• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bronze Neglect

71 posts in this topic

Here's a question. Name an issue of a title you feel is under appreciated.

I'll begin: Marvel Team-Up #3. Morbius' 2nd appearance and art by Gil Kane.

A true gem from Marvel's great period of experimentation. Should be worth 3 times the current price.

Are there others? hm

Good book that's not his second appearance.

Second appearance would be ASM # 102, eight months earlier.

Here's a question. Name an issue of a title you feel is under appreciated.

I'll begin: Marvel Team-Up #3. Morbius' 2nd appearance and art by Gil Kane.

A true gem from Marvel's great period of experimentation. Should be worth 3 times the current price.

Are there others? hm

Good book that's not his second appearance.

Second appearance would be ASM # 102, eight months earlier.

Well, I was counting all of The Six-Armed Saga as the first...

brave-and-the-bold-109-the-demon-aparo_zpskomlpu0y.jpg

Brave and the Bold #109. Art by Jim Aparo and story by Bob Haney. I love that issue and it is still affordable in high grades. Aparo at that time seemed to be the heir apparent to Neal Adams in the Batman titles. He did a great job with the artwork, I thought. His style changed as he got older and not for the better IMO. But in the mid seventies, there was an aspect of his art that surpassed Adams.

Kirby's return on Captain America 193. Everything at Marvel seemed right again :cloud9:

Until you actually opened it and went "GAH".

Now there's some bad taste :slapfight:

I seriously love this run. Harkens back to Kirbys 50s work like Black Magic. It's amazing to me how many people are still antagonistic toward it, just because it didn't regurgitate his SA work

Kirby's return on Captain America 193. Everything at Marvel seemed right again :cloud9:

Now there's some bad taste :slapfight:

I seriously love this run. Harkens back to Kirbys 50s work like Black Magic. It's amazing to me how many people are still antagonistic toward it, just because it didn't regurgitate his SA work

(thumbs u

I love that people hate it -- makes VERY nice copies VERY cheap compared to other books from the era...

Come on now...there was nuthin' wrong with this. Yes the story line wasn't fantastic, but those issues in the Kirby return are what got me into Kirby in general, and made me go back to FF in the Silver Age. Very important and under rated stuff.