• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

"Arrow" TV Show on CW Network
1 1

2,208 posts in this topic

If the Arrow goes out with Season Five, to me it goes out on a high note. This season has been so much better than the last episode. At least with the impacts of Flashpoint, this has been a plus. And the mid-season finale ended with one heck of a surprise.

Artemis changing sides for revenge seemed more a confirmation than a surprise. There was something about her that always felt different than the rest of the team.

The January return can't come soon enough.

:ohnoez:

I go tot say that has been one of the best mid-season finales for the show since season 2. best part we still don't know who is Prometheus is, which I think it's the reporter.
Come on, it's obviously Josh Segarra/Adrian Chase. :eyeroll:

Oliver's dad?

I go tot say that has been one of the best mid-season finales for the show since season 2. best part we still don't know who is Prometheus is, which I think it's the reporter.

They gave us like an extra 1/2 beat on the off brand Russian vodka bottle she poured Ollie's drink from in the 2nd to last scene. I think if they had lingered on it for a FULL beat I'd have been sure it was a red herring, but because it was so quick, perhaps it was meant to be a clue for only those who happened to pick up on it. Because there's been nothing else pointing towards her involvement.

The DA, we assume, is Vigilante, so if it's going to someone known... the reporter makes some sense.

What/Why/How happend with Diggle?

What to make of the final scene revelation? Those? I have NO idea.

But agreed that it was an excellent mid-season finale!

They gave us like an extra 1/2 beat on the off brand Russian vodka bottle she poured Ollie's drink from in the 2nd to last scene. I think if they had lingered on it for a FULL beat I'd have been sure it was a red herring, but because it was so quick, perhaps it was meant to be a clue for only those who happened to pick up on it. Because there's been nothing else pointing towards her involvement.

The DA, we assume, is Vigilante, so if it's going to someone known... the reporter makes some sense.

What/Why/How happend with Diggle?

What to make of the final scene revelation? Those? I have NO idea.

But agreed that it was an excellent mid-season finale!

One of Vigilante's Alter Ego's is Adrian Chase, so it's definitely him, but I suspect that he's also Prometheus. I could see the reporter being the daughter of another season 1 Arrow victim & having teamed up like Deathstroke did with Isabel Rochev in season 2.

Stephen Amell Uses Batman Begins To Explain An Arrow Season 5 Plot Point

The CW's Arrow showrunner Wendy Mericle recently talked about the direction of the Susan Williams plot thread on Arrow, saying that the reporter hasn't let up on trying to prove that Oliver Queen was living and operating out of Russia during the five years he was supposedly stranded on a deserted island.

In trying to explain the story, series star Stephen Amell turned to a familiar superhero staple for audiences: Batman Begins.

"Susan appears to be up to no good, but in reality, she's just following a very interesting story," Amell told reporters during a set visit back in November. "I mean, the mayor of the town where she's a reporter was clearly not on an island for five consecutive years -- which, by the way, I think it's about time we did that. I always think back to the first Nolan Batman, where Ra's al Ghul says to him 'The world is too small a place for someone like Bruce Wayne to disappear.' Even if [Oliver] wasn't as famous -- and he wasn't -- he did perish in a very famous incident in our story. I always thought when he was in Hong Kong that someone would stop him and be like, 'Hey, you look like Oliver Queen!' but it didn't happen."

Arrow has never shied away from its ties to Christopher Nolan's grounded, morally-murky Batman opus Dark Knight Trilogy, with producers acknowledging the impact of the atmospheric, sociopolitical take on Batman had on them when they were crafting Star City for TV.

Stephen Amell Thanks Fans For Arrow's Season 6 Renewal

arrow-season6-223723.png

On Sunday, during the Television Critics Association’s press tour, The CW president Mark Pedowitz officially announced that the network gave early renewals to seven of its returning series: Supernatural, Crazy Ex-Girlfriend, Jane the Virgin, The Flash, Supergirl, DC’s Legends of Tomorrow, and Arrow.

"We are so lucky. Six seasons... Six!!" Amell exclaimed on Facebook. "I'd like to thank WB, the CW, our unmatched Crew, the cast, the producers and most of all, the fans. We are still here because of you. We have a chance to get to 200 episodes, because of you. I have the job of my dreams, because of you. Thank you. A thousand times... thank you."

:applause:

I'm really enjoying Season Five so far.

Wild Dog's Past Is Revealed In Arrow: Spectre of the Gun Synopsis

invasion-wild-dog-213457.png

In an episode that sounds like it will mirror the comics fairly closely, Wild Dog's past will be revealed in "Spectre of the Gun," the February 15 episode of Arrow.

---------------------

A traumatic attack on City Hall triggers painful memories for Rene (Rick Gonzalez) about his family. Flashbacks reveal how Rene went from simple family man to a hero named Wild Dog.

Meanwhile, Oliver (Stephen Amell) must deal with the perpetrator behind the attack and realizes the best way to do so is as Mayor Queen instead of the Green Arrow. Tensions run high in the Arrow bunker.

---------------------

I've actually been looking forward to this character's origin. Each episode seems to make him better.