• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Ask Gator
13 13

7,545 posts in this topic

Hi Gator,

why do you run sales thread so rarely?

I have done so many conventions over the past few years that I've actually sold more books than I really want to...and my time has been limited to be able to ship books. .however , I don't think I'm doing a con till April of next year so I've considered running one February. We shall see

Hi Gator,

why do you run sales thread so rarely?

I have done so many conventions over the past few years that I've actually sold more books than I really want to...and my time has been limited to be able to ship books. .however , I don't think I'm doing a con till April of next year so I've considered running one February. We shall see

:wishluck:

Rick,

What are your thoughts on the recent prices realized on the early Actions in the CC auction?

Did #2 @ around $25K seem right to you? (CGC 8.0 conserved)

What about #7 @ around $40K? (CGC 7.0 conserved)

Rick,

What are your thoughts on the recent prices realized on the early Actions in the CC auction?

And did you buy either one? :D

Rick,

my personal feeling is that some of the early actions went a little under what i would have thought. Call it auction fatigue, or seasonal dampening, or market softening,

I saw the same thing with several high profile detectives last night

Rick,

And did you buy either one? :D

i wish. Have had basketball games both nights and missed bidding

Rick,

my personal feeling is that some of the early actions went a little under what i would have thought. Call it auction fatigue, or seasonal dampening, or market softening,

Regrettably, the market was not softening and no buyer fatigue had set in on what I was bidding on. lol

Rick,

Regrettably, the market was not softening and no buyer fatigue had set in on what I was bidding on. lol

no doubt there was some polar opposite results. Some books seem to exceed expectations as well

Rick,

Maybe because the Batman vs. Superman movie didn`t set the world on fire? At this time last year we were prepping for it.

Also no new Batman movie until 2018.

I can see a slight softening now without movie hype to get them red- hot.

Rick,

How much would just a front cover of Captain America Comics 1 go for and are you aware of any that have come up for sale?

I'm not sure what Gator would place the value at, but I picked up a cover last year for around 9,500 on ebay. This was "cheap" because it was raw with so so pictures that made it tough to tell authenticity/restoration. It was also from a seller who never sold comics. I'm happy with the gamble though. I'm not selling, but after I had it graded I've been offered quite a bit more then what I paid.

23506413499_a103ace7d8_o.jpg

Rick,

How much would just a front cover of Captain America Comics 1 go for and are you aware of any that have come up for sale?

I'm not sure what Gator would place the value at, but I picked up a cover last year for around 9,500 on ebay. This was "cheap" because it was raw with so so pictures that made it tough to tell authenticity/restoration. It was also from a seller who never sold comics. I'm happy with the gamble though. I'm not selling, but after I had it graded I've been offered quite a bit more then what I paid.

Love this cover! What a beauty you have :cloud9:

So did you pickup the coverless copy on HA?

GAtor:

Are you clever, brave, hard working or ambitious?

You may only choose one for the purposes of this question.

since "none of the above" was not an option , by default must be clever (work "smart" )

Rick,

Maybe because the Batman vs. Superman movie didn`t set the world on fire? At this time last year we were prepping for it.

Also no new Batman movie until 2018.

I can see a slight softening now without movie hype to get them red- hot.

I think movies have a lot less impact on GA books, in terms of getting them "hot", compared to bronze to modern...

Rick,

10K certainly seems reasonable (maybe even low)

GAtor:

Are you clever, brave, hard working or ambitious?

You may only choose one for the purposes of this question.

since "none of the above" was not an option , by default must be clever (work "smart" )

In that case, you are a Ravenclaw :sumo:

Tqg5mSZh.jpg