• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Infinite Marvel Picture Frame books
21 21

4,764 posts in this topic

Paul is on fire in this thread. Now if only he'd do shows again so we could actually hang out in real life.

Jim

He hangs out with me all the time at SDCC. (shrug)

Paul is on fire in this thread. Now if only he'd do shows again so we could actually hang out in real life.

Jim

He hangs out with me all the time at SDCC. (shrug)

Only cuz you bring me Reubens. lol

More like that no one else visits you. You know it's true. :cry:

2sb5oua.jpg

It's interesting how often Stan or whoever had an artist replace the face or head drawn by another artist in this era. Marie Severin replaced Drac's face on this cover.

The Dracula cover isn't too terrible, even though I wish they had left it alone. But here's another one with Romita over Colan. It looks like it's Frankensteined together.

29804572265_1953c5d952_b.jpg

2sb5oua.jpg

It's interesting how often Stan or whoever had an artist replace the face or head drawn by another artist in this era. Marie Severin replaced Drac's face on this cover.

The Dracula cover isn't too terrible, even though I wish they had left it alone. But here's another one with Romita over Colan. It looks like it's Frankensteined together.

29804572265_1953c5d952_b.jpg

Interesting observation, GT.

I see GCD gives the following credits for DD#92...

Pencils: Gene Colan; John Romita (alterations)

Inks: Tom Palmer; John Romita (alterations)

Yet the CGC label simply states "Gene Colan and Tom Palmer cover and art".

I often wonder who's got it right. Seems like a lot of conflicting information out there.

(By the way, great looking DD book. (thumbs u )

CCF12022016_0005_zps2qjuykac.jpg

Dig this cover. Eerie monster work by J Severin. Reminds me of the Night Gallery for some reason. :o

Book is particularly elusive in high-grade. Not too many survived the ravages of time unscathed.

Yours is a looker. Here's the best I have. Plucked from the Suscha News backroom...

WMD-14_sucha-news.jpg

CCF12022016_0005_zps2qjuykac.jpg

Dig this cover. Eerie monster work by J Severin. Reminds me of the Night Gallery for some reason. :o

Book is particularly elusive in high-grade. Not too many survived the ravages of time unscathed.

Yours is a looker. Here's the best I have. Plucked from the Suscha News backroom...

WMD-14_sucha-news.jpg

Now that's white. Wow.

The MOTP is pretty amazing too.

And speaking of monster books...

A recent achievement. Been eyeing this book for months, if not years.

It now joins 11 other MOTP family members from the Rosa collection.

MOTP-20_9-6.jpg

Glad I am not the only one who has struggled finding a nice HG copy of this, I love this cover. :sick:

Great books, Mitch!

And if that's the MOTP #20 that was listed on eBay for a long time, I'm glad you got it. And I hope the seller budged on his price some. Even if he didn't, I'm sure you're happy to have the book.

Yup. Same book. You have a good memory.

It sat on eBay for months – sky high price and all.

Finally took a stab at an offer. Hope to forget the final cost soon. lol

Here's another recent pick-up. Had a heck of a time scanning it. Darn reflections always seem to appear on square bounds I've scanned. (If anyone has a solution I'd appreciate hearing it.)

MOTP-14_9-6.jpg

Great books, Mitch!

And if that's the MOTP #20 that was listed on eBay for a long time, I'm glad you got it. And I hope the seller budged on his price some. Even if he didn't, I'm sure you're happy to have the book.

Yup. Same book. You have a good memory.

It sat on eBay for months – sky high price and all.

Finally took a stab at an offer. Hope to forget the final cost soon. lol

It's not that I have a good memory, I was watching that books on eBay for maybe 2 years. I made what I thought was a very healthy offer through eBay and the seller countered with the tiniest fraction off his list price.

I don't think I'm particularly frugal when I see a PF that's on my want list. My offer was still above what I've paid Metropolis for similar Suscha books. And it's not like Metropolis is shy about their pricing.

But I kept watching the book hoping the guy would lower his price to just a slightly insane amount. Then the listing ended after all that time. At least I know the book is in good hands and keeping company with a lot of other sweet Picture Frames.

Thanks for the note, Barton.

I've lost some spectacular collectibles by pussyfooting around with price. Lots of regret there. On the other hand, some books are just priced unreasonably for the market. There's no justification or legitimacy to the price. This book happened to be one of those cases. So, when the seller adjusted the price recently, I figured I'd better take my shot before losing out again. Seems I got lucky. That helps to ease the pain in the old wallet, that's for sure. :)