• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

ADAM HUGHES GALLERY
13 13

1,296 posts in this topic

So happy to be sitting on two complete Catwoman runs. What I really want now is the Zatanna short run.

I have 2 left to get for full Catwoman....about 6-8 for Wonder Woman. Zatanna has been the hardest for me to find in shops.

So happy to be sitting on two complete Catwoman runs. What I really want now is the Zatanna short run.

I have 2 left to get for full Catwoman....about 6-8 for Wonder Woman. Zatanna has been the hardest for me to find in shops.

I have seen a handful of WW and Catwoman issues around me. One issue was even in the dollar bin, but all the popular covers are long LONG gone. I have never seen a Zatanna in person.

I have seen a handful of WW and Catwoman issues around me. One issue was even in the dollar bin, but all the popular covers are long LONG gone. I have never seen a Zatanna in person.

I saw two Zatanna covers at the last con I was at, condition wasn't great so I passed, I'm regretting it now.

I did get a few Hughes books

large.jpg

the problem with the Zatanna books is that it's the letter Z, so some dealers stop bringing any books past X-Men titles (last letter they usually bring to a show)

They are out there. I think I have one full run, and 2 runs missing an issue here or there.

I fished a bunch of the Hughes WW and Catwoman covers out of my LCS dollar boxes a while back. I had no idea who he was, whether he was a hot artist, etc., I just thought the covers were purdy.

No, not the mugshot one or one of the other expensive ones

I fished a bunch of the Hughes WW and Catwoman covers out of my LCS dollar boxes a while back. I had no idea who he was, whether he was a hot artist, etc., I just thought the covers were purdy.

No, not the mugshot one or one of the other expensive ones

I was wondering about these expensive covers. I've known of Hughes for a while, but I just started following this thread and "Adam Hughes CGC 9.8" on eBay. I'm seeing a lot of $200 and $300 BINs. Are these really worth that kind of money in 9.8 grade? I'm also seeing some $15 and more raw examples. I get the popularity factor, but is the supply that short on certain titles?

Only two Hughes covers I own so far. Nothing rare or hard to find. I like how some of his characters have dark borders. Paired with the realistic skin tone coloring, it really makes some characters "pop" out.

LWvBPlDl.jpeg

Both are very solid covers, and considered desirable. I could actually see the Canary one getting a little bit hotter.

I don't know how many dozens of Zatanna sets I have at this point.

Which is probably no surprise.

Must be nice!

Damn, that's where they all went.

Patrick

Aren't there only 5 Zatanna covers by Hughes?

That sounds right.

I don't really know if these are trends or if they'll hold value...that is also a question,?

I like Zatanna, haven't read the Tomb Raiders.... I posted Tomb Raider Journeys 1 Adam Hughes when I bought it and at these prices how can I not get more....

166685.jpg.febfa6e7e3a722a1134387e1a7ce99f0.jpg

166686.jpg.94374e83c5ba445c7ed6d35f80299e5c.jpg

166687.jpg.1793394bb6585b2ecc05538234e8cd07.jpg

166688.jpg.88054425b4b42c304201302628ec38b5.jpg

I was at a store yesterday and found a good number of Hughes covers so I decided to grab them. Non of his valuable stuff is in here but it's a decent start. Sorry for the glare in the pics.

IMG_0221_zpsb07flhte.jpg

IMG_0224_zpsg213zgfn.jpg

Good score. There's a few sleepers in that pile that'll surprise you for how much they go for.