• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

This Week Back From CGC
45 45

17,941 posts in this topic

Thanks, these are my oldest books. The AC and Supe graded better than the estimated grade where I bought them.

The Tec graded lower, but the seller swears that if I resubmit, I should get a 7.0. I might do that in the future to see if that happens. Original print was cut wrong and was the major issue with that book.

IMG_20161123_082223606_zpsmhdsi8wy.jpg

IMG_20161123_082447250_zpsc7jgpdl2.jpg

IMG_20161123_082520523_zps26eyjpii.jpg

IMG_20161123_082329787_zps4u9vv5nw.jpg

A question, because I know nothing about the hobby at all, why did the book get a NG? Is it a fake, or not recognized, or a what is this we don't know so we can't grade it thing, or a self art submittal or a cleaned/damaged book, or that is not recognized, or....?

I take the grade as equal to a body bag grade in coins, or a genuine grade under the more modern coin grading.

Thanks, if anyone cares to answer.

IMG_20161123_082223606_zpsmhdsi8wy.jpg

A question, because I know nothing about the hobby at all, why did the book get a NG? Is it a fake, or not recognized, or a what is this we don't know so we can't grade it thing, or a self art submittal or a cleaned/damaged book, or that is not recognized, or....?

I take the grade as equal to a body bag grade in coins, or a genuine grade under the more modern coin grading.

Thanks, if anyone cares to answer.

It is because that specific comic had the outer sketch cover added to the book after manufacturing that was not done when that book was made at the printing factory.

Think of someone taking a New Mutants 98 and adding another blank cover to it and sending it into be graded by CGC. CGC will just verify/authenticate the sketches or signatures and assign a NG to the book.

Personally I feel the grade itself is irrelevant on sketch covers because its usually used for an artist to draw a sketch on of course so the art for me is important and not the grade of the book itself.

Edited by NewWorldOrder