• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

DR DOOM IS GREAT. Please share your Doom OA, Favorite Doom Stories

123 posts in this topic

First posted in OA Market place. Experienced users suggested this post belongs here.

I love DR Doom! What excites me about Doom in the OA world is how passionate collectors are about the character, the great artists, etc. Would you please share your love of Doom here. If you want to share your Doom art or favorite stories that would be great!

Doom is complex. Leader of Latveria! Ruler of the world! Obsessed with Reed Richards! His scarred face:-) ?? Slapping around servants! SILENCE DOLT!

Also a sobering and serious Doom (Triumph and Torment) (Emperor Doom)

Love to see what you all come up with.

Edited by grapeape

Wow! What a great gallery of DOOM art. Check it out everybody. Many great pieces!! Loved The Frenz Sinnott splash and the Romita Jr. splash, Thank you for sharing your gallery here with us.

Yes! Romita JR and Layton. Great 2 part story. That close up of Doom's face is classic and you have IRONMAN doing his thing. Thank you for posting this artwork. The detail and style is so wonderful.

Doom was always my favourite villain for the FF.

Currently in the process of having Bruce McKorkindale recreate three classic Jack Kirby FF covers featuring the villain we all love to hate. Here's the second of three:

ff.jpg

See 'Covers Gallery # 3' in my CAF for another Doom cover recreation (link to my CAF at the bottom of this post).

I have quite a few Dr. Doom pieces of OA... but this is one of them that isn't on my CAF.

Iron Man #150 is my favorite comic of all time and the one I'm the most emotionally attached to. Problem was getting a page from that issue was almost impossible.

In the past 10 years I've seen 4 of them come up for auction, 2 of them I didn't like as there was no Doom in it, another one was from a famous fan's estate that was sold on eBay about 5-6 years ago and where I didn't (stupidly) allow myself to double my budget to buy it.

The 4th one is the one above in this thread which was offered to me but which I passed on, after much deliberation.

But finally after almost 10 years of searching I was able to find and purchase the following page...I've never posted it before, so enjoy (thumbs u

Ironman150p28_zpsjrzsk4cp.jpg

I have quite a few Dr. Doom pieces of OA... but this is one of them that isn't on my CAF.

Iron Man #150 is my favorite comic of all time and the one I'm the most emotionally attached to. Problem was getting a page from that issue was almost impossible.

In the past 10 years I've seen 4 of them come up for auction, 2 of them I didn't like as there was no Doom in it, another one was from a famous fan's estate that was sold on eBay about 5-6 years ago and where I didn't (stupidly) allow myself to double my budget to buy it.

The 4th one is the one above in this thread which was offered to me but which I passed on, after much deliberation.

But finally after almost 10 years of searching I was able to find and purchase the following page...I've never posted it before, so enjoy (thumbs u

:o(worship)

I posted this in the the original thread, before I realized it had been relocated.

Doom, in my opinion is the single greatest Marvel villain. Much of that I feel (at least for me) was due to Byrne's FF run and really turning him into a nuanced character similar to what Claremont did for Magneto.

I'm actually looking to get a Doom commission at some point soon, sitting in his throne with some Kirby Krackle. I want something that really hammers home the nobility aspect, just having some trouble finding the right artist. I may save my pennies until NYCC roles around and see if I can get an Esad Ribic or Alex Maleev Doom.

There's a ton of great Doom stories but one of my favorite moments is during FF #236 where the team is trapped in that fake tiny town where life is "perfect" for them. The whole story has a very Twilight Zone feel, but Sue is drawn to this beautiful piano playing and when she enters the room and see that it's Doom making the music she is horrified.

I've seen this page before on CAF along with another page where Doom electrifies a knight and that is also gone?. Chrome was this sold on C-Link or offerred privately? Lovely page.

What a great honor that you would share this for the first time here. This page sticks out in my mind more than most from having red 149-150 over and over again. Such a key scene from an incredible story. Congratulations on getting this one. I do know how hard they are to get, You have a wonderful piece of art and story there.

Kind of reminiscent of Phantom of the Opera. Doom is a complex and dynamic character. Though clearly Marvels greatest Super Villain I sometimes have trouble calling him villain as you would most comic "bad guys." Emperor Doom and Triumph and torment come to mind.

I hope you can get an FF 236 page. Byrne indeed advanced the complexity of Doom's character during his shining run on FF.