• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PROBATION DISCUSSIONS
21 21

36,203 posts in this topic

Of course he does. My point about wishing mental illness hadn't been brought up is that I hate discussing the mental state of someone when we don't know. It just feels wrong somehow. I agree that if he has/had an issue, one would have to factor that into their thoughts on him and his behavior.

I hate discussing it too as it's a very gray and unsettling topic.

If Chip is not mentally well that will come out.

If I'm wrong that will come out too.

The point is not to be right or wrong, though. It's to do the best we can.

After all these pages, this post made my day. (thumbs u

I know it was asked earlier in the thread, and don't remember a reply, but does Chip still hold any of your inventory?

Of course he does. My point about wishing mental illness hadn't been brought up is that I hate discussing the mental state of someone when we don't know. It just feels wrong somehow. I agree that if he has/had an issue, one would have to factor that into their thoughts on him and his behavior.

I know it was asked earlier in the thread, and don't remember a reply, but does Chip still hold any of your inventory?

Good question. If he does Vintage should denote that on any books in future sales threads.

Folks should know that buying from Vintage might mean getting a book shipped(or not) by Chip.

2c

I only had 1 dealing with Chip & it went smoothly. So I'm saddened to see how poorly everyone else's transactions recently have gone, and the history of his poor service at other points in the past. So I'm regretfully going to have to vote yes here, regardless of potentially extraneous circumstances, because a history of bad service is a history of bad service, and that is what the HoS is for.

Good question. If he does Vintage should denote that on any books in future sales threads.

Folks should know that buying from Vintage might mean getting a book shipped(or not) by Chip.

2c

Not the reason for my post, but it is interesting to see other peoples point of view.

I only had 1 dealing with Chip & it went smoothly. So I'm saddened to see how poorly everyone else's transactions recently have gone, and the history of his poor service at other points in the past. So I'm regretfully going to have to vote yes here, regardless of potentially extraneous circumstances, because a history of bad service is a history of bad service, and that is what the HoS is for.

Going back thru my PM's, I also had a transaction with Chip with zero issues. However, I had no hesitation voting him to the HOS.

2c

Not the reason for my post, but it is interesting to see other peoples point of view.

That wasn't the reason I asked either.

Just for my own clarification, does inclusion in the HOS mean the member is banned from the boards? Or does it just prevent the shamed member from buying and selling on the sales threads?

Actually none of the above. He can still be an active member, which may one day help him get removed from the HOS list.

It also doesn't prevent him from selling or buying if people want to transact with him. Just serves as a warning.

Just for my own clarification, does inclusion in the HOS mean the member is banned from the boards? Or does it just prevent the shamed member from buying and selling on the sales threads?

Actually none of the above. He can still be an active member, which may one day help him get removed from the HOS list.

It also doesn't prevent him from selling or buying if people want to transact with him. Just serves as a warning.

And if he changes board name ? We get update on that ?

And if he changes board name ? We get update on that ?

Name changes are posted for a brief period in the Moderation area, however as with most things, vigilance is key.

How does it serve as a warning? Is their name marked with some form of scarlet letter? Or is it up to individual members to visit the Hall of Shame and know who the bad boardies are?