• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

DR DOOM IS GREAT. Please share your Doom OA, Favorite Doom Stories

123 posts in this topic

Only Doom would make a demand of Mephisto on his Hellish Home Turf. This is a chilling dark beautiful page of art. I appreciate all your pics. I love seeing so many DOOM fans come to life here.

Yes! Awesome Shoveler. I love that video never saw it before. Love it!

FF 116 with out question one of the best Doom FF yarns. Buscema and Sinnott are pure magic. I remember well the four panel page where Doom battles even when he has no more power-energy and only succumbs when drained to near death. The will of Doom goes beyond mortal understanding.

Great post and so appreciate your thoughts and contributions Shoveler.

If you like the John Buscema/Joe Sinnott team, you might like this one... I just love how Doom disses Superman :D

This is the first piece of art I ever bought, and comes from Superman vs Spider-man Treasury, didn't even know it was large art when I bought it back in the day.

doomsupes.jpg

FF 116 with out question one of the best Doom FF yarns. Buscema and Sinnott are pure magic. I remember well the four panel page where Doom battles even when he has no more power-energy and only succumbs when drained to near death. The will of Doom goes beyond mortal understanding.

If you like the John Buscema/Joe Sinnott team, you might like this one... I just love how Doom disses Superman :D

This is the first piece of art I ever bought, and comes from Superman vs Spider-man Treasury, didn't even know it was large art when I bought it back in the day.

doomsupes.jpg

Geez Chome you have so many choice OA pieces, I had no idea. This one is a classic. (worship)

doomsupes.jpg

Geez Chome you have so many choice OA pieces, I had no idea. This one is a classic. (worship)

Thanks (thumbs u I really bought it because I can't stand Superman and Doom calls him "Alien" :roflmao:

I don't have a whole lot of Doom pieces, but here's a couple from the silver age.

A classic Daredevil / Doom story where they switch bodies, drawn by the great Gene Colan inked by Tartaglione -

(note where a previous owner tried to remove a paste-up over the car at the top of panel 1)

Daredevil_37_pg_9med_zpsdea4e56e.jpg

I posted this one recently, but an excuse to do it again :)

From Sub-Mariner #20, reprinted in Giant Size Super-Villain Team-Up #1 by the great John Buscema and inked by the great Johnny Craig -

subby25oa_b1_stitch2_zps21c195ab.jpg

Only Doom could call Subby " sea born scum " and get away with it.

Man that's just a mighty fine page.

Now DD 37 so glad to see a page out of that classic. No doubt one of the best silver age stories and art.Look at D O O M kicking poor DD while he's down.

Can't thank you enough for contributing these two beauties.

Not so fast Book of Strange. I have to say this work by Jeff Lafferty is really well done. Very pleasing and clever the more you take it in. So glad you took the time to post this here. Thank you!

John-- Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! One of the best D O O M covers ever. So happy you added it here to a thread dedicated to why we think DR D O O M is G R E A T !!!!!!!!

Speaking of covers...

I used to own this cover recreation Dave Cockrum made of his Uncanny X-men 145; it's one of my favourite covers of all time (Doom !) and it's the only recreation Cockrum ever made of this page, but each time I looked at it, there was something nagging at me and in the end I traded it...it just didn't "connect" with me.

For some reason I don't really like recreations that much, art-wise they can be magnificent, but part of the hobby for me is nostalgia, getting that real page that the artist "created" not "copied"

cockrum2.jpg

John-- Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! One of the best D O O M covers ever. So happy you added it here to a thread dedicated to why we think DR D O O M is G R E A T !!!!!!!!

Speaking of covers...

I used to own this cover recreation Dave Cockrum made of his Uncanny X-men 145; it's one of my favourite covers of all time (Doom !) and it's the only recreation Cockrum ever made of this page, but each time I looked at it, there was something nagging at me and in the end I traded it...it just didn't "connect" with me.

For some reason I don't really like recreations that much, art-wise they can be magnificent, but part of the hobby for me is nostalgia, getting that real page that the artist "created" not "copied"

cockrum2.jpg

Agreed, to each his own but that is why I have no interest in recreations myself.

Malvin

Excellent Doom Cover (recreation) Dave Cockrum style made an impact on me during my youth. His work continues to impress me. As you say nothing beats "original" pages. I will however give the late great artist a standing O for this keen Doom X-Men classic.