• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Show Us Your 3D Comics

22 posts in this topic

I did a forum search, but could not find a thread for this, so am starting one. A few here (the larger sized Mighty Mouse, and Tor) I had bought off the news stand, in the fall of 1953;

34ipx52.jpg

2a9bepk.jpg

vrzdjd.jpg

The Adventures in 3D has a terrific horror story at the end.

Perhaps nobody else wants to share theirs, but I've got a few more to show:

3D_Dolly_zps2wkpufp5.jpg

A very early Richie Rich appearance.

3D_Glasses_Harvey_zpsusavoyyr.jpg

For the life of me, I can't remember where or when I got these. They're uncreased, so they were never actually in a comic.

3d_Animal_Fun_zpsgi2uhxia.jpg

An odd one, with Ziggy Pig & Silly Seal in a non-Marvel comic. No idea how or even if the publisher wound up with the rights.

3D_Katy_Keene_zpslhsep8zt.jpg

Archie's lone entry into the 3-D game.

3D_Superman_zpsexyphsc3.jpg

3-D's are another collection genre of mine. I have most of the ones from the 50's and 60's. I also have close to 100 of the modern ones.

With all of the scanning I still have to do I only have a few of my 3-D's scanned.

abbc3d.jpg

ec3d.jpg

felix3d.jpg

houseterror3d.jpg

KatyKeene3d.jpg

kk3dbc.jpg

Just got this one in the mail today...

3d_Space_Kat-ets_zps7lj9vbnr.jpg

I don't trust Gerber's ratings too much on the 3-D books... a quick glance at the bay shows there's no way Three Stooges 2 or Jet Pup are 7's... but this one is the last of the three 8's I needed, and none of them are exactly common even if scarcity rating is off.

False alarm. I saw this thread and thought for a minute fifties was back from exile doh!

Be careful of what you wish for, eh eh... ;)

I never did consider AGC's contribution to be actual 3D (because it wasn't). Maybe they recognized the method to be just a passing fad, or didn't think anyone would risk a quarter on their fare.

Anyways, here's my run of Adventures Into the Unknown, "3D" style. Curious that they didn't do this with any of their other 3 horror titles, Forbidden Worlds, Out Of The Night, Skeleton Hand, and the one issue of The Clutching Hand.

1zlx7wo.jpg

3D comics we're a huge thing to me when I first started collecting-- My first real idea that comics we're worth money was finding an Overstreet Price guide as a very young kid at a local bookstore that had an article on 3D comics (I have since learned this article actually pumped the prices up of all 50's 3D comics) -- I had no idea what a 3D comic even meant until I found a copy of Three Dimensional Alien Worlds in I think '84.

I'm stoked to see this thread-- When I get back home (On a long work trip) I'll crack out some of my 3D babies.