• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Legal Size Scanner thread.
48 48

1,629 posts in this topic

Anyone else using the HP8300 and getting this light reflection on the bottom?

Any idea how to get rid of that? I loved my Microtek i800 but so far this HP, while much faster, is doing a crappy job with slabs.

moon%20knight24_cgc96_64017_zpsrsnfpzyr.jpg

Try turning the slab the other way when you scan it. That works most of the time, but not always.

Quick question, if my scans come out like below, is there a way to know if this is fixable? I've gone through all of the contrast/brightness i could think of. Is it possible the old 8200 just died? Any help is appreciated!

star%20wars%20001.png

Quick question, if my scans come out like below, is there a way to know if this is fixable? I've gone through all of the contrast/brightness i could think of. Is it possible the old 8200 just died? Any help is appreciated!

star%20wars%20001.png

Did your scans used to be brighter? If so, have you changed scanners or scanning software?

If everything has remained the same and the scans suddenly started looking like this, you may have a hardware problem.

As always, I would try using VueScan and see if that helps.

Yup, they used to be MUCH brighter!!! Was thinking that a bulb or something like that may have given out in the old hp8200. I've had it a long long time.

Your HP 8200 Scanner has one bulb. If the bulb had given out, you wouldn't get an image.

Yup, they used to be MUCH brighter!!! Was thinking that a bulb or something like that may have given out in the old hp8200. I've had it a long long time.

Your HP 8200 Scanner has one bulb. If the bulb had given out, you wouldn't get an image.

What would you get? hm

What would you get? hm

The workhorse HP ScanJet 7400c, of course! Link.

IMG_20160314_212739893_zpshw1v5qdj.jpg

I have read a few page of this thread, but not the whole 126 pages.

I am looking to get a wireless scanner/printer.

Would love it to be able to scan CGC books (even though that is not the focus of my collection - I do have some and it stinks not being able to scan them on my current equipment).

I am not looking to spend a small fortune as 99% of what I do is simply print black and white documents. It would still be nice, however, to occasionally print a photo.

I am 100% NOT a tech geek, so this might be a struggle deciding on the right one.

Any help would be appreciated.

Are there any modern scanners that work for slabs? My trusty Microtek i700 is failing. I'm struggling to find a replacement won't cost an arm and a leg to deliver.

I'm guessing no since most newer consumer grade/entry pro grade scanners use CIS instead of CCD.

Anyone had any experience with modern scanners?

Are there any modern scanners that work for slabs? My trusty Microtek i700 is failing. I'm struggling to find a replacement won't cost an arm and a leg to deliver.

I'm guessing no since most newer consumer grade/entry pro grade scanners use CIS instead of CCD.

I can use that type of help as well.

I'm looking into some modern CCD scanners. Epson makes some, but I'm hesitant to buy without trying.

I'm looking into some modern CCD scanners. Epson makes some, but I'm hesitant to buy without trying.

I'm thinking about giving this one a shot. I like the 11x17 size.