• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Wonder Woman official movie thread (6/23/17)
6 6

1,526 posts in this topic

Gal Gadot Reveals First Costume Tryout Experience, Meeting Lynda Carter, Surprise During JL Filming

So, what was it like putting on the Wonder Woman costume the first time? “Tight. Very, very, very, very tight,” the 31-year-old Israeli actress admitted. “The very-very first time I tried the costume on was three days after I got cast. And they flew me to Michigan, and I got into this huge hangar. Huge, with tons of white walls covered with posters of me as Wonder Woman. I got into the room and I couldn't stop looking at the posters. And then, when they wanted me to try on the costume—because I was so excited that they cast me for the role—I couldn't say anthing; I couldn't breathe, but I was like, 'That's okay. That's fine.' It was really-really tight, and we adjusted it. And I love the costume. I think, it complements Wonder Woman very much so, as being the greatest warrior out there. And now it's much more comfortable.”

As for Carter, who starred as the Amazon Princess on the small screen, Gadot gushed about meeting her at the United Nations — while taking part in a ceremony celebrating Wonder Woman becoming the UN Honorary Ambassador for the Empowerment of Women and Girls. “I saw Lynda, so I couldn’t keep my coolness…I was like, ‘Lynda, oh my God, I’m so happy to see you, to meet you, finally’,” she shared (transcribed by GMP). “My English got completely broken for a second there…I’m not surprised, you know, it’s very clear to me why she was the very first Wonder Woman to be cast, because she is such an inspiring, beautiful, happy, funny, strong confident woman who immediately makes you, you know she makes you feel comfortable around her, and she’s eye level, she’s great.”

The day after Gadot took part in the Wonder Woman wrap party, she went straight to Justice League set. Weeks into production, Gadot got pregnant and, soon after, began experiencing nausea and “heavy migraines from the green-screens.” She kept her pregnancy underwraps for as long as possible, but Jason Momoa eventually figured it out.

I have no idea who that is lol

Which one?

There is the actress from 'Stranger Things' (Millie Bobby Brown), and Ray Fisher who plays Cyborg.

(shrug)

Millie Bobby Brown.

Married to Johnny Whitney Houston.

Which one?

There is the actress from 'Stranger Things' (Millie Bobby Brown), and Ray Fisher who plays Cyborg.

(shrug)

Millie Bobby Brown.

1st time I saw Millie was on Intruders in 2014 & I thought she played her role very well.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt3552166/?ref_=nm_flmg_act_5

Which one?

(shrug)

Millie Bobby Brown.

1st time I saw Millie was on Intruders in 2014 & I thought she played her role very well.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt3552166/?ref_=nm_flmg_act_5

I've not seen it but it looks intriguing. I might check it out. Thanks!

A fan custom-built a Wonder Woman Lego set including Queen Hippolyta and Ares. Some happened across this and now think it is an official kit based on the movie.

xmq7LrS.png

Tim Lydy

This creation started as a general thought of adapting the Justice League Animated episode “Paradise Lost” wherein Wonder Woman must save her mother from Hades; and eventually that moved into building an Ares creation—since Ares is typically a more central villain for Wonder Woman. Plus I love making lush creations that are not entirely drenched in shades in bley.

Ares is based off his Justice League Unlimited and that god awful Wonder Woman Animated movie (Ok the whole thing wasn’t terrible, but that’s beside the point) appearance. Unfortunately this meant losing the comic cobalt blue, but frankly that’s impossible to make if you want a purist version anyways. Ares utilizes the new helmet from the Hobbit line worn by Dain Ironfoot.

It's actually a really nice kit.

New look at Gal Gadot in ‘Wonder Woman’ from Comic-Con in Brazil

XMmOjZb.jpg

Comic Con Experience 2016 (CCXP) is going on in Brazil this weekend, and Warner Bros. has some cool booths and displays for fans set up.

One of them allows you to grab a headband and shield and pose next to Gal Gadot as Wonder Woman, and it’s actually a new promotional photo from the upcoming Wonder Woman movie.

Take a look at Gal Gadot striking her favorite Wonder Woman pose in the photo below, courtesy of Warner Bros. Brazil on Twitter.

Wonder Women Director Pens Touching Article About The Film For Fans

wonderwoman-tbt-196518.png

Patty Jenkins has taken the time to personally write a touching message to fans about Diana Prince, a heroine who Jenkins says doesn’t “have to be lesser in any way.”

Jenkins wrote, “I’ve always been moved by the idea of movies that are personal but still have a huge reach. Superman had that effect on me when I was a kid — it rocked my world. That kind of movie was always the brass ring of what I wanted to do with my career.

She went on to then discuss her inspiration for Wonder Woman, explaining that the film draws from the original comic by William Moulton Marston. “The goal was to tap into what always spoke to me about her — to honor who she was, her legacy, and to make her as universal as she was to all of us little girls who ran around pretending to be Lynda Carter when we were kids. Wonder Woman is the grand universal female hero who didn’t have to be lesser in any way,” she stressed.

“She wasn’t less powerful, she wasn’t less of a woman. She’s as beautiful as any woman and as strong as any man. That, to me, is so enduring. There have been so few female characters like that — who weren’t small, niche characters or sidekicks. She’s a full-blown superhero who lives up to all of your dreams in every way.”

