• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

A sales thread for Roshni - A MESSAGE OF THANKS FROM KOLKATA
3 3

122 posts in this topic

Hi everyone

If you have been following Tales from the Island of Serendip in the Gold Forum, you will be aware of Roshni, a small group of courageous young women who fight for women's rights in Rajabazaar, one of the poorest and most crowded parts of Kolkata. Roshni is the Bengali word for Light

Here is a link.

Out of the dark

I've just returned from a three week visit, having identified some ways in which to help them consolidate their work. I will be posting much more on this in Serendip in the coming weeks.

LUKE HOLLAND SCHOLARSHIPS

The purpose of this sales thread is to raise around $3400 in order to establish 15 Luke Holland Educational Scholarships. These will be offered to young girls at risk of being married off too young by desperate parents. It is also hoped that among them will be Roshni's next generation of committed volunteers.

Luke Holland was, like Roshni, a light bringer. He helped people all over the world, and died tragically young - murdered in a random, senseless shooting in a Berlin street. He was an only son. His parents are now becoming involved in supporting Roshni, and have donated funds to help establish a new Womens Refuge that will become Roshni's new base.

Of the fifteen scholarships, two have already been covered by donations.

WOULD YOU LIKE TO HELP?

Christmas is a difficult time of year for many of us, and we are all constantly bombarded by earnest requests to help this or that worthy cause. I have become one of the bombardiers.

I will begin posting modestly priced items later today.

I would also like to invite any boardie who wants to help Roshni with these scholarships by posting collectibles you no longer need, to help achieve this target.

HERE'S HOW IT WORKS

Post your item with the price you want it to sell for, and specify whether postage is required. You can offer free postage if you wish. Also whether offers are welcome.

When your item sells, I will contact the buyer. The sale price will be paid directly to my PayPal account. If postage is required, I will ask the buyer to pay this directly to the seller, who will then ship the item.

PLEASE NOTE THAT I AM BASED IN THE UK SO WILL NEED TO CHARGE SOMETHING FOR INTERNATIONAL POSTAGE.

:takeit: wins over pm's.

ALL OF THE MONEY RAISED WILL GO TO ROSHNI. This will be done by International bank transfer once the thread closes. If we fail to make the target, I'll rob a bank.

IMG_3932_zpsnr2ojrnj.jpg

Very happy to post here and help out. I will cover shipping anywhere in the world. All for Michael and a noble cause in Roshni

I will post more today from work. :)

Fantastic Four Annual 1 3.0 (1/4” & 3/8” spine splits btm fc & bc; full length sub crse fc; circular ring stain center fc; sm localized stains fc; mod edge wear; cb & ncb surface wear fc & bc; long cb crses bc; stains & foxing bc) $75.00 SOLD

FF-Ann-1-fc_zpsu05diees.jpg

FF-Ann-1-bc_zpsuy9qf2pi.jpg

Edited by crassus

Very happy to post here and help out. I will cover shipping anywhere in the world. All for Michael and a noble cause in Roshni

Fantastic Four Annual 1 3.0 (1/4” & 3/8” spine splits btm fc & bc; full length sub crse fc; circular ring stain center fc; sm localized stains fc; mod edge wear; cb & ncb surface wear fc & bc; long cb crses bc; stains & foxing bc) $75.00

:takeit:

Fantastic Four Annual 1 3.0 (1/4” & 3/8” spine splits btm fc & bc; full length sub crse fc; circular ring stain center fc; sm localized stains fc; mod edge wear; cb & ncb surface wear fc & bc; long cb crses bc; stains & foxing bc) $75.00

:takeit:

^^

Star Spangled War Stories 45 VG- ow pages - First DC grey tone war cover! Great parachute/paratroop cover!

$50 shipped wherever. All to Roshni. :news:SOLD! :news:

th_SSWS45.jpg th_SSWS45bc.jpg