• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Hillbilly by Eric Powell on Albatross Funnybooks!

123 posts in this topic

Can't believe how hard it has been to even find #3.

I'm wondering when the ordering will start to counteract the speculators.

Heard a few people come in and ask the same question as me, do you have any issues?

Patrick

Can't believe how hard it has been to even find #3.

I'm wondering when the ordering will start to counteract the speculators.

Heard a few people come in and ask the same question as me, do you have any issues?

Patrick

I buy 3 copies of each, I read one, submit one, so I try and have a spare in case I get a 9.6 or decide I want a SS copy. #1 I had about 7 copies, but 2 was tough, and 3 I have a few, and picked up a few of the second print.

Has the book peaked any interest in other Powell books?

Locally, my opinion is no.

I haven't heard a peep about Chimichanga (locally or here).

Patrick

Spook House!!

Spook House was awesome.

Chimi has been pretty fun too.

Based on price, it's clear that Hillbilly's interest has come out of the clouds a bit. But likely also due to the time of year.

Patrick

Has the book peaked any interest in other Powell books?

Locally, my opinion is no.

I haven't heard a peep about Chimichanga (locally or here).

Patrick

Spook House!!

Spook House was awesome.

Chimi has been pretty fun too.

Based on price, it's clear that Hillbilly's interest has come out of the clouds a bit. But likely also due to the time of year.

Patrick

Hillbilly is a good read, delays could kill the momentum. Spookhouse is just FUN! I will be picking up #2 today!

Previews world has it listed releasing tomorrow also albatross funnybooks on facebook posted pictures of their advance copies of issue #4 last week with an additional comment that issue #5 would release 2 weeks after #4 so I am guessing midtown listing is correct.

Checked with my LCS and #4 is listed on their invoice for next week as well.

Edited by RattyLa

Am I way out of line here wondering why Eric Powell doesn't come out and explain the delays? I check his feed from time to time and notice it's usually Albatross itself giving the update.

I really can't remember this many delays (across comics, not just Powell) in shipping comics back in the 90s. Again, I could be completely wrong.

His art is way too good to come out once a month. You look at the Marvel stuff that comes out once a month and it's garbage. Pretty much the only person I can think of that can keep up is Capullo, but I don't think he does every issue or the complete issue, does he?

7543_900.jpg

Didn't even know it was coming out today and there it was in my pull. :cloud9:

This was a fantastic issue. It was delightfully eerie. I think a new reader could pick this up and enjoy it without reading the first four. But should still go back and get em anyways. (thumbs u I wonder when it will come out as a trade?