For Jenkins, Wonder Woman could not be coming to theaters at a better time. In a world filled with political turmoil and gender inequality, Jenkins says it has been “incredible to make something about a superhero that stands for a message of fighting for a loving, thoughtful government…It’s been a special process to make something with the beautiful message that it’s difficult to be a hero and stay kind and thoughtful in everything that you do. There’s going to be a lot of conversation about her being a woman in these times, but I think the greatest part about the character is that she’s so much bigger than all of that.”

Time Magazine - The Year Ahead: Wonder Woman Breaks Through

De8RHOb.jpg

She's been a suffragist, a soldier and a sex symbol. But it took 75 years to bring the world's most famous female superhero to the big screen. Why we need Wonder Woman now.

Wonder Woman has seen it all before. Since her inception, the world’s most recognizable female superhero has been a source of controversy, her values and significance changing with the times. She has been a suffragist, a sex symbol, a soldier—and President of the United States. Along the way, Wonder Woman changed costumes dozens of times, her hemline migrating up, down and back up again.

But the woman who now plays her hasn’t gotten used to the vitriol. “There are so many horrible things that are going on in the world, and this is what you’re protesting, seriously?” Gadot asks, reflecting on the U.N. blowback. Warner Bros. cast perhaps the only actor in the world who, like Wonder Woman, is both a model and a soldier: Gadot won the title of Miss Israel in 2004 and served in the Israel Defense Forces. But that doesn’t mean the 31-year-old hasn’t been baffled by persistent debates about Wonder Woman’s looks—and the sexual and anti-Semitic harassment Gadot has received online over the past two years. “When people argue that Wonder Woman should ‘cover up,’ I don’t quite get it,” she says. “They say, ‘If she’s smart and strong, she can’t also be sexy.’ That’s not fair. Why can’t she be all of the above?”

De8RHOb.jpg

She's been a suffragist, a soldier and a sex symbol. But it took 75 years to bring the world's most famous female superhero to the big screen. Why we need Wonder Woman now.

Wonder Woman has seen it all before. Since her inception, the world’s most recognizable female superhero has been a source of controversy, her values and significance changing with the times. She has been a suffragist, a sex symbol, a soldier—and President of the United States. Along the way, Wonder Woman changed costumes dozens of times, her hemline migrating up, down and back up again.

But the woman who now plays her hasn’t gotten used to the vitriol. “There are so many horrible things that are going on in the world, and this is what you’re protesting, seriously?” Gadot asks, reflecting on the U.N. blowback. Warner Bros. cast perhaps the only actor in the world who, like Wonder Woman, is both a model and a soldier: Gadot won the title of Miss Israel in 2004 and served in the Israel Defense Forces. But that doesn’t mean the 31-year-old hasn’t been baffled by persistent debates about Wonder Woman’s looks—and the sexual and anti-Semitic harassment Gadot has received online over the past two years. “When people argue that Wonder Woman should ‘cover up,’ I don’t quite get it,” she says. “They say, ‘If she’s smart and strong, she can’t also be sexy.’ That’s not fair. Why can’t she be all of the above?”

WB can't possibly screw this up. The time is right; this should be huge.

De8RHOb.jpg

They also found the perfect actress for the role - smart, gorgeous, and the right personality. This could present a RDJ-like problem for the studio down the road if/when they need to replace her as she will set the bar high for any follow on WW actresses.

Edited by kimik

De8RHOb.jpg

Wonder Woman has seen it all before. Since her inception, the worlds most recognizable female superhero has been a source of controversy, her values and significance changing with the times. She has been a suffragist, a sex symbol, a soldierand President of the United States. Along the way, Wonder Woman changed costumes dozens of times, her hemline migrating up, down and back up again.

But the woman who now plays her hasnt gotten used to the vitriol. There are so many horrible things that are going on in the world, and this is what youre protesting, seriously? Gadot asks, reflecting on the U.N. blowback. Warner Bros. cast perhaps the only actor in the world who, like Wonder Woman, is both a model and a soldier: Gadot won the title of Miss Israel in 2004 and served in the Israel Defense Forces. But that doesnt mean the 31-year-old hasnt been baffled by persistent debates about Wonder Womans looksand the sexual and anti-Semitic harassment Gadot has received online over the past two years. When people argue that Wonder Woman should cover up, I dont quite get it, she says. They say, If shes smart and strong, she cant also be sexy. Thats not fair. Why cant she be all of the above?

They also found the perfect actress for the role - smart, gorgeous, and the right personality. This could present a RDJ-like problem for the studio down the road if/when they need to replace her as she will set the bar high for any follow on WW actresses.

It'll be a long time before they need to recast wonder woman again, assuming this is a good movie. 3 of these plus 2-3 Justice League movies could take us 10-15 years. Then at least a 10 year break before they'd reboot it, but I would think more. At which point if DC is popular enough they can try some other heroines or if DC sucks it won't matter anyways.

But for these 10-15 years if DC does it right it will be the age of Wonder Woman and Harley. After that if they want to keep pace with heroines they can do Catwoman, or a Teen Titans set with Raven or Starfire or Birds of Prey.

But I think they're all in on her now, to the point where I think we're much more likely to get a Wonder Woman trilogy than a Man of Steel Trilogy or a Batfleck trilogy (I think due to his age and the Justice League movies we're