• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

IDW Transformers G1 Continuity Appreciation Thread
4 4

523 posts in this topic

Same store, and I guess that is Fan Expo's thing now with having every variant also have a foil version.

No kidding. It looks like we're heading back to the 90's on this.

Has anyone seen the recent listings on ebay for the Transformers #1 Change variant?

Transformers #1 Change Into a Truck

Another with an even more ridiculous price tag.

The one that is $249.99, I could possibly see being realistic. The other one, not at all. I've bought from that seller before and was not impressed. I bought one for $10 two years ago and it graded out to a CGC 9.6. Is there a ceiling for the variants? I'm seeing some of the same signs that led to the market crash in the mid-90's popping back up.

You are referring to "Variant Fatigue" but in the scope of the market and comics, the lowest print, with best art will win. And I believe that is what we have here with this TF #1.

This was a pretty tough book to find initially and for a little bit after release.

The Ongoing #1 went 2nd Printing because many retailers did not order that big on the new #1 after the All Hail Megatron and the Maximum Dinobots stories probably wore buyers out. Last Stand of the Wreckers was also happening at the same time offering more Transformers than the market can absorb.

I'm seeing it was a 1:10 and distribution was around 15K +. We know how TF fans can be though and these are probably sitting in a lot of collections.

Yeah a 1:10 but so is Supergirl and the Legion of Super Heroes #23.

Thanks for the heads up bud.

I just popped into forbidden planet in Newcastle and they had 1 left, I didn't expect to pick 1 up in the uk.

All I need now is the Revolution #1 Indonesia Comic con reed pop cover if anyone can help ?

I was told just yesterday that lost light is on track for a release of 12/14. Hopefully this stays true because I am doing my first ever store variant cover with this issue. Art by Sajad Shah and colors by Juan Fernandez.

Zp7HKUg.jpg

I was told just yesterday that lost light is on track for a release of 12/14. Hopefully this stays true because I am doing my first ever store variant cover with this issue. Art by Sajad Shah and colors by Juan Fernandez.

Where will you be taking orders for these?

Well, the final Transformers Revolution is hitting this week (unconfirmed still via comixology), but I am excited to see Milne artwork again, and to wrap up this multi franchise stuff.

If you guys see any other IDW variants for these upcoming #1 releases, please share them here!