• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Long Beach Comic Expo Feb 18th & 19th, 2017

17 posts in this topic

Long Beach Comic Expo is around the corner and they just announced that Jason Momoa will be attending the show on Saturday, Feb 18th only for autographs and photos.

Some of the highlights so far are:

Mark Waid

Tim Bradstreet

Jim Cheung

Sara Richard

Amy Reeder

Here's the link to their site LBCE

Edited by Praxis52

lineup looks pretty weak so far. I hope they didn't use all their money for Momoa

Agreed! Though they do save some big name announcements as the Con date gets closer. I'm hoping that this still holds to be true.

Hopefully, there are a few buyers left that did not spend all of the money at Terry's awesome Con. If so, here are some of the books I will be bringing to the Expo.

ASM- 1- graded 6.0, 15- 7.5, other graded issues include- 41, 50, 100, 121, 122, 129, 238, 239, 252, 298, 300, 361, ungraded start at #7 and run into the 200s with many keys listed in the graded section;

Avengers- graded 12, 14, 57 and more, ungraded 2, 3, 4, 5, 9, 11, 12, 13, 15, most to around #125;

CA- 100-5.0, ungraded 100, 101, 109, 111, 113, 117 and more;

DD- graded 131, 158, 168 and lots of ungraded;

FF- #1 signed by Jack Kirby, 2, 3, 4, 7, 8, 12, 14, 25, 26, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 55, 112 (and most in between- many graded copies as well;

GSX1- graded 9.0, 9.4;

JIM- 83- lower grade, most from 84-112 and others;

Silver Surfer- most 1-18 ungraded, #7-9.6;

TNMT- #1- graded 7.0, 8.0 (signed by E & L), 8.5, first print raw copies of 2-6 and others;

X-men- most from #2-66, some reprint issues, 94-143 most in both graded and ungraded with some high grade copies;

DCs

Lots of 10 cent Batman, Superman, some Detectives, etc. many nice keys as well;

BA 12- Harley Quinn- 9.8, raw copies

Keys- Batman 81, 232, 234, Detective 359, 400; Green Lantern 76, New Teen Titans 2, Swamp Thing 1, 20, 21, 37, Brave and Bold 29, 39, Showcase 6, 7, 18, 19, and lots more;

I will also have many long boxes priced from $1-5 filled with miscellaneous titles such as Disney, Movie and TV, Western, War, Horror (lots of pre-code), Archie and other Humor titles.

Hope to see lots of you there this year. Feel free to contact me with specific comics you are looking for as well.

Ed Robertson

6 hours ago, Dark Knight11 said:

Can't wait to see you again Ed! You always have one of the best selection of books in stock (thumbsu

Probably not the best books but perhaps best books at best prices. See you soon. :acclaim:

On 1/12/2017 at 0:10 PM, Praxis52 said:

Long Beach Comic Expo is around the corner and they just announced that Jason Momoa will be attending the show on Saturday, Feb 18th only for autographs and photos.

Some of the highlights so far are:

Mark Waid

Tim Bradstreet

Jim Cheung

Sara Richard

Amy Reeder

Here's the link to their site LBCE

Looks like I'll be in town for this show. Looks like Saturday for me.  Who got the GA books?

1 hour ago, Junkdrawer said:

Looks like I'll be in town for this show. Looks like Saturday for me.  Who got the GA books?

I will have two magazine boxes of misc GA, early Superman, pre code horror, Planet 50, 71, and some Batman from 67-180 or so. A few others that slip my mind. Booth 412- Ed Robertson Comics

3 hours ago, robocard1 said:

I will have two magazine boxes of misc GA, early Superman, pre code horror, Planet 50, 71, and some Batman from 67-180 or so. A few others that slip my mind. Booth 412- Ed Robertson Comics

Thanks Ed, be a pleasure to meet you as well.

Did anyone here go to this? I passed, even though I'm local. Right after Terry O'Neil's con and just before WonderCon, timing is bad. Were there many actual "comic book dealers" there? I just can't see paying $25-$30. to go in and have modern artists charge me for their autograph...

4 hours ago, Robot Man said:

Did anyone here go to this? I passed, even though I'm local. Right after Terry O'Neil's con and just before WonderCon, timing is bad. Were there many actual "comic book dealers" there? I just can't see paying $25-$30. to go in and have modern artists charge me for their autograph...

We came; we sold; we conquered!  :devil: