• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

General discussion thread - keep the other threads clean
29 29

35,155 posts in this topic

I don't like when people make claims in a sales thread that they can't verify. If you have 1 of 2 CGC 9.6's you can't say yours is the only one ever for sale unless you know of the ownership history of the other 9.6. You can say it is the only 9.6 ever up for sale publicly on the Forum or on a auction website, but you can't say it is the only one ever up for sale because a dealer could be selling it at shows. Or his/her friends could be making offers. Why do people make outlandish statements that just undercut their product. Less is more. Don't be a person_too_unaware_of_social_graces.

How has that guy not received a strike for his outrageous spamming?

I don't know. Clearly he's earned one.

Apparently he got it.

yup

and he'll probably come back and launch a ten page tirade on how unfair the mods are. (shrug)

Apparently he got it.

yup

and he'll probably come back and launch a ten page tirade on how unfair the mods are. (shrug)

That would cut into his selling time though :baiting:

Apparently he got it.

yup

That would cut into his selling time though :baiting:

it might, its a savage land out there. :banana:

I don't like when people make claims in a sales thread that they can't verify. If you have 1 of 2 CGC 9.6's you can't say yours is the only one ever for sale unless you know of the ownership history of the other 9.6. You can say it is the only 9.6 ever up for sale publicly on the Forum or on a auction website, but you can't say it is the only one ever up for sale because a dealer could be selling it at shows. Or his/her friends could be making offers. Why do people make outlandish statements that just undercut their product. Less is more. Don't be a person_too_unaware_of_social_graces.

Did you ever read the comments Doug Schmell makes about his comics for sale on his website ? The best(worst) is when he just pressed the book into a communion wafer, got a grade bump, and still says the book looks like it should be a grade higher. Of course Doug is a good customer of many here so it's all good.

Edited by bomber-bob

Did you ever read the comments Doug Schmell makes about his comics for sale on his website ? The best(worst) is when he just pressed the book into a communion wafer, got a grade bump, and still says the book looks like it should be a grade higher. Of course Doug is a good customer of many here so it's all good.

Looks like VG/FN to me. hm

Did CGC change it's designation on trimmed books?

Here's a link to an Iron Man #55 that a board member has in a sales thread

and note says "top edge trimmed" but it has a Blue Universal label.

In the past, didn't this type of scenario receive a purple label with the notation "trimmed" next

to the grade?

Iron Man #55 sales thread

In the past, didn't this type of scenario receive a purple label with the notation "trimmed" next

to the grade?

That has to be a mistake

to the grade?

It's a factory miscut, not a trim.

The seller was just using slang, as in 'bad trim' = bad cut, just like when it's cut with back cover mis-wrapped around with white stripe, for e.g.

Thus, blue label.