• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What is your main collecting goal/focus for 2017?
2 2

76 posts in this topic

For me, it's the ever elusive Action Comics #252 where the perfect storm of condition, price, and availability all line up correctly. I sold and saved enough this year, but every day that goes by without pulling the trigger sees the comic book funds get nickled and dimed away with other books. Granted, they're still other books I need, but I want my #252!

SA goals for me for 2017:

1) I'd like to add another major Marvel key (like SupergirlDC1959, FF1 or TOS 39 would be my top preferences, but I have offers out to two non-collectors on ASM1 and DD1 respectively, and either of those would do fine as I have neither).

2) I'd like to add a Hulk #2, TTA 35 and 44, Strange Tales 101, and Two-Gun Kid 60.

3) The top of my D.C. Silver list is Adventure 247.

4) A decent Magnus #1, and the only silver Archie key I'm missing, She's Josie #1.

There are other non-SA goals, so even one of the above would satisfy me.

Refocusing, maybe that means purging. I finished my complete ASM a few years ago and then got distracted, tried simultaneously to do FF and UXM completes but never stayed focused.

Might pause the FF, focus on UXM.

I've got my Daredevil Miller run, Alan Moore Swamp Thing run, and an unexpected Swamp Thing Vol. 1 run. I got Dark Knight Returns 1 9.8, 9.6 SS (Miller/Janson)

I guess this is Copper Age stuff, sorry

This year it's about discipline and focus. Discipline and focus.

Edited by NoMan

Buy

'Upgrade' GRR copies of JIM 83 and FF 1 to lower-mid copies of originals. Probably.

To fill the gaps in my complete silver/bronze runs:

FF 4

X-Men 1, 3, 6, 8, 19, 32, 42

Avengers 2, 5-8

Hulk 165, 188 [excluding most of TTA]

Jim/Thor 85- 87, 91, 92, 94, 95, 102, 128, 135, 177, 179, 206

ST 103, 112, 122 [maybe also 111, 115] but only complete to 135.

The first four are obviously the biggest.

Grade and fresh bag/boards for the ASM 2-441 run I completed this year (might or might not pickup last few 417, 418, 427 and 1 or the GRR)].

Sell a short box and maybe one or two long boxes of mostly marvel silver/bronze.

Silver age? Now that my Daredevil run is done (at least in terms of having to have a DD #1 shaped war-chest- I still need a 9.4+ 86) I can start to take a run at some of the other books and titles I'm interested in.

Some books at the top of my want list are:

ASM 16, 50

FF 40,48,49, 73

JIM 116

TOS, 52,57,75,94

Edited to add: STRANGE TALES 135!

Beyond that- I'll continue to try to pick off pedigree copies of titles that I dig (Fantastic Four, Avengers, Tales of Suspense and Daredevil, right now)

Edited by rob_react

Damn Grebal, that's an awesome ASM run

Thanks NoMan. Like 01TheDude, I'm a mid-range collector for this higher end silver age stuff.

I started the year with #17-400 (more or less) and #3 - 5. Bought 6,7,10 & 16 on the board over summer.

Got lucky with a handful of the early key ASMs from one guy (2, 9, 13, 14, 15)- thanks to a phone call from boardie THB at Alamo Con that a Houston collector was in town with a box of early marvel main hero books.

That was my major 2016 collection goal.

AJq3tW7.jpg

NeZmrYU.jpg

Chamber Of Chills #19. Same goal as last year and the year before that, and the year before that...

I just looked at Ebay there are a bunch of them for less than 10$.

Good ole Lonzilla likes to make his goals achievable. :whistle:

Chamber Of Chills #19 from Harvey. Not Marvel. Jeez

http://www.ebay.com/itm/CHAMBER-OF-CHILLS-19-CLASSIC-SKELETON-COVER-PRE-CODE-HORROR-HARVEY-MISFITS-NR-/291974993429?hash=item43fb10d615:g:aIcAAOSw6DtYVZzX