• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Odd, unusual & funny panels thread
6 6

274 posts in this topic

003.jpg

If George Herriman had been an underground artist. All I can think when I look at that panel.

Here is a spooky page from my copy of FAMOUS FUNNIES # 26 from September 1936.

It refers to the Captain of the Hindenburg, who 'never had a serious accident'.

8 months later he died when the Hindenburg went down in May 1937.

Although Max Pruss was the commanding officer of the last flight of the Hindenburg, Captain Lehmann was the most senior officer on board, but was there only as an observer. He was fatally burned when the ship caught fire at Lakehurst on 6 May 1937 and died the following day. It was initially believed that Lehmann would recover from his injuries; he was scheduled to be transferred to the hospital at Rockefeller University for further treatment until he took a sudden turn for the worse the afternoon before his death.

Talk about this comic book page tempting fate or what hm

000_0003_zpsgne6e1i7.jpg

000_0002_zpsxbyhpufv.jpg

1936%20FAM%20FUN%20036-57.50c_zpsfa7rbjjb.jpg

Cool post. I actually have a copy of FF 26 and will have to look for that page. :headbang:

From the Human Torch story in Captain America #27

cap27_zpsbnjihewg.jpg

I think he's giving him the kiss of life at the wrong end...that would bring anybody around.

Hopefully Toro doesn't "Flame on!" :insane:

Yet another reason to love Catman!

catman7_zpsfbkwnn8n.jpg

Hilarious :signfunny:

You have to wonder if these guys knew what they were doing. Some of this stuff.is so blatantly obvious, and I'm sure it was the source of much laughter in the bullpen.