.

I've been quietly scooping variants featuring her from the last few years when I come across them in the wild for cheap. One of the nicer ones you can probably find in the wild for $5 or less (currently) is the Ultimates # 5 Putri Women of Power variant. I actually came across the Ultimates # 2 Jim Cheung 1:25 in a back issue bin at one of my honey holes for $3. I'm all-in on America Chavez but a bit leery of speccing on her # 1 issue.

This could lead to big things for this :gossip:

I believe the foc, for the c2e2 variant (PX?), is Monday the 30th. I think I will add 5 to my order...

I wouldn't put too much stock in a PX variant. They typically don't do too much value wise.

I wouldn't be either. This series is being heavily specced on as it is already m Marvel is making a push for the charts with overships and like 7 different variants of their own on top of offering store exclusives. Its not like this is going under the radar.

I've been quietly scooping variants featuring her from the last few years when I come across them in the wild for cheap. One of the nicer ones you can probably find in the wild for $5 or less (currently) is the Ultimates # 5 Putri Women of Power variant. I actually came across the Ultimates # 2 Jim Cheung 1:25 in a back issue bin at one of my honey holes for $3. I'm all-in on America Chavez but a bit leery of speccing on her # 1 issue.

Ultimates2_1_Deodato_Teaser_Variant-711x1080.jpg

I think this is the best if not one of the best covers for Ms. America. Its 1:10 so not the rarest but certainly not to be found in a dollar box. See like 2 or 3 on the bay atm so im bidding on one.

Oh...its actually a pretty good title also. Cool Galactus story line and features the 1st appearance of his "new transformation"

No spoilers. Check it out for yourself.

Edited by Juice Head