• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Aquaman Movie - July 27, 2018
3 3

1,035 posts in this topic

James Wan Scouts Seaside Locations For Aquaman

James Wan is excited to get to work on Aquaman -- and he's apparently pretty pleased with how scouting locations for the film is progressing.

Sharing a photo of a boat docked outside of a small town, Wan posted the following image to Instagram, saying, "If casting is half of your directing, then location is half your photography."

rw53woU.png

"I kind of don't want to give too much away but know this: The spirit that I'm going for is like a classic sort of swashbuckling action adventure, sort of high seas adventure story," Wan said recently. "It's ultimately a quest story in the spirit of Raiders of the Lost Ark meets Romancing the Stone."

I see this as a good thing. They can take their sweet time perfecting the CGI for this film. Especially all the underwater scenes Wan has talked of.

:whee:

October 2018...

95d6cf15-6be8-4f43-8d1a-45b285802b1e_0b4aca85-5035-4357-972d-8e2b9b749be4.jpg

lol

Cameron did it best!

I hope they are going to make this Aquaman movie serious and not a comedy.

After-all this is a character who had his son die and had his hand cut off.

I don't see Jason Mamoa as comedic. The entire character design is screaming dark and brooding.

BvS was comedic, albeit unintentionally

You still haven't watched it...? ;)

BvS was comedic, albeit unintentionally

You still haven't watched it...? ;)

lol

Supposedly this was done to make way for Affleck's Batman movie in 2018.

• Wonder Woman – June 2, 2017
  • Justice League – November 17, 2017
  • The Flash – March 16, 2018
  • Untitled Movie – July 27, 2018 (The Batman?)
  • Aquaman – October 5, 2018
  • Shazam – April 5, 2019
  • Justice League 2 – June 14, 2019
  • Untitled Movie – November 1, 2019 (Birds of Prey?)
  • Cyborg – April 3, 2020
  • Green Lantern – June 19, 2020

With the situation of changing directors on The Flash, I wouldn't be surprised if it was bumped to July 2018 and Batman takes the March 2018 place.

Supposedly this was done to make way for Affleck's Batman movie in 2018.

• Wonder Woman – June 2, 2017
  • Justice League – November 17, 2017
  • The Flash – March 16, 2018
  • Untitled Movie – July 27, 2018 (The Batman?)
  • Aquaman – October 5, 2018
  • Shazam – April 5, 2019
  • Justice League 2 – June 14, 2019
  • Untitled Movie – November 1, 2019 (Birds of Prey?)
  • Cyborg – April 3, 2020
  • Green Lantern – June 19, 2020

With the situation of changing directors on The Flash, I wouldn't be surprised if it was bumped to July 2018 and Batman takes the March 2018 place.

I honestly think that Justice League is being offered too soon... By the time of JL1 we have only seen:

Superman: MOS

Superman v Batman

Suicide Squad

Wonder Woman

In fact from what it looks like, since Wonder Woman is almost a flashback or period piece and Suicide Squad is slightly removed from the DCU main storyline, we have only seen two in universe movies before the big team up. If I am unfamiliar with these characters, why should I get excited for their cinematic teamup? Aquaman has the ability to be awesome and for Mamoa to bring a new sense of respect to what has commonly been referred to as a joke in DC comics. I would have bumped Aquaman and either GL or Flash up before the big assembly of characters in Justice League.

Patrick Wilson to play Ocean Master in ‘Aquaman’

:o

patrick-wilson-orm-aquaman-villain-2-shot.jpg

EXCLUSIVE: Patrick Wilson has been set by Warner Bros and director James Wan to co-star in Aquaman. Jason Momoa plays the title character, and Wilson will play the fish whisperer’s supervillain half brother ORM, also known as Ocean Master, in the DC film that Warner Bros will release October 5, 2018.

The character has some of the sibling-rivalry elements found in Loki. That is Thor’s half brother, who has figured as the heavy in numerous Marvel films, in the form of Tom Hiddleston. ORM is at least as disagreeable and more powerful: In the comics, Aquaman’s human half brother is a rival for the throne of Atlantis and wreaks havoc on the high seas and beneath them when he doesn’t get his way. Amber Heard is playing Mera, Queen of Atlantis.

Not only did he play William Travis in THE ALAMO and Nite Owl II in WATCHMEN, but also Officer Solverson in FX's FARGO and one of the leads in BONE TOMAHAWK.

:whee:

Aquaman's Patrick Wilson Discusses Ocean Master Casting

patrick-wilson-aquaman-orm-218765.jpg

Today, Wilson sat down to talk with WBT Radio about his thriller The Hollow Point and briefly discussed his recent casting. It was there that Wilson said Aquaman’s blockbuster-scale and familiar director persuaded him to sign on.

“I'm completely biased with James Wan, who I've done four films with -- knowing that he's at the helm and knowing what he ... can do and what he will do, I'll do anything with him,” he said.

The actor said the project would be interesting to shoot because of how it will use technology. "What's gonna be interesting is there hasn't been the technology to back up the storytelling, I guess, for Aquaman, until now.”

Wilson also said that Aquaman baited him with its relative anonymity. Unlike other franchises, Aquaman has not had various live-action series and reboots over the years, and Wan’s fresh take on the story reeled Wilson in.

"I think the lure of Aquaman [is] because he hasn't been overexposed on screen. And I don't know Jason -- I can't wait to meet him. I was a huge fan even from the first episode of Game of Thrones, so I'm in -- I'm in with him, and he's gonna be fantastic."

Aquaman Stunt Crew Prepares For Filming

With James Wan looking to start filming on Aquaman soon, pre-production is underway in Australia.

Now video has surfaced featuring the Aquaman stunt crew performing rehearsals.

Australia's 9 News posted video of the stuntman in action.

“General stunt skills, fighting,” stunt coordinator Keir Beck said about Aquaman. “If there is water sequences, obviously being capable and competent in water.”

Beck and his team also worked on George Miller's Mad Max: Fury Road, and Marvel's Thor: Ragnarok is filming in Australia.

"It does raise your profile around the world to show that Australian crew, Australian cast and Australian production teams can pull off an epic feature film," Beck said.

Aquaman Director Welcomes The Rock To The DC 'Club'

98MUKGY.png

Last week, Johnson and his producers met with DC executives about the Shazam movie he's slated to star in, as well as the entire DC universe going forward. Everyone involved with the meetings - including The Rock himself - took to Twitter to share their excitement about the future.

It looks like the execs weren't the only ones who are glad to have Johnson on board. Aquaman director James Wan has now officially welcomed The Rock into the DC Family, and the two exchanged some kind words on social media.

Looks more like Finding Bigfoot than the King of Atlantis....

I don't get Warner Brothers sometimes.

(shrug) Frontier has nothing to do with Aquaman other than the actor. Mamoa is awesome in it.