• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

It's holiday time and once again, time to have a heart and to help a heart.
2 2

101 posts in this topic

We have another board member, who is ill and needs a heart transplant. He's on a waiting list. I plan on starting a thread tomorrow morning, to help him.

Please keep Robb (Speed Force) in mind tonight and look around to see if you have things you'd like to contribute.

Robb is married and has a small (3 year old son). His wife Carah is a student and takes care of Ford.

Olds_Family_2016.jpg

before you all ask, the Great Dane is Holland.

Robb has been liquidating his collection to help with his coming medical expenses, but he is still short of his goal. They have moved to a place where they can be closer to the hospital where he will need to be.

He's on a waiting list for a heart, his level is 1b. 1a is for people who are in the hospital now, he's the next level.

Robb has insurance, but it will not cover all the expenses of a transplant. He is out of work and will have to be out of work until he's strong enough to return, which can be several years.

There is a charitable organization HelpHOPELive which we can use to donate funds. It collects and manages all donations in his honor. Robb sends medical and related bills to HelpHOPELive and the nonprofit pays the bills directly. Before he can request any payments from funds raised in his honor, HelpHOPELive verifies medical need directly with his medical professional so that donors can feel completely secure making a donation.

I will post more information about that tomorrow.

I know that some people will want to make direct donations, while others will want to donate books or other comic related items that we can sell, in order to help.

If you have anything you'd like to donate to this cause, or have any questions, just pm me.

The thread will be in G/S/B starting around 10am EST and will run through Monday or Tuesday. Thank you all.

Sharon

Hi Josh:) You can post right in the thread.

Just pm them to me if you are going to be away and need me to post them.

I have a template somewhere I am going to dig up, but the rules are pretty general. Anything comic related is fine.

Just make sure to post if shipping is included or if it is not how much it is, and if you are in the US if International shipping is included.

Also, once an item is "taken" please mark the item sold.

I have the link for cash donations, I will post it in the thread, but it's here, too.

https://helphopelive.org/campaign/11758

Thank you (worship)

Well I did the best I could and won your Showcase 22 CGC 6.0 on ComicLink (hopefully it will get you to or above your 50k goal) but I am with everyone here in hoping you get better as soon as possible....you have a wonderful family (telling by the image above) they deserve to see you healthy and happy!!

By the way you are a very lucky man to have such a supportive wife in such difficult times!!

Edited by SupergirlDC1959

Thank you everyone. It's always a group effort and without that, it would not work.

I wish Josh at ComicLink would cut his commission fees by say 12.5% to 25% (that would give Robb an extra 650$ to 1300$ roughly) ....any way you could contact him and explain the situation I know Josh is always very helpful (I understand he runs a business but maybe he would be willing to make a donation on the commission Robb has to pay for the 3 books he sold)?

Don't get me wrong I do not want to cause any trouble for Josh if he can't do this. I am just curious if he would be able to do this for a good cause.

I just sent Josh at ComicLink (explaining the whole situation with Robb's charity link) a message will keep my fingers crossed but in the end Josh runs a business so please no negative vibes towards him if he can't help out (I have been dealing with him for years and he is a great guy).

Something like this really puts the petty squabbles and misfit behavior that we (too) often see online into perspective.

This is just not about a board member in need, but it's also about a wife and a young son too.

Something like this really puts the petty squabbles and misfit behavior that we (too) often see online into perspective.

This is just not about a board member in need, but it's also about a wife and a young son too.

Indeed it does human life is precious more so than any piece of paper!!

Thanks everyone for their support here. I know Robb is very appreciative.

This is what I love about this forum, so many kind people taking their time to help those who are

having difficulties.

I'm going to start the thread a little earlier, in about an hour or so.