• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Official Tick Appreciation Thread
7 7

2,264 posts in this topic

1999 THE TICK BIG YULE LOG SPECIAL

212fmdw.jpg

Rest Ye Merry, Gentile Tick, released by New England Comics. In this story the Tick and Arthur celebrate Christmas at the Comet Club. While Barry plans to ring in the New Year ùON THE TICK'S BLUE HEAD! Concept by Ben Edlund, Writer Marc Silvia, Penciller Gabe Crate, Inker Tak Toyoshima, Publisher George Suarez, Art Director Bob Polio, and Systems Dave Snyder. The 2nd of The Tick's Big Yule Log Specials, release in 1998. In this Christmas Saga The Tick and Arthur get invited to a holiday party at the Comet Club. Lots of heroes will be there. Villains, too, as the bad guys set old gripes aside in the interest of spreading some holiday "cheer" (and checking out which heroes aren't on duty - or become incapacitated by the end of the night!) Barry Hubris, the lunatic formerly known as The Tick" decides this is the ideal forum for regaining his Tick title. Will Barry wreck the halls with mayhem? Whaddyyouthink? This might be a Tick Holiday Special but don't forget it's a Tick Holiday Special, we never let sentiment get in the way of silliness, fisticuffs and a good action story."

The Tick No. 1 Big Yule Log Special Cover By Eli Stone Back 1997 (Back cover is printed upside down)

2il1mid.jpg

The Tick's first-ever Christmas comic ! This blockbuster 40-page holiday 'special' features two different covers both by Eli Stone. (Inside contents are the same.) The lead story matches The Tick and Arthur against a wayward elf who has a grudge against Santa! The friends blunder onto the elf's plot when they get drafted to play Santa at a shopping mall! Can The Tick save Christmas for the 'good kids' of The City?! Concept: Ben Edlund; Writer Sean Wang; Penciller Sean Wang; Inker Jeff Whiting; Backup story: Eli Stone eli5stone.wix.com/5stone#!portfolio/c1han; NECP Staff: Publisher: George Suarez; NECP Art Director: Bob Polio; NECP Systems: Dave Snyder

The Tick No. 1 Big Yule Log Special Cover By Eli Stone Front 1997

2dlrvpu.jpg

The Tick's first-ever Christmas comic ! This blockbuster 40-page holiday 'special' features two different covers both by Eli Stone. (Inside contents are the same.) The lead story matches The Tick and Arthur against a wayward elf who has a grudge against Santa! The friends blunder onto the elf's plot when they get drafted to play Santa at a shopping mall! Can The Tick save Christmas for the 'good kids' of The City?! Concept: Ben Edlund; Writer Sean Wang; Penciller Sean Wang; Inker Jeff Whiting; Backup story: Eli Stone eli5stone.wix.com/5stone#!portfolio/c1han; NECP Staff: Publisher: George Suarez; NECP Art Director: Bob Polio; NECP Systems: Dave Snyder

Oh wow, I just realized this...

The Tick SDCC 2015 Sketch Cover Exclusive Cover by Chad Scheres

2yuhjdl.jpg

The Tick: 2015 San Diego Comic-Con Exclusive Comic Book (Sketch cover)

The Tick SDCC 2015 Exclusive (Sketch cover) comic is 16 pages with all original material and is in FULL COLOR. Includes a 13-page story & sketches (one by Ben Edlund). This book is LIMITED and is serial numbered. Available only at the NEC Tick booth.

Chad Scheres is the acclaimed artist featured in How to Draw Monsters. See www.flickr.com/photos/vsndesigns/24036515401/in/dateposted/

THE TICK 'S BIG YULE LOG SPECIAL LIMITED EDITION 2000 NOVEMBER 1999

2nqdssi.jpg

THE TICK 'S BIG YULE LOG SPECIAL LIMITED EDITION 2000 NOVEMBER 1999 WITH ATTACHED AUTOGRAPHED HAPPY HOLIDAYS FROM YOUR FRIENDS AT NEC CHRISTMAS CARD. AUTOGRAPHED BY TAK TOYOSHIMA, GABE CRATE, GEORGE SUAREZ, BOB POLIO, DAVID SNYDER, CLAY GRIFFITH AND SUSAN GRIFFITH. THE CARD INSIDE READS, "IT CAME FROM OUTER SPACE TO RUIN YET ANOTHER CHRISTMAS!" "HAPPY HOLIDAYS EARTH SCUM! I MUST DEVOUR YOU!" Published 1999 by NEC

Limited Signed Edition. The Tick and Arthur have a house guest for the Christmas season! The problem is it's Tuun-La, Not Of This World! Arthur is worried that Tuun-La doesn't really share the Christmas spirit ? after all, his goal is to destroy all of mankind! But The Tick is sure he can teach the loathsome space alien the true meaning of the holiday. Also available in a Limited Edition Deluxe Format Cover, featuring never-before-published Ben Edlund artwork on heavy cover stock."

GABE CRATE AUTOGRAPHED CARD SKETCH ORIGINAL ARTWORK

200z4uu.jpg

Gabe Crate is a professional cartoonist, writer, director, and storyboard artist currently living and working in Santa Monica, California. He is most known for his work on the print comic version of The Tick during the late 1990s and for his participation in several Boston-based punk rock bands during the same period, most notably, A Global Threat. After parting ways with both The Tick and A Global Threat in 2001 and relocating to the west coast, Gabe pursued a career as an independent cartoonist and musician. In late 2004, Gabe established the independent comic publishing press Flophouse Comics, which saw its first releases in Spring, 2005. He established Flophouse Productions LLC in 2015 and is currently touring the film festival circuit with his award winning short film and directorial debut, "Move Me." Gabe Crate

Also known asGabe Asturd Born September 1977 Origin Bangor, Maine, United States Genres Punk Associated acts A Global Threat Website www.gabecrate.com/ Thanks goes out to pop_culture_archaelogy for this exquisite find! Signed Tick Sketch by Gabe Crate. It is from comic con and is marker on a cut piece of poster board. It is about 7" x 5".

Actually this was just the back of Tick: Luny Bin #2 - To the Rescue! or Friday Ad Nauseum! released by New England Comics on October 1, 1998. But it announces the first Tick's Big Yule Log Christmas Special for 1999!

2igdb2b.jpg

The Tick: Luny Bin #2: To The Rescue! (or "Friday Ad Nauseum")

This was the second of the Luny Bin series if you don't count the preview. It is larger than most comics at 40 pages The ultimate Tick saga with answers to many long-running questions about "the man(?)" known as The Tick! NECP Staff: Bob Polio; NECP Staff: George Suarez; Backup Story: Tak Toyoshima; Backup Story: Gabe Crate; Backup Story: Marc Silva; Concept: Ben Edlund; Creator: Eli Stone eli5stone.wix.com/5stone#!portfolio/c1han; NECP Staff: Dave Snyder

A VERY MERRY CHRISTMAS 2015 ARTWORK FROM THE TICK BY MY WIFE

2znsaqu.jpg

The Tick Custom Artwork Merry Christmas from my Wife Rhonda Noda. The piece is 12" x 12" Square on multiple sheets of artboard. I think she used multimedia which included acrylics and ink. I am the luckiest man alive for I have a wife that loves me and I am deeply and madly in love with her. I have this one piece standing tall before one enters The Tick Museum! Spooooonnn! She framed them for me and it's looking pretty darn cool!

200z4uu.jpg

Gabe Crate is a professional cartoonist, writer, director, and storyboard artist currently living and working in Santa Monica, California. He is most known for his work on the print comic version of The Tick during the late 1990s and for his participation in several Boston-based punk rock bands during the same period, most notably, A Global Threat. After parting ways with both The Tick and A Global Threat in 2001 and relocating to the west coast, Gabe pursued a career as an independent cartoonist and musician. In late 2004, Gabe established the independent comic publishing press Flophouse Comics, which saw its first releases in Spring, 2005. He established Flophouse Productions LLC in 2015 and is currently touring the film festival circuit with his award winning short film and directorial debut, "Move Me." Gabe Crate

Also known asGabe Asturd Born September 1977 Origin Bangor, Maine, United States Genres Punk Associated acts A Global Threat Website www.gabecrate.com/ Thanks goes out to pop_culture_archaelogy for this exquisite find! Signed Tick Sketch by Gabe Crate. It is from comic con and is marker on a cut piece of poster board. It is about 7" x 5".

That is so cool!

:applause:

200z4uu.jpg

That is so cool!

:applause:

Yeah it is! Gabe sort of lives near me but I don't know his contact info. I was thinking about having him do a small commission for me.

1998 THE TICK "XMAS-TICK" WRIST WATCH (FRONT)

141xt4.jpg

Inscription on the back says Certifiably Wicked Keen! This time sure does fly!! Certificate of Authenticity says This certificate guarantees that this "Xmas-Tick" Wrist Watch is an official issue of New England Comics Press. Signed by Bob Polio. Authorized signature of the MOAV Quahog General. TM and 1998 Fox Children's Network, Inc. "Tick" Characters TM and 1998 Ben Edlund. All Rights Reserved.

1998 THE TICK "XMAS-TICK" WRIST WATCH (BACK)

358w779.jpg

Inscription on the back says Certifiably Wicked Keen! This time sure does fly!! Certificate of Authenticity says This certificate guarantees that this "Xmas-Tick" Wrist Watch is an official issue of New England Comics Press. Signed by Bob Polio. Authorized signature of the MOAV Quahog General. TM and 1998 Fox Children's Network, Inc. "Tick" Characters TM and 1998 Ben Edlund. All Rights Reserved.

...but before I head out to work in this freezing 63 degree weather we're experiencing in Camarillo, California...here's a Red N Green Tick Christmas

Tick: Big Red-N-Green Christmas Spectacle » Tick: Big Red-N-Green Christmas Spectacle #1 - Rootin' Tootin' Christmas! released by New England Comics on December 1, 2001.

1hqbrp.jpg

It's the Christmas season in The City, The Tick's very favorite time of year! But a villainous six-shooting scoundrel by the name of Crime Cowpoke is hijacking every toy in The City. Can The Tick and Arthur save the city's children from socks and underwear as Christmas gifts this year!? Introducing: Cowboy Hero, the rootin'-tootin-est cowboy star ever to appear on stage and screen! Find out only in The Tick's Big Red-n-Green Christmas Spectacle #1!

Creators

Clay Griffith

writer

Dave Garcia

inker, penciler

Sean Wang

cover

Susan Griffith

writer

Characters

Arthur

The Tick

Teams

1996 THE TICK HAPPY HOLIDAYS VINYL STUFF TOY MADE BY GOOD STUFF CORPORATION

2w4l2x4.jpg

1996 THE TICK HAPPY HOLIDAYS MADE BY GOOD STUFF CORPORATION. INSCRIBED ON TAG: ALL NEW MATERIAL, POLYESTER FIBER, LICENSE PA # 4829 (RC) PA-6188 (HK) MASS # 10-0982, OHIO No. 4204 (RC), MAINE # 7628, GOOD STUFF CORP., L.I.C. N.Y. 11101, MADE IN CHINA (Y) TM & @ 1996 FOX CHILDREN'S NETWORK, INC. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. "TICK" CHARACTER TM & @ 1996 BEN EDLUND. HAS A SUCTION CUP ATTACHED AND IS SIMILAR TO THE FLIP FLOPS BECAUSE YOU CAN HANG THEM FROM YOUR REAR-VIEW MIRROR OR REFRIGERATOR OR WHEREVER YOU ARE! THESE CAME OUT IN VERY LIMITED SUPPLIES AND IS ABOUT 10" TALL. THE SOCK REALLY CAN HOLD STUFF!

MY FAVORTIE WAY TO STORE MY TICK COMICS SO FAR

2k0tir.jpg

I bought these from Amazon and they hold about 11 comic books each with bag and board, comfortably. This allows me to pull them out without too much fuss. The cover holds down in place with some velcro and the pics are just scans of my 1st issue of The Tick cut to size. What do you think of my solution so far? I only wish they had something to accommodate CGC Graded sized binders. Oh well.

THE TICK BIG YULE LOG SPECIAL 2000 NOVEMBER 1999

2v9f68l.jpg

THE TICK BIG YULE LOG SPECIAL 2000 NOVEMBER 1999

IT CAME FROM OUTER SPACE TO RUIN YET ANOTHER CHRISTMAS

The Tick and Arthur have a house guest for the Christmas season! The problem is it's Tuun-La, Not Of This World! Arthur is worried that Tuun-La doesn't really share the Christmas spirit ? after all, his goal is to destroy all of mankind! But The Tick is sure he can teach the loathsome space alien the true meaning of the holiday. Also available in a Limited Edition Deluxe Format Cover, featuring never-before-published Ben Edlund artwork on heavy cover stock." Cover price $3.50.

THE TICK LOCAL COMIC SHOP DAY NUMBER 1 2016 AUTOGRAPHED by both BRENDAN LEE (Writer) AND ALEX HARRIS (Art)! Oh yeah!

dq3atv.jpg

THE TICK LOCAL COMIC SHOP DAY NUMBER 1 AUTOGRAPHED BY BRENDAN LEE (WRITER) AND ALEX HARRIS (ART) FOR THE STORY, "FEELS LIKE THE FIRST LYME" 2016 LOCAL COMIC SHOP DAY CELEBRATES THE TICK WITH ALL NEW STORIES AND IN COLOR! COVER BOASTS A SELFIE WITH THE TICK AND ARTHUR...AND NINJAS! VERY SECRET IDENTITY WRITTEN BY JEFF MCCLELLAND AND ART BY DUANE REDHEAD PAGES 1-3 INKS BY JEFF MCCOMSEY. FEELS LIKE THE FIRST LYME WRITTEN BY BRENDAN LEE AND ART BY ALEX HARRIS. THE TICK: LOCAL COMIC SHOP DAY 2016 $4.99 UPC 6894660679960001 PUBLISHED BY NEW ENGLAND COMICS PRESS (NECP), A DIVISION OF NEW ENGLAND COMICS, INC. CONCEPT BY BEN EDLUND, PUBLISHER/EDITOR BY GEORGE SUAREZ, ART DIRECTOR BY BOB POLIO, AND ASST. EDITOR: RALPH BLASER. #LCSD

Edited by vsndesigns

THE TICK THE PSEUDO EDITION NUMBER 13 2000

1z6tj13.jpg

THE TICK THE PSEUDO EDITION NUMBER 13 2000

Tick: The Pseudo Edition » Tick: The Pseudo Edition Number 13 released by New England Comics on November 2000.

Tick fans have waited for more than seven years for Ben Edlund to produce The Tick Number 13. Ben has promised this will be a blockbuster epic... when it does happen. (Not soon, as Ben is embroiled in the new live-action Tick TV series on Fox!) In the meantime, The Pseudo-Tick Number 13 provides one possible direction the story might take... at least according to The Tick staff of experts' best guess! At the end of The Tick Number 12, The Tick and Arthur were about to be attacked by The Terror and his Evileers, with the insane Billy Hubris rushing to the scene to enjoy the mayhem. See how it might actually happen... whenever Ben gets around to doing the real 13th issue! Presented in the original, "golden age"-size format!

CHARACTERS

Arthur

Mr. Tragedy

Multiple Santa

The Fuzzy Person

The Terror

The Tick

Tuun-La

#thetick #thetick13 #thetickthepseudoedition