• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

A Centaur a day...Funny Picture Stories 2/5 upgrade
4 4

1,275 posts in this topic

Hello all...

My goal is, starting January 1, to post a centaur (including family books from comic magazine, ultem, Chesler, etc) a day, until I've posted them all....the good , the bad, the ugly and yes a few incomplete place holders ( :wishluck: )

I believe , from a personal collecting standpoint, I'm nearing the end of my active/completist collecting goals (one small title left I'm actively collecting a subset of)

So, will detail here and see where the road takes me

Edit*** added a little backstory/collecting history on page 3

Edited by G.A.tor

Any order? Genre type? First to last publication? Favourite groupings? Artist groupings?

Are they all going to be photographed on a pool table?

I have them in alpha numeric order ...so will start with amazing adventures funnies

Guess I will try to post full list in the coming days

For example, star ranger is issue 1-12, then title is changed to cowboy comics for issue 13&14, then goes to star ranger funnies for issue 15 and vol 2,1-5...

So cowboy will actually post between star ranger and star ranger funnies, if that makes sense ?

Given this is a company that kind of falls out of most mainstream collecting it might be fun if you could note any personal challenges you had in obtaining certain issues or any interesting background info. for the novice as you post them.

Given this is a company that kind of falls out of most mainstream collecting it might be fun if you could note any personal challenges you had in obtaining certain issues or any interesting background info. for the novice as you post them.

+ 1

...GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

seems reasonable...a little tidbit should accompany each issue then (thumbs u

this is the list (not in posting order, and the numbering on many titles will be detailed)

Amazing Adventure Funnies...2 issues (1-2)

Amazing Man Comics...22 issues (5-26)

Amazing Mystery Funnies... 24 issues (numbering varies)

Arrow ... 3 issues (1-3)

CMO... 2 issues (Chicago mail order)

Cocomalt Big Book of Comics...1 issue (Chesler)

Detective Eye... 2 issues (1-2)

Detective Picture Stories... 5 issues (1-5}

Fantoman... 3 issues (2-4)

Funny Pages... 42 issues (encompasses The Comics Magazine and Funny Pages)

Funny Picture Stories...24 issues (the last 3 issues are actually titled Comic Pages)

Keen Detective Funnies... 24 issues (numbering varies)

Keen Komics...3 issues (1-3)

Liberty Scouts Comics ...2 issues ( 2-3)

Little Giant Comics... 4 issues (digest)

Little Giant Detective Funnies ... 2 issues (digest)

Little Giant Movie Funnies... 2 issues (digest)

Man of War....2 issues (1-2)

Masked Marvel Centaur...3 issues (1-3)

Star Comics ... 23 issues (Chesler oversized 1-6)

Star Ranger ...20 issues (includes Star Ranger, Cowboy and Star Ranger Funnies in the numbering)

Stars and Stripes Comics....5 issues (2-6)

Super Spy ....2 comics (1-2)

Uncle Joe's Funnies... 1 (larger digest)

Western Picture Stories ...4 issues (1-4)

Wham Comics...2 issues (1-2)

World Famous Heroes Magazine...4 issues (1-4)

a couple of promos (FPS and AMF)

I think I got them all...whew

For example, star ranger is issue 1-12, then title is changed to cowboy comics for issue 13&14, then goes to star ranger funnies for issue 15 and vol 2,1-5...

So cowboy will actually post between star ranger and star ranger funnies, if that makes sense ?

Gerber style! Love it, looking forward! Thank you!

(Though it admittedly also makes me nervous for fear of being bitten by the bug to chase Centaurs...)