• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The X-23 Thread
2 2

321 posts in this topic

Is there much point in trying for a Nyx 3 in anything but inflated prices? They've just screened 40 mins of LOGAN and there's a lot of buzz coming off Laura as a character.

wait until a few months after the movie and people are focused on something else

Ah, the fan club's all here. At least all that haven't been banned.

Why cant you see this problem? Do you so trust the people running that site that they don't have a monetary interest? You and I both post on both web sites and have been members here for a long time.

How can you not look at their site which has ties to several other sites that advertise books for sale there. Its a classic conflict of interest.

Your an intelligent individual I just don't see how you cant concede that this is happening or has happened on that site.

So all this talk is because of the Venom 4-shop variant being on their top 10 list? Is it not selling for a lot more than it cost originally? Or is the theory that they are trading 500 copies back and forth, inflating prices?

Also, how does the boardie who is part of the fan club and was pre-selling sets of them at inflated prices factor into the equation? Maybe an inside plant?

Edited by ygogolak

Where in this post does it say that the 10 copies were sold to a CBSI mod - as that was the initial post Shady was referring to?

Whats that? Its all conjecture like all of the other points made?

Wow I am so surprised by this.

I must be misremembering the part where I stated it was a CBSI mod. No doubt you can quote the post where I wrote that.

Did you state it, no. Did you infer it, yes.

Where in this post does it say that the 10 copies were sold to a CBSI mod - as that was the initial post Shady was referring to?

I must be misremembering the part where I stated it was a CBSI mod. No doubt you can quote the post where I wrote that.

I can't be blamed for someone else's reading comprehension problems. And you meant to write that I implied it.

Meanwhile you absolutely stated earlier that I posted misinformation in this thread, for which you still have yet to provide any evidence. Perhaps it's another instance of a CBSI member misremembering.

Is there much point in trying for a Nyx 3 in anything but inflated prices? They've just screened 40 mins of LOGAN and there's a lot of buzz coming off Laura as a character.

wait until a few months after the movie and people are focused on something else

Generally this advice works. The only reason I would disagree is if I thought the change to Laura was going to catch like Wolverine or Harley Quinn as recent examples of hype that survived beyond the movie.

I can't be blamed for someone else's reading comprehension problems. And you meant to write that I implied it.

Meanwhile you absolutely stated earlier that I posted misinformation in this thread, for which you still have yet to provide any evidence. Perhaps it's another instance of a CBSI member misremembering.

Never once called you out. But there's your misinformation you are frothing about.

Ah, the fan club's all here. At least all that haven't been banned.

Why cant you see this problem? Do you so trust the people running that site that they don't have a monetary interest? You and I both post on both web sites and have been members here for a long time.

How can you not look at their site which has ties to several other sites that advertise books for sale there. Its a classic conflict of interest.

Your an intelligent individual I just don't see how you cant concede that this is happening or has happened on that site.

So all this talk is because of the Venom 4-shop variant being on their top 10 list? Is it not selling for a lot more than it cost originally? Or is the theory that they are trading 500 copies back and forth, inflating prices?

Also, how does the boardie who is part of the fan club and was pre-selling sets of them at inflated prices factor into the equation? Maybe an inside plant?

Again I am unsure how you can't see it here.

That really isn't what I was talking about per say, but lets use the above as an example.

I would have thought a lot higher of the site if they would have excluded this book from their Top Ten. The answer should be obvious because its a conflict of interest.

Let others talk about the book being hot. It still accomplishing the same thing, while preserving the site as being convulsion free, but that didn't happen.

You cant sell a book at the same time promote the book as the hottest thing in the market regardless of whether it is. I got nothing personal against the site or its founders, but if they cant understand this conflict its really going to bite them in the sooner or later.

Edited by Fastballspecial

Generally this advice works. The only reason I would disagree is if I thought the change to Laura was going to catch like Wolverine or Harley Quinn as recent examples of hype that survived beyond the movie.

Yeah, I'm wondering if we've got another Deadpool on our hands. The kind that even non-comic book fans pick up on.

Hmmmm...there is a number of things that can happen with X-23.

I do not anticipate the ferver that came with deadpool BUT I think she may have more of a "slow burn".

Her print numbers for NIX are significantly lower book wise and may have more stability.

She is a very different character thaname a Deadpool or a Harley.

Really it depends on what Marvel ultimately does with the character in the long run.

I'm assuming everyone is worried "investment wise"

(Which I am not because I do not sell)

Well...investment wise? I SAY SELL SELL SELL AND BUY BUY BUY.

There's money to be made now if you like and there's still a lot of room for growth. She not going to tank anytime soon. Will she remain or become one of the "big guns" into the future? Maybe.

I mean since we are talking about all this and most of it stems from OLD MAN LOGAN or just LOGAN.

Even he is a character to watch. I think an older wolverine works better that the younger. I hope I don't sound brash with that statement.

There's a lot of room for growth with him as well.

Marvel is going to milk the cow with "last movie hype".

Again what his fate is depends on what Marvel does with it.

Edited by Juice Head

Ok then

I saw I had a response and got excited lol.

Then I checked and it was nothing.

Is there something wrong with your keyboard? Or is it a typo??

You didn't say anything kiddo!

Neither did you. (shrug)