• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Books you just cant find in the Wild
22 22

4,477 posts in this topic

Do "modern price variants" qualify? I'm asking before I open my big mouth lol.

I shop local comic shops and bookstores in the whole tristate area. Never eBay!

I know of a book that I have literally never seen in a shop. Ive specifically looked everyplace that I go. Including locations in Florida and down south.

There is literally only one book I have never found and I only have because I had purchased it when it came out on the newstand (only 5 issues were ordered for the store). I work there part time and that why I know.

Is everybody ready for THE BIG REVEAL? ??

Yeah I think they do. Several of those Marvel ones are very tough in any grade. I still look for the FF60 copy all the time.

Do "modern price variants" qualify? I'm asking before I open my big mouth lol.

I shop local comic shops and bookstores in the whole tristate area. Never eBay!

I know of a book that I have literally never seen in a shop. Ive specifically looked everyplace that I go. Including locations in Florida and down south.

There is literally only one book I have never found and I only have because I had purchased it when it came out on the newstand (only 5 issues were ordered for the store). I work there part time and that why I know.

Is everybody ready for THE BIG REVEAL? ??

Yeah I think they do. Several of those Marvel ones are very tough in any grade. I still look for the FF60 copy all the time.

86c0da8e-46f7-494a-b2f2-2cdad1d261a0.jpg

Hulk 441 price variant.

On my list of 150+ books I look for on walls and back issue bins.

Never ever found one.

That's just a newsstand edition.

I'm very aware of what it is. It is newsstand with a price variant.

And......?

That's it?? Ummmm OK ;) thanks genius

BTW I do not mean offence with calling you a "genius".

I've read your posts and you make good contribution.

But if you paid closers attention you would know that I was aware it was a newstand and asked the community 1st if it would qualify on here.

It is in all honesty a book I actively look for since the 90's and have never seen on a wall or back issue box.

NEVER

Edited by Juice Head

Here is one off the top of my head that I know Iook for, but never find. I mean, finding any of them in the $1 bins/back issue bins is hard enough even at a inflated price. The book I speak of is Jason vs. Leatherface (Topps #3). I have stumbled across two copies of #1 (7.5 and 9.2 respectively), one nice copy of #2, but never, ever, see #3. The #1's and 2's were had in cheapo boxes just by pure luck on my part;aka diving waaaaay too many boxes than is healthy I'm suspecting. lol

Maybe others in different geo. regions have better luck with these??

250342-19938-119346-1-jason-vs-leatherface.jpg

Edited by gradejunky

It's just a newsstand edition, that's what defines the book. The price difference is trivial.

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Main=398688&Number=9103030

They don't seem to be out there. Someone snagged one for a $2.50 BIN where the seller didn't know what they had. The other one is up for $80. There is one that looks like it is up for $7, but if you read the fine print they say the image is the wrong one.

Sooooo, on this one it might not be trivial as it is sort of a popularish cover, etc. Dunno what one would actually go for.

When it isn't a price variant. Did you even read the link?

Star Wars 1 (along with many other books) has a price variant. Incredible Hulk 441 (along with many other books) has a newsstand edition that happens to have a different cover price.

It's just a newsstand edition, that's what defines the book. The price difference is trivial.

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Main=398688&Number=9103030

They don't seem to be out there. Someone snagged one for a $2.50 BIN where the seller didn't know what they had. The other one is up for $80. There is one that looks like it is up for $7, but if you read the fine print they say the image is the wrong one.

Sooooo, on this one it might not be trivial as it is sort of a popularish cover, etc. Dunno what one would actually go for.

What, the one that's been sitting there for at least 7 months waiting for a huge sucker? Since when does some random eBay insufficiently_thoughtful_person's asking price mean anything?

The price difference is still trivial, whether there is demand for the newsstand edition or not.

What, the one that's been sitting there for at least 7 months waiting for a huge sucker? Since when does some random eBay insufficiently_thoughtful_person's asking price mean anything?

The price difference is still trivial, whether there is demand for the newsstand edition or not.

Why are you mad lol

Are you OK sir?

It's just a comic book...it will all be alright. I promise.