• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

A muck-encrusted mockery of a thread: House of Secrets 92 Club
3 3

105 posts in this topic

I was surprised to find that that we didn't already have a club for this Wrightson greytone masterwork. Seeing as how I lucked into a copy of my own recently, I'll kick it off!

30812352266_b3131f7be9_b.jpg

I've seen some really spicy copies on this forum, so let's see 'em!

The second copy is very nicely centered, which seems to be very difficult for this book, especially in high grade copies. I know I've been searching for years for a 9.2. I've run across one copy that fit my requirements, but it had interior tanning which killed it for me.

The search continues........

Very nice books, folks!

Isn't the whole "A muck-encrusted mockery" thingie supposed to be for Man-Thing?

I've seen it used for both characters, but in Swamp Thing #1, they actually use the words in this panel:

31476991496_b4cf944a15_b.jpg

There may be something similar in some Man-Thing issue, I don't know.

Swampy's definitely the more significant of the two. HOS 92 is on my short bucket list. Will eventually get a copy, but haven't seen the right one yet. Very hard to find with good page quality for some reason.

Too bad no one has taken advantage of Man-Thing though. Great potential with the right writer. Would love to see that first appearance take off.

No collection is complete without one..... this is my keeper..... even though I occasionally throw it in a sales thread at about twice what any one would pay..... It's Don and Maggie's copy, and that makes it extra special to me.....somehow it snuck into a Heritage Sunday auction :cloud9: GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

TNhEnVl.jpg

No collection is complete without one..... this is my keeper..... even though I occasionally throw it in a sales thread at about twice what any one would pay..... It's Don and Maggie's copy, and that makes it extra special to me.....somehow it snuck into a Heritage Sunday auction :cloud9: GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

TNhEnVl.jpg

Wow, white-paged beauty Jimbo! :cloud9: