• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

NES Classic

125 posts in this topic

I am waiting to find one at store. Part of the fun.

Agreed it is! Got mine in target. That's your best chance. Call and ask the manager ahead of time, some stores distribute tickets early in the morning.

I feel like Nintendo may have dropped the ball. I understand creating hype but the amount of those that would have sold before Christmas as cheap presents could have been staggering.

Waiting for retail, if only we were all that patient :)

I called Christmas Eve here in Dallas to a place called Movie Trading Company who all I asked was how much did they cost and when would they get some more....

They weren't sure how much and then I was put on a waiting list

30 minutes later they call and say they have one at a location in a bad part of town but near where I used to live a long time ago, so I don't feel too bad about going...

I had got a $70 gift card to MTC so I say YAY they were $65 preordered at gamestop I'll be able to get mine and only have to pay the tax in cash ( 8.25% here in Texas)

I get there and they say that'll be $183 please! I proceed to ask my brother how much they were at Gamestop in the Pre-order and he says it was always $165+tax, so I buy it hahahaha

I have enjoyed it since Christmas Eve and a week ago I bother to call Gamestop who tells me they always sold there for $65

That is a $100 mark up I paid with miscommunication

I then call MTC and ask if I was taken advantage of, they tell me it was "Christmas Eve and that everyone was sold out and that they were originally going to mark it up to $200 but "people complained;" ppfffffft---- they got me good

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

:sorry: I didn't mean to kill the thread.... (or maybe I didn't idk)

I was hoping someone would say when the classic nes would be back in stores :)

If it is back at $65 dollars when it hits stores again more power to ya :) (I'll hit the floor though, end of rantrant

I feel like Nintendo may have dropped the ball. I understand creating hype but the amount of those that would have sold before Christmas as cheap presents could have been staggering.

All Nintendo knows how to do at this point is leave money on the table. If they would just release phone versions of their classic games at $5 each they'd bring in a billion dollars in no time. 2 of the very few apps I have ever bought were Sonic and Sonic 2 for a couple dollars each.

Genesis never compared to Nintendo for me when I was a kid, but I have to say I am enjoying that system as well. They are easily picked up at Rite Aid, 50% off, so only 30 bucks for it and the controls are wireless.

You guys know you can have a Wii, psp, and other devices modded to get just about every NES, gba, game boy, most 64 games, and more. Hell I have a Wii that has everything and burns any Wii game I find. My psp plays all those and Sega genesis and game gear titles too.

seems the only way to get these was to know a guy.

I missed out on the initial release but I got one during the restock the week of christmas.

I gave it away as a gift buy golly gee does that unit produce fun times. So many games you forgot about, so much nostalgia, Mike Tysons name taken off Punch-out but you know its the same.

Just a great machine.