• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Statue Collections
23 23

5,036 posts in this topic

Premium Formats are all statues as are comiquettes, maquettes etc...

Basically the only action figures are 1/6 scale.

Most of what SS does are statues.

You can tell if its a figure by looking at the pictures. Also, SS doesn't do 1/6 statues, so anything 1/6 is a figure.

You guys helped me decide to focus on statues instead of expensive figures, so maybe you can help me with one other thing. What are your thoughts on mixed media statues?

I almost pulled the trigger on the Fett Premium Format Figure a few months ago, but there was something off putting about the stitches on his sleeves. Everything else looked great, but in videos and images I saw, the thread/stitch size just looked wrong. Maybe that's something I'd get over when I saw it in person, but that's a big risk at that price.

Now, I'm debating the upcoming Kylo Ren, or maybe even the new Vader. But again, mixed media. I worry that the capes or a flowing robe or whatever a statue includes will look like a random piece of cloth tacked on instead of an actual part of the statue.

. But again, mixed media. I worry that the capes or a flowing robe or whatever a statue includes will look like a random piece of cloth tacked on instead of an actual part of the statue.

I have a lot of PFs with mixed media, and I've not found this to ever be the case. Just buy one and check it out for yourself; you could always send it back for a full-refund. The thing about all these statues and figures is, you have to check them out in person for yourself to know how you feel about them. Even the best pictures and videos don't tell the full story.

And speaking of Hot Toys, after just saying I thought they were expensive, I bought a couple from the BvS line. One of them should be arriving today. In keeping with what I just said, it was time to check them out for myself.

I've pretty much have given up on statue collecting, After going over my bills months ago, the bleeding needed to stop, I ended up canceling all pre orders. I just sold my Batman Modern Age PF that "I just had to have" Superman will soon be sold too. I have no room in this 600 sq apartment with these giant boxes piling up they've become basically expensive paper weights. Rather have comics. I've kept Keir, The Queen and Apocolypse so far. They do look great and SS does a great job but I just can't justify spending $500+ a statue anymore when that money can be put to better use like in my savings account, paying bills or adding to my cgc collection.

Space is a killer with these things.

The reason I'm looking at 1/6 figures now, when I never paid attention before, is primarily space. I don't want to sell pieces off, but I'm running out of space, so I either have to drastically cut down on buying, or go to smaller scales.

It doesn't help that these things are getting bigger/more elaborate and way more expensive. Amazing as the stuff is, it just becomes untenable after a while.

. But again, mixed media. I worry that the capes or a flowing robe or whatever a statue includes will look like a random piece of cloth tacked on instead of an actual part of the statue.

I have a lot of PFs with mixed media, and I've not found this to ever be the case. Just buy one and check it out for yourself; you could always send it back for a full-refund. The thing about all these statues and figures is, you have to check them out in person for yourself to know how you feel about them. Even the best pictures and videos don't tell the full story.

And speaking of Hot Toys, after just saying I thought they were expensive, I bought a couple from the BvS line. One of them should be arriving today. In keeping with what I just said, it was time to check them out for myself.

You're such an enabler. :P

Seriously though, you're probably right. I don't get out to places that I can see this sort of thing in person, so it's time to just go buy one and see what I think.

Be sure to offer your thoughts on the HT BvS items. Maybe they'll present nicer than you anticipated.

I'd also suggest swinging by (maybe call first) a LCS to see what, if any, they have on display. It might give you a good idea of what you'd be getting without having to shell out the cash first.

I ended up doing that exact thing when contemplating this piece --> Batman PF and am so glad I did.

It's a lot more massive in person than I realized and led me to holding off due to having no where to put it.

My first Hot Toy. Pretty impressed with the quality. Have no clue how to pose it though, it's more difficult than it looks.

FullS.jpg

FullSizeRen.jpg

FullSizeRender%20%283%29.jpg

FullSizeRend.jpg

Edited by COI

Never had any problems with mixed media. I love it in fact.

Theres an Iron Man 2 Maquette at my local shop. Been wanting to add a 1/4 Iron Man. Damn its tempting.

It's this piece right here:

3001722_press06.jpg

Thats awesome. I want that

This.

Link?

If your talking about the joker lamp......

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Multi-color-Change-LED-3D-Jack-Joker-Lamp-Table-Desk-Touch-Control-Night-Light-/262603349470?hash=item3d24611dde:g:Mj4AAOSwdIFXx4c7

just put into ebay Joker 3d lamp, it changes colors too

I did the epacket from china in the link soo-----can be trusted

only $1 cheaper than other sellers but I was patient (from china?? what was i thinking lol )

anyway do the search cause there are different types of 3d lamps

Did anyone else buy some 3d lamps?? lol I thought they were pretty cool (thumbs u

Now I see they have a deadpool one :)

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Deadpool-3D-Acrylic-LED-Night-light-7-Color-Touch-Table-Desk-Art-Lamp-Gift-Xmas-/122047542558?hash=item1c6a99b51e:g:vlYAAOSwux5YNwjj

I don't know, if your patient to wait for shipping from China, they make a pretty cool gift, last a while and if you put 3d lamp into ebay---there are tons of different one's....Punisher; Batman; StarWars; Bony hand giving the finger etc.

Merry Christmas!!! :hi:

https://www.sideshowtoy.com/blog/red-sonja-she-devil-with-a-sword-out-of-the-box/?scid=MORRI00104&utm_source=bronto&utm_medium=email&utm_term=Image+-+Red+Sonja&utm_content=Image+-+Red+Sonja&utm_campaign=TM_300347RedSonja_OutOfTheBox

Don't know if I posted the link correctly , but I did not realise how many pieces these statues took to put together , I always thought they would just be one piece

Oh well I should get my statue Jan 2017 .

Reminds me of the BORG Queen lol

Edited by collector_bill