• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Love Is Love; Harry Potter's 1st comic app coming Dec 28th?
1 1

187 posts in this topic

I agree, but we never really know what is released.

As far as I know, removing the sticker won't "hide" anything.

The "stickered" over bar code is one thing, but inside, the book will be listed as a first print, rather than the first books out of the gate, which were actually second printings (and they are listed as second printings inside the book). They have now moved on to a third printing.

Regardless, as far as I know, this is the first appearance of Harry Potter in comic print---so I believe it should hold it's own. The question is; Do you want the first shipped book, which is a second print, with a letter from Diamond explaining the problem or the subsequent first print, which was shipped after? The real wild card is if they drafted a new cover for the 3rd print!

--As previously stated though, I am very pleased that the comic community came together in this fashion to create something unique and raise much needed funds for these grieving families. The senseless tragedy underlying the genesis of this book can get lost in its speculative luster....

2 hours ago, exitmusicblue said:

We have our first slab, and the label comes packed with intrigue...!

s-l1600.jpg

Whoa, "distributed before first printing."

So I guess the 1st print will say, "distributed after second printing."

And the date,"2016". I wonder if the 1st print will just say 2017? 

4 hours ago, Carl Elvis said:

Whoa, "distributed before first printing."

So I guess the 1st print will say, "distributed after second printing."

And the date,"2016". I wonder if the 1st print will just say 2017? 

Nah. It was still printed in 2016 so that's what's on the copyright page. It's just distribution that was delayed. It'll be interesting to see which printing is preferred by the market.

On 2/13/2017 at 6:35 AM, exitmusicblue said:

We have our first slab, and the label comes packed with intrigue...!

s-l1600.jpg

Exactly what I thought they would write, glad I kept the best copy of the stack I sold. Looks awesome in the slab! :cloud9:

Is it in a TMNT 1 size slab?

On 2/13/2017 at 0:56 PM, aerischan said:

Nah. It was still printed in 2016 so that's what's on the copyright page. It's just distribution that was delayed. It'll be interesting to see which printing is preferred by the market.

Not so sure about that, all the books released in early January are printed in 2016, but they say 2017 on their slabs. The first print was never available for sale in 2016 as far as I know. 2017 would make more sense, especially with the whole mix up with this issue.

2 hours ago, Chadwick said:
On 2017-02-13 at 10:26 AM, aerischan said:

Not so sure about that, all the books released in early January are printed in 2016, but they say 2017 on their slabs. The first print was never available for sale in 2016 as far as I know. 2017 would make more sense, especially with the whole mix up with this issue.

The date in the indicia is all that matters for the date on the CGC label, not the printing date (if available) or distribution date (if known).