• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

TTA 27 club
5 5

369 posts in this topic

Plus, its part of my favorite unrecognized subset of SA keys to attempt to amass: The Lee/Kirby effort to establish plainclothes ordinary-looking heroes to go with their "real world" problems: I define this subset as the Amazing Adventures issues with Dr. Droom, FF #1 & 2, TTA #27, Two-Gun Kid #60, the first couple of Strange Tales Torch stories..am I missing anything? You can lump in the Kirby Challengers of the Unknown if you're ambitious.

I don't know if the actual intent was much Lee/Kirby trying to establish plainclothes heroes as much as the transition was still happening from monster and Sci-Fi era to costumed heroes and they hadn't gotten there yet.

The ordinary problems for sure, but once the costumed hero appeared nothing else compared.

That's probably the main reason why Fury and Westerns didn't flourish the way Spidey etc. did.

But I will agree with you that any $0.10 and circle $0.12 Marvel is about as cool as it gets for collecting.

Doesn't Brulato have all the keys in the highest grades? So the other 9.4 must be his copy. Schmell used to own a 9.4. Does anyone know is the Comiclink copy was his?

Of course if I'm right about Brulato, the second question is moot isn't it?

It's not a book known for its cover colors, but yours seems very good in that regard. My copy's brown is much more faded.

Congrats!

Thanks! I hadn't noticed, then I looked up at the previous one in the thread, one of the two 9.4's, (worship) and thought huh? But after scrolling through a few fellow mortal copies I see what you mean with both the browns and greens. You see this variation with the green monster on FF#1 too.

Reminds me of the range of variance on my favorite mid-60's Marvel cover color, that deep purplish hue on DD7, IM1, ST135, Shield 1, etc. Dark, glossy copies look like they are still wet off the press :cloud9:

On March 23, 2016 at 5:19 PM, mar-vell said:

Have you read avengers #93? That is the all time greatest ant-man story and one of neal adams finest works as a comic book artist as well!

Thanks. I'll put it on my list

6 hours ago, NoMan said:

Bump!!!  :bigsmile:

I'm sick of AF 15, :insane:    let's get back to talk about the single most important comic in history (worship): TALES TO ASTONISH #27 (worship)

Great book to own I miss my CGC 4.5 sold it because it was in a new type holder without the inner protective well....I will buy myself another one hopefully this time a 6.0 or 7.0.

The 1st movie was awesome!!

Edited by SupergirlDC19591

12 minutes ago, SupergirlDC19591 said:

Great book to own I miss my CGC 4.5 sold it because it was in a new type holder without the inner protective well....I will buy myself another one hopefully this time a 6.0 or 7.0.

The 1st movie was awesome!!

what's a 6.0 - 7.0 gonna be 9k? let me check GPA