• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Southern Bastards from Image
2 2

989 posts in this topic

I'm sure this heated up a few folks ;) I'm on board, though. In for at least one.

True that. I want Tubb's shirt. Funny thing, if not for the blowup on Twitter, no one would even care. Mockingbird had already been cancelled prior to #8's release. Sell through was generally pretty bad but #8 sold out in under a week. :eyeroll:

Finally another issue! Is this only the 2nd issue that has come out this year?

Yes, yes it is!

Looks like this record will hold... a total of two SB issues in 2016. :taptaptap: #16 was supposed to come out in December, but is now scheduled for January 11th.

Yes, yes it is!

Looks like this record will hold... a total of two SB issues in 2016. :taptaptap: #16 was supposed to come out in December, but is now scheduled for January 11th.

It is aggravating but it is such a high quality book that I still buy it every single time it hits. The Planetary of this decade ? Looking like it.

Yes, yes it is!

I wasn't aware that was happening with this book since I'd stopped reading it monthly, but I popped in here because I was aware it'd been a long time since I'd seen anything.

Has it been total radio silence? It really is the worst part of creator owned comics.

Finally got around to reading this tonight and....WOW !!! This issue was brutal, not the good kind of " somebody had it comin' " kind of brutal. I don't know why Burt Reynolds lol is doing with the good folks of Craw County but I guess we'll find out.

I was hoping for more of Roberta in this issue but I guess good things come to those who wait.

Yes, yes it is!

Really? Wow...

I only have about 5 titles on my LCS' pull list and I hadn't read an issue in over year--too busy--so I didn't realize it had been only 2 issues. Really?!?!? JUST 2 issues? Crazy.

Then again those other titles I read are just as bad: Low, Afterlife With Archie, Sabrina the Teenage Witch, and Trees... The time between issues is so long that I normally only read them about once a year, once a small stack has piled up.

Erratic scheduling can kill momentum. Certainly doesn't help. I feel like BKV cracked the code with SAGA scheduling: Six months on, three months off. Readership will adapt IF there's a routine they can get used to. Random scheduling, otoh...no bueno.

Having said that...this is such a good series. Aaron and Latour is just about a perfect pairing. I'd love to read this monthly, but I'll be getting it, regardless of when it comes out.

Finally got around to reading this tonight and....WOW !!! This issue was brutal, not the good kind of " somebody had it comin' " kind of brutal. I don't know why Burt Reynolds lol is doing with the good folks of Craw County but I guess we'll find out.

I was hoping for more of Roberta in this issue but I guess good things come to those who wait.

Brutal indeed! Wow.

Just picked up the original painted variant cover to Southern Bastards #5 by Andrew Robinson.

There is very little original art for this series as it's artist Jason Latour does must of his work in small sections, scans them and then digitally assembles the page and adds to the art. To make matters worse (in speaking of the original art word), Jason doesn't sell any of his original art. There hasn't been many variant covers done for this series and when they are done, Jason handles most of them himself. So, I was thrilled to be able to add this great cover to my collection. It's a huge oversized cover and is going to look great framed up on my wall.

http://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryPiece.asp?Piece=1376608&GSub=171718

Thanks for looking!

mathew

45 minutes ago, artistlost said:

Just picked up the original painted variant cover to Southern Bastards #5 by Andrew Robinson.

There is very little original art for this series as it's artist Jason Latour does must of his work in small sections, scans them and then digitally assembles the page and adds to the art. To make matters worse (in speaking of the original art word), Jason doesn't sell any of his original art. There hasn't been many variant covers done for this series and when they are done, Jason handles most of them himself. So, I was thrilled to be able to add this great cover to my collection. It's a huge oversized cover and is going to look great framed up on my wall.

http://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryPiece.asp?Piece=1376608&GSub=171718

Thanks for looking!

mathew

Looks amazing congratulations great pickup.

This is such a great title but the schedule is soooo frustrating.  

#17 was supposed to be out March 22nd if memory serves. I stopped by my LCS yesterday to pick it up, saw it wasn't there and checked the internet. Release date moved to April 12th. . That's bad enough...

...but checking the very same link right now... release date has been moved to May 10th. :pullhair:

29 minutes ago, Point Five said:

This is such a great title but the schedule is soooo frustrating.  

#17 was supposed to be out March 22nd if memory serves. I stopped by my LCS yesterday to pick it up, saw it wasn't there and checked the internet. Release date moved to April 12th. . That's bad enough...

...but checking the very same link right now... release date has been moved to May 10th. :pullhair:

I move these type of books to my trade wait list. I still read them if they're good, but by removing my schedule-based anticipation, I find that I don't have the same level of frustration when the creators start playing solicitation chicken.

8 hours ago, SquareChaos said:

I move these type of books to my trade wait list. I still read them if they're good, but by removing my schedule-based anticipation, I find that I don't have the same level of frustration when the creators start playing solicitation chicken.

Yep, makes sense. I do TPBs for some titles, but I like to keep a couple of my favorites as single issues to devour month by month on my commute.

It's just annoying that all these months later we're still only on the second issue of the storyline. zzz
I wish the delays happened in between storylines (a la Saga), to give the creators a chance to catch up. Ah well.

This book, East of West, and Jupiter's Legacy are reads I can't pass up whenever they arrive in shops. In fact, I read them digitally the night before they come out and also buy hard copies for my PC. When these series are over, their place in my collection will be among other long gone series like The Watchmen, The Authority vol 1, Planetary, Sandman, Preacher, and the like.