• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

FS: Oliver Coipel double page spread from "The Mighty Thor" # 1 sold

17 posts in this topic

I canceled those items because I initially misplaced those pages and couldn't find them. You'll see the rest of my feedback is completely positive. I'm not sure why you seem to want to make it your mission to paint me as some sort of con artist. I've never ripped anyone that I've made a sale to off in my life. I guess it's just a case of you being one of those people who assume because of a couple of negative reviews weighed against a slew of positive ones, that a seller must be a con.

Edited by cosmicjoke

This really confuses me, because seeing "MYNAMEISLEGIONS" post reminded me that I saw an art day on this piece:

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=9444170&fpart=3

This was 3 days after the auction ended. I thought it was the winner posting, but now it's clear it's you, the seller.

How can you know after 3 days that the buyer never paid? That seems rather quick. I didn't think ebay would let you do that.

Malvin

I canceled those items because I initially misplaced those pages and couldn't find them. You'll see the rest of my feedback is completely positive. I'm not sure why you seem to want to make it your mission to paint me as some sort of con artist. I've never ripped anyone that I've made a sale to off in my life. I guess it's just a case of you being one of those people who assume because of a couple of negative reviews weighed against a slew of positive ones, that a seller must be a con.

A lot of vetern collectors, myself included, have seen this type of patern before from sellers who dont like the price they get on eBay. Piece ends too low and an excuse comes up as to why it cant be sold. Some buyer believe it some dont. Some leave feedback. Some dont.

Im not saying that youre doing that. I can see from your feedback youve also followed through on an auction that ended at 7 bucks. But from our vantage point in this thread, there still is enough evidence to the contray which is why people are calling you out.

Also many of us have been collecting for years and have never misplaced a piece of art, let alone done that on more than one occasion. Its all just red flags.

As someone new with only 20 something feedback, take this as a lesson for you in the optics of how you conduct yourself online. This hobby is small. People take notice of your every move. All it takes is a couple mistakes, like continually misplacing the art you contractually sold on eBay, to dampen your reputation.

Just my 2 cents on the matter.

Mike

Well you can believe whatever you like I suppose. I found the pages eventually, hidden away under a stack of other art. But by the time I located the pieces, I'd already refunded the buyers money and couldn't repeat the transaction. My other feedback shows that I'm perfectly willing to sell for whatever the auction ends at. I've lost a lot of money that way, but I still follow through.

I've been selling on ebay for years, so I don't need any advice of how to conduct myself. There's a lot of a-holes on ebay just looking to rip you off or simply file a complaint for no real reason, simply to be a jerk. The sellers on there have very few options or rights. I've run into and dealt with so many insufficiently_thoughtful_persons on that site, that I don't really know why I ever even bother trying to sell on there anymore. That's why I've been trying to sell pages on here. Unfortunately, it seems some of you have already made up your minds. I've sold pages on here before to people, and they received them without any difficulty. But again, believe whatever you want.

Edited by cosmicjoke

Whining. Those transactions are from nearly a year ago, so what good does your harping on it do anyone? Either keep the discussion on what this thread is about, which is the sale of a piece of art, or go somewhere else. You're wasting my time.

Edited by cosmicjoke

Wow, I just noticed that the non-paying "buyer" of the DPS when you were on ebay has like 130 bid retractions in the past 6 months, that is insane!

http://offer.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewBidderProfile&mode=1&item=322387553789&aid=d***a&eu=&bidtid=1701012101011&view=BUYER&ssPageName=PageBidderProfileViewBids_Buyer_ViewLink

Can you tell us the ebay ID please? That is someone that we should all block and avoid

Malvin

Yeah. Their ebay ID is daisukexdark

I didn't even realize that about this person. But that's what I'm talking about when I say there are a lot of buyers on ebay who are questionable in their own behavior. As a seller, it sucks, because you can't even leave negative feedback for buyers, you can only really file a complaint.

Edited by cosmicjoke