• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Velvet by Ed Brubaker

145 posts in this topic

Hmm, Velvet Deluxe Edition HC is available for preorder on DCBS right now ($49.99 @ 50% off = $24.99). Wondering if I should preorder or would it be better to just wait and get it via InStockTrades when it's actually released?

If you'll be placing an order with DCBS for other books, save yourself the IST shipping costs and order the HC. If you wait until post release, IST usually doesn't exceed a 45% discount plus you pay another shipping fee. (shrug)

Hmm, Velvet Deluxe Edition HC is available for preorder on DCBS right now ($49.99 @ 50% off = $24.99). Wondering if I should preorder or would it be better to just wait and get it via InStockTrades when it's actually released?

If you'll be placing an order with DCBS for other books, save yourself the IST shipping costs and order the HC. If you wait until post release, IST usually doesn't exceed a 45% discount plus you pay another shipping fee. (shrug)

If you habitually order from trades, then I'd say wait for it to show up at IST since, most of the time, they're cheaper than most other outlets on most books (even if they'll be a few percentage points short on this one).

The main reasoning here is that you'll be picking up enough other books at 42% - 45% off that you'll make up for the few percentage points you lose here. And it's pretty easy to spend $50 and hit free shipping so that becomes irrelevant unless you rarely buy trades.

I've got a pretty long wish list of trades/collected volumes that I've been slowly chipping at monthly so should be easy to get free shipping on IST by adding some other books from the wish list. My main dilemma with DCBS is do I want to wait until end of the month before I get my book versus a lower discount but get it within a week via IST.

Decisions, decisions... :pullhair:

Edit: Did the math. It's a mere $2.50 difference if I get it from IST at 45%. Dunno why I didn't just do calculations in the first place. Think I'll just grab it from IST. Who knows, I may get lucky and IST offers it at 50% discount, too. I got my Fade Out Deluxe Ed HC at 50% off from IST via their new release weekly deals.

Edited by aerischan