• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

ANNOUNCEMENT THREAD - post pre-sale announcements
35 35

5,896 posts in this topic

Tuesday the 11/22 I will be having a sale in copper/modern. it will just be Wolverine comics and Superman related comics. Kind of an odd pairing, but there will be some sorta rare-adjacent stuff you probably don't have, and as always, the prices will be decent, so please stop by, probably sometime around the 9pm eastern hour.

If you're a big wolverine or superman fan and especially if you're a completionist, you should check it - newsstands, rare-ish varaints and reprints, etc.

thanks.

Tonight around 8pm EST I will start my EC magazine & comic thread, over 80 in total. I will have at least the first half if not more up tonight, if there are any left I'll post them tomorrow.

Here is a picture preview of the first (40) books to be posted....

17536.jpg 17537.jpg17538.jpg17539.jpg17540.jpg17541.jpg

17584.jpg 17585.jpg 17586.jpg 17588.jpg 17589.jpg

17590.jpg 17591.jpg 17592.jpg 17593.jpg17594.jpg

17595.jpg17596.jpg17597.jpg17598.jpg17599.jpg

17600.jpg17601.jpg17602.jpg17603.jpg17604.jpg

17605.jpg17605.jpg17606.jpg17607.jpg17608.jpg17609.jpg

17610.jpg17611.jpg17612.jpg17613.jpg17614.jpg

17615.jpg17616.jpg17617.jpg17618.jpg17619.jpg

Last year I did a Black Friday sale that was probably my single biggest sales thread to date.

This year, I intend to raise the bar in quantity, quality and just overall product.

So you're not going to see just slabs books (albeit, mostly signature series), but I'll also have some unique T-Shirts, 45 RPM vinyl records (just one kind---signed by Frank Thorne---it's the Ballad of Red Sonja) :thumbsup:

As well as mint in the box action figures, statues, etc. And some raw books.

This thread will go live at midnight tomorrow in honor of Black Friday and will carry through the weekend. Look for it over in the sales threads in " Mixed Age Threads and Misc."

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=postlist&Board=56&PHPSESSID=

Over in the Modern sales threads, I did wrap up a thread started earlier this month, if there's something there you missed, LMK.

Thanks again----see you tomorrow night, Happy Thanksgiving!

Greetings to all fellow boardies :hi:

Starting Wednesday the 7th around 5:00 PST, we will be listing a first round of 100 books for your consideration. Our goal is to get through the 400 books by Friday or Saturday of this week. I expect 3 or maybe 4, nights to complete the listing of all books.

This sale will include many GA, SA and some BA, graded and raw, with many new books, not offered before.

All books are tightly graded with any major defects listed. I will provide additional pix when asked. If you not happy for any reason, I provide a 100%, no BS, refund on raw books. CGC sale are final and no returns.

I will accept Paypal up to $600.00 and prefer MO, or check for orders over that amount, unless you pay the juice your option.

US Buyer will please add $15.00 for FED EX SIGN SIG, no exception.

International orders, will add Exact amount.

I have a Kudos Thread, somewhere, I don't know how to find it. :acclaim:

My references include GATOR, BEDROCK, FILTER and the legendary JIMJUM (worship)

So I welcome PM's, offers if you think my price is crazy, and any other thread messing you come up with,

Thank you

Bunkys

Brian Kenny and Junior

Edited by Bunky Brian

Coming up in a day or 2 or as soon as I can take all the pictures will be a nice collection of DC Crisis events.

1. Crisis on Infinite Earths from the 80's with lots of crossover issues.

2. Then I believe came Infinite Crisis with crossovers in 2005

3. Then we had a year of weekly 52 issues.

4. Then we had a year of Countdown to Final Crisis.

5. And finally, Final Crisis with crossovers and minis.

I am not sure how am going to group these together, but I will figure something out.

Feel free to PM me if you have any questions.

We have another board member, who is ill and needs a heart transplant. He's on a waiting list. I plan on starting a thread tomorrow morning, to help him.

Please keep Robb (Speed Force) in mind tonight and look around to see if you have things you'd like to contribute.

Robb is married and has a small (3 year old son).

The thread will be in G/S/B starting around 10am EST and will run through Monday or Tuesday. Thank you all.

Spiderman sale in copper/modern tomorrow at noon eastern.

Nothing earthshaking, but some a few things you might need if you you're missing some things. Some McFarlane, Vol 2, newsstands, CGC SS, some other good stuff.

I think it is time to thin out the herd some more... it might be time for another "Plastic Crack" sale. Considering how much is in storage and there are still another few 25 gallon buckets laying around... this could be good. Goal will be to sell off enough to free up a bucket.

75AFA5B6-F0B0-4187-8F43-94A6552D9EA2.jpg

It's my secret stash...

Any Crow, Creepy in that stash? hm

Nothing but plastic in those bins. Not a single comic box. Each of those bins are filled to capacity. Everything is carefully catalogued, bagged, ensured to be complete and sorted. There are a lot of GI Joe, Transformers, and Star Wars...

This is just what is over there. I think there are another four to six bins in another storage room in that house.

I am thinking that almost all Lego is staying where it is. I may part with a couple of sets but probably not.

Star Wars, Transformers, and GI Joe are probably about to take a ride.

There are 13 bins in that pic. I truly believe I have another 4-6... For easy Math say I am underestimating and I have a solid 20 bins. 20 x 25gallons = 500 gallons of plastic crack.

Yeah... time to thin some things out.

Edited by Buzzetta