• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Contest: Guess the total for my first Kickstarter campaign

44 posts in this topic

I'm starting my first Kickstarter campaign for a new series of scary comics. The campaign starts Tuesday, January 10. Since many of you have supported me in the past, and because there's been a lot of giving around the holidays, I thought it'd be fun to have a little contest for my launch.

CurseCover.jpg

The rules are simple:

• Guess the final amount of money the campaign earns and post it in this thread.
  • Board member with the closest guess, over or under, wins his choice of prize.
  • Board member with the second closest guess wins the remaining prize.
  • If there's a tie (either because someone picked a total that was over and another that was under, or because two boardies guessed the same amount) the winner is determined by the post time stamp.
  • Editing a post or posting more than one guess is grounds for disqualification.
  • Contest starts now and ends early on the morning of January 10 (I'll post here prior to launch)
  • You do not need to back my campaign to enter/win the contest.

About the campaign:

• My goal is $1500.
  • The campaign runs for 30 days, starting Tuesday, January 10.
  • The comic is a stand-alone, scary comic. It's technically all ages, but I'm targeting kids in the 6 to 10 age group.
  • The comic is 24 full-color pages.
  • The goal of the campaign is to fund the print run of 1000 copies.
  • Click here to see preview pages.

The Prizes

There are two prizes. One is Captain America 108.

CapSmallFC.jpg

The other prize is a set of three Tarzan comics: 222, 223, 237 (very nice, HG copies).

Tarzan222SmallFC.jpg

Tarzan223SmallFC.jpg

Tarzan237SmallFC.jpg

Edited by Reno McCoy