• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Infinite Bronze Horror Thread
16 16

Pick your four favorite Bronze Horror Title:  

12 members have voted

1. 1. Pick your four favorite Bronze Horror Title:

14,908 posts in this topic

I've never read any of Dr Spektor...I'm guessing it's a lot like Dr. Graves? I've definitely grabbed many of the Charlon and Gold Key Ghost titles.

I seem to remember that Dr. Graves was mostly a host character, right?

Dr. Spektor is the main character in this book, sort of like a proto Fox Mulder or Carl Kolchak.

Most of the stories are pretty good. Jesse Santos is a Filipino artist who draws in a style somewhat similar to the other BA artists from the Philippines. And the Gold Key painted covers are usually pretty cool.

Edited by MisterX

I've never read any of Dr Spektor...I'm guessing it's a lot like Dr. Graves? I've definitely grabbed many of the Charlon and Gold Key Ghost titles.

I seem to remember that Dr. Graves was mostly a host character, right?

Dr. Spektor is the main character in this book, sort of like a proto Fox Mulder or Carl Kolchak.

Most of the stories are pretty good. Jesse Santos is a Filipino artist who draws in a style somewhat similar to the other BA artists from the Philippines. And the Gold Key painted covers are usually pretty cool.

Graves actually participated in the stories, not a host. Although later I believe he did become just that.

i have never seen a true NM witching hour #10, what a tough cover.....

So the well has run dry of stored scans...Oh well, it was good while it lasted! 893applaud-thumb.gif

#10 is really tough!!!!

I found one! LCS actually had a copy.

Prolly not as nice, but what the hell...

IMG_25571_zpszgc1o9t0.jpg

So the well has run dry of stored scans...Oh well, it was good while it lasted! 893applaud-thumb.gif

#10 is really tough!!!!

terrific cover

#10 is really tough!!!!

Looks pretty damn nice to me. :golfclap:

I think it is tough to find also. Yours looks really nice. Here is mine. I picked this up many, many years ago, and rarely see one in high grade out in the wild, or in auctions for that matter.

Witching-Hour-10_zpsufgfkwbo.jpg

I think it is tough to find also. Yours looks really nice. Here is mine. I picked this up many, many years ago, and rarely see one in high grade out in the wild, or in auctions for that matter.

Looks WAY better than mine!

Mine may get a 6.0 due to the lower staple pull.

Totally agreed. PITA to find in high grade. I think I only have a 9.4, which is a 9.0 given today's rage to press. :(

Thanks guys. Both are HTF, and, apparently, so are these in this attached scan. I found these hiding deep in the back of the closet. I sold off my BA horror books long ago, but was digging through some boxes in the way back and was surprised to find these. I took a group shot after I found them. They are all really nice, high grade copies!

BRONZE-AGE-HORROR_zps4d1lmdz4.jpg

Thanks guys. Both are HTF, and, apparently, so are these in this attached scan. I found these hiding deep in the back of the closet. I sold off my BA horror books long ago, but was digging through some boxes in the way back and was surprised to find these. I took a group shot after I found them. They are all really nice, high grade copies!

BRONZE-AGE-HORROR_zps4d1lmdz4.jpg

Sweet find Rick! :applause:

Thanks Mike. I think that I bought a couple of these at a Greensboro con we went to many, many yeas ago. I think that I came up with Sal that day.

Would make sense, since Wrightson was there. :headbang: