• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What is your main collecting goal/focus for 2017?
2 2

76 posts in this topic

Chamber Of Chills #19. Same goal as last year and the year before that, and the year before that...

I just looked at Ebay there are a bunch of them for less than 10$.

Good ole Lonzilla likes to make his goals achievable. :whistle:

Chamber Of Chills #19 from Harvey. Not Marvel. Jeez

http://www.ebay.com/itm/CHAMBER-OF-CHILLS-19-CLASSIC-SKELETON-COVER-PRE-CODE-HORROR-HARVEY-MISFITS-NR-/291974993429?hash=item43fb10d615:g:aIcAAOSw6DtYVZzX

Cool book!!!

4b04bfeb1b2a5ec14648954cd9b97fdf_zps861935db.jpg

Chamber Of Chills #19. Same goal as last year and the year before that, and the year before that...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/CHAMBER-OF-CHILLS-19-CLASSIC-SKELETON-COVER-PRE-CODE-HORROR-HARVEY-MISFITS-NR-/291974993429?hash=item43fb10d615:g:aIcAAOSw6DtYVZzX

Good god!!!! I just really looked at your link!!!! 1,683????? My copy is like a VG+. :o Bro, I paid 40 bucks for that comic. lol

Good god!!!! I just really looked at your link!!!! 1,683????? My copy is like a VG+. :o Bro, I paid 40 bucks for that comic. lol

Damn! You must have bought it from one of the few people who doesn't know the significance of the issue and uses Overstreet ($40-60 in VG). The Misfits used this picture for a record cover in the 1980's and it's an iconic piece with a ton of crossover collecting appeal

Damn! You must have bought it from one of the few people who doesn't know the significance of the issue and uses Overstreet ($40-60 in VG). The Misfits used this picture for a record cover in the 1980's and it's an iconic piece with a ton of crossover collecting appeal

I bought it from a dealer.....and board memeber. (shrug) Kinda exploded right after I bought it. I am well aware of the Misfits using it. That was my first exposure to that image (I had a Die die shirt, wearing a Samhain shirt as I type this lol) and what made me always to want to own a copy. Glad I picked it up when I did. Cause 1600 would push me out of the running to get a copy. :tonofbricks:

Mine would be early FF's (1-6, 8, 10-13, 15,16, 18-23). And early ASM's (1-7, 9-11, 13-16). If I could just get a couple of each I would very pleased. I'm also working on filling out my DD collection but that should be easier to find due to not having that many to start with.

Love the diversity of all the goals ! :applause:

I've retained the same focus obsession since 2009, trying to acquire all of the 164 Pre-Hero Marvel issues in as high a grade as I can afford to add to the Vault :

PHM_Group_Shot_10_16_v4_zps7jglzdbn.jpg

I've added several more since that pic, but still have a long way to go. So I can probably just copy this post for the "Goals of 20xx" threads for years to come :grin:

-bc

I've retained the same focus obsession since 2009, trying to acquire all of the 164 Pre-Hero Marvel issues in as high a grade as I can afford to add to the Vault :

I've added several more since that pic, but still have a long way to go. So I can probably just copy this post for the "Goals of 20xx" threads for years to come :grin:

-bc

TERRIFIC! :applause::applause::applause::applause::applause:

mm

-bc

So cool! (worship)

Can you educate a noobie and tell me which is the first and last issue among those 164?

-bc

Incredible! :o

-bc

That is one heck of a signature line congrats!!

-bc

So cool! (worship)

Can you educate a noobie and tell me which is the first and last issue among those 164?

Gladly answer those questions :)

The first PHM is always a bit of a discussion, but the Strange Worlds 1 (Dec 59), sort of starts the peak era.

Last one is Tales of Suspense 38 (Feb 63) - TOS 37 & 38 are the only PHMs that made it into 1963 - all the others converted to heroes or were cancelled.

If you really want to fall asleep fast, check out the "Pre-Hero Marvel !!!" thread over in the Silver Age forum.

-bc