• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

How did you come up with your forum name and avatar?
4 4

453 posts in this topic

In 1991, when I first really got into comics at the age of 10, An older friend at school gave me a ziplock bag of Marvel Universe series 1 and 2 trading cards. It was during recess period and I only had about 20 minutes to check them out before I had to save them in my book bag. As I excitedly and hurriedly thumbed through the cards I caught only quick glimpses of several awesome looking characters, one being a devil-looking character we all know as "Mephisto" and another being that lovable fishbowl spider-fiend "Mysterio." Later in class I was trying to describe to my other friend some of the characters on the cards and I combined their names into "Mystapho," only later noticing my beginner's error. Mystafo is just a bastardization of that.

In 1991, when I first really got into comics at the age of 10, An older friend at school gave me a ziplock bag of Marvel Universe series 1 and 2 trading cards. It was during recess period and I only had about 20 minutes to check them out before I had to save them in my book bag. As I excitedly and hurriedly thumbed through the cards I caught only quick glimpses of several awesome looking characters, one being a devil-looking character we all know as "Mephisto" and another being that lovable fishbowl spider-fiend "Mysterio." Later in class I was trying to describe to my other friend some of the characters on the cards and I combined their names into "Mystapho," only later noticing my beginner's error. Mystafo is just a bastardization of that.

(thumbs u cool story

Davebo was a nickname from high school, 357 was a random number that AOL tacked on to my very first e-mail because the generic username "DavidS" was taken.

The avatar my wife had this guy from Poland that she found on Etsy do.  He traces comic book art then draws people's faces on them.  I'm a big Wolverine fan (Just signed up for cgc when I started looking for Hulk 181) and she liked Rogue growing up.  Our cat gets to be Cyclops cause she's kind of a .  She had it printed and framed and gave it to me for our first anniversary earlier this year since first is the paper anniversary.

I am fat and have let myself get fat. I was a heck of a lot less fat when I came here though.  Just a reminder that I need to lose weight.  Battling it most of my adult life.  Irony is I was, of course, all muscle in high school, but that is a lifetime ago.

guess it's time for me to chime in lol

I wanted something that had to do with Wolverine and it is the first thing that popped in my head, and it just happen to be available, which was surprising to me.

I did laugh after I got to the "t" and said nah nah let's be serious an focus, @AdamAnt, WHICH is why I laughed when I saw that as a user name recently with a new boardie. :) 

The Avatar is up for interpretation, I don't feel it "needs" to line up with my name, which is why I had Harley Quinn trying to seduce the Joker when I first signed up lol 

8077af45daba498a7fa00a31a5ba39b0--joker-

AH GOOD TIMES AND IT'S NEARLY BEEN A YEAR