• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

IDW Transformers G1 Continuity Appreciation Thread
4 4

523 posts in this topic

I don't normally keep up with TF stuff, but I read all of the More Than Meets the Eye and Robots in Disguise books, and really enjoyed them. Does anyone know is Milne sells his originals, or if he has a dealer?

I don't normally keep up with TF stuff, but I read all of the More Than Meets the Eye and Robots in Disguise books, and really enjoyed them. Does anyone know is Milne sells his originals, or if he has a dealer?

He stays busy at TF cons, and that is the best place to hit him up. I know he takes commissions, but I think the artwork from MTMTME might stay with him or James Roberts. As it should.

he had art for sale at fan expo Toronto. I know it was some covers but not sure if he had interior pages

He sells direct. I've bought from him. He's very busy though and difficult to get in touch with sometimes. First contact is usually through Twitter. He's a nice guy but persistence is key.

I have a few books that CGC just verified. This is the first time I've used their fast pass service. I've used fast pass across the street, and to be honest, I think it might be the only way to go. I get impatient when I have some books in that I would really like to know the grades on. Anyways, Transformers #9 RE (x2), 22 RI, and More than Meets the Eye #19 RI are ready to get looked at. Maybe I can get that first CGC 10.

I think my AHM Apocalypse has a shot at a 10, and maybe my spotlight Nightbeat as they are the most perfect looking books I have. Most of the early RI Covers have that thick card stock which can be a blessing or a curse!

Grrr. You said 22RI. In reference to that specific book you have sir....The seller apologized to me for selling it to you out from under me when he asked me to hook him up with one of the new 1:50's.

I stay looking for my grail though.

He sells direct. I've bought from him. He's very busy though and difficult to get in touch with sometimes. First contact is usually through Twitter. He's a nice guy but persistence is key.

Thanks, really appreciate the responses everyone!

Edited by F For Fake

I think my AHM Apocalypse has a shot at a 10, and maybe my spotlight Nightbeat as they are the most perfect looking books I have. Most of the early RI Covers have that thick card stock which can be a blessing or a curse!

Grrr. You said 22RI. In reference to that specific book you have sir....The seller apologized to me for selling it to you out from under me when he asked me to hook him up with one of the new 1:50's.

I stay looking for my grail though.

I have 5 books coming back, 2 of which will be for sell since I sent off multiples of a couple looking for the best grade. I should have them this weekend or Monday at the latest. Fast Track was really nice but it is $10 more per book, so it's only for the high dollar ones IMO.

Getting a 9.9/10 I think is as much luck as anything. I've sent off some books (as I'm sure more CGCers have) that I could have sworn was better than a 9.8 but no luck. I don't know if your grader just has to be in a particularly good mood.

Has anyone read the new series yet? I have only read the newest issue of Till All Are One.

I've read both. Both of them are strong starts. Some have said that Optimus Prime may even be stronger. Lost Light is definitely picking up where it left off with James Roberts usual wit.

Do you guys discuss DW Transformers as well?

Not really due to the shady nature of the way Pat Lee ran it and his reputation right into ground. That's not to say that some of the DW stuff doesn't have some merit. I might go start another thread for the non-IDW TF stuff.

I haven't started the new books yet. Still have Revolution #5 and Transformers MTMTE Revolution to read. I was dreading reading Revolution, but I ended up liking it, much stronger story line than Titans Return or Combiners. Hopefully they won't overdo the shared universe in the main Transformers books.

Do you guys discuss DW Transformers as well?

Not really due to the shady nature of the way Pat Lee ran it and his reputation right into ground. That's not to say that some of the DW stuff doesn't have some merit. I might go start another thread for the non-IDW TF stuff.

OK, I wanted to make sure before I posted some DW slabs that have come in signed by James Raiz. Seemed like it was all IDW on here but I wanted to be sure. I don't really read the newer stuff...but was all over their series'. Thanks for the heads up...I'll keep an eye out for one if you start it.

Hope ya'll don't lynch me for asking a question about some DW Transformers books. If it needs to go someplace else LMK.

I am asking about DW G1 vol. 3. I actively read this series, but never saw these covers. They are both clearly newsstand editions with different covers than the covers I know. The #1 has the same type barcode on BC. Can't seem to find any newsstand versions of these in my brief research on the net. Would love some feedback.

GfSZ3uYh.jpg

Yeah, Dreamwave is the Plague, but if you PM me the barcodes, I can dig up info.

Pat Lee still owes Don Figueroa around $17,000 and why not only did the company fold, but I don't pay for dreamwave books.

Edit, just jumped over to MCS, Cover a #1, and cover B for #4.

https://www.mycomicshop.com/search?TID=493011

Edited by UltraMaximus

Yeah, Dreamwave is the Plague, but if you PM me the barcodes, I can dig up info.

Pat Lee still owes Don Figueroa around $17,000 and why not only did the company fold, but I don't pay for dreamwave books.

Edit, just jumped over to MCS, Cover a #1, and cover B for #4.

https://www.mycomicshop.com/search?TID=493011

Not even the #0 Galvatron cover??? Just wondering as I know some would give their left nut to find one in the wild in a $1 bin.

Anyhow, i'll write down those barcodes and send them to you. I'm just not seeing the news. versions on the bay at all.

The content inside is just as important as the cover when it comes to me collecting Transformers, and knowing how much I dislike DW is why I started the IDW specific thread. Yeah, I won't even consider the Galvatron #0. Even the Ultra Magnus "White Prime" variant for #6. Others may have a soft spot for dreamwave, but I am not one of those fans. haha

I have a few DW books, but they fall short in the realm of what IDW has accomplished with a complete universe that continuously feeds off of previous stories, and still makes new ones that include almost every incarnation of Transformers from the any versions over the years.