• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

How did you come up with your forum name and avatar?
4 4

453 posts in this topic

I've used the name Firespitter for over 20 years on forums and boards, actually going back to my early 20's.

The avatar is a badge I used at medieval reenactments; 3 escallops conjoined per pall inverted Or (gold). In the middleages coats of arms and badges were used as signifiers so that warriors could discern friend from foe in the midst of battle and at tournament from a far distance.

I have it on banners, carved in furniture, badges, gonfallons, sigil rings, armour, belt chapes, etc. In fact, now that I look around, you can't swing a dead cat in my place without hitting a triple seashells symbol.

2315276349_e9134e00f0_m.jpg4839583588_67c3ee4c2e_m.jpg4838999045_9bddb2e42e_m.jpg5882159929_c666b374d1_m.jpg4866305205_c83d55e7ce_t.jpg14716323750_340ecafe36_m.jpg14716323720_c4df165c97_m.jpg14902670192_3284654fa7_m.jpgnormal_AdMajoremDeiGlorium%20banner.jpg

So it's also my avatar, that way people across forums can recognize me...from a far of distance (like in days of old)...in theory.

-Terry

Edited by Firespitter

My name is after the low budget movie studios like PRC and Monogram best known for their horror/sci-fi/mystery like The Devil Bat, Bowery at Midnight, The Flying Serpent, many of the later Charlie Chan (with Toler) films etc. The area in Hollywood that housed these studios was nicknamed "Poverty Row".

My avatar changes periodically but is usually a pre-code horror image. Current one is Menace #11 (Atlas).

Name is my password for all of my online accounts.

Not really, it's just my initials (Ignacio D. Castro) and date of birth year.

Avatar is a cool recreation of X-Men #1 featuring the Fantastic Four as the X-Men and the Impossible Man as Magneto.

So I went with one of my favorite literary characters - the main character from Clive Barker's The Thief of Always! (thumbs u

One of my favorite books of all time!

Back when I was in high school, those fancy graphics calculators had just started getting popular. We had to have them for math class. Not long after they came out people started making video games for them. In class, all I would do is play video games on my calculator. My friends started saying I was a calculator nerd. Been using it for almost 20 years.

Got Hiro from the main character, Hiro Protagonist in Neal Stephenson's book; Snow Crash.

Great book that I read in the mid-nighties and when I got online (metaverse) later that decade

I started using this on AOL and various forums, etc.

Here's a link to a Snow Crash summary.

My avatar of the moment is Peter meeting MJ or actually

meeting her face to face for the first time.

Aren't we all really just looking for our MJ!

I look almost exactly like my avatar, (old, bad posture, glasses...etc), but I also have his bad luck as well. I am used to people poking fun at the way I look but the bad luck is just God piling on.

what's my avatar (looks left)

oh yeah.

I like GA Sci-Fi books. Planet 71 is beautiful. Has nothing to do with my user name which I've used all over the web since the early 90s (yes kids, the early 90s). My forum name is an homage to the Miracle Mets of 1969, my favorite team and their championship year.

Edited by Miraclemet

lol

Every time Cat-Man is mentioned, someone makes a litter box or hairball joke.

Must refrain...

I don't mind the ribbing. While most of the GA heroes had boy sidekicks, Cat-Man had Kitten by his side. That's a big win, IMO, not to mention nice yin-yang ... :grin:

d3ddb93e-dab5-403c-b3bc-97bd7f99791a_zpsc1ff0800.jpg

Do you wear the blue booty shorts as an artist or actor Cat?

lol

Both, and neither. I'm sorta like Schroedinger's Cat thinking outside the boxers. ;)

:roflmao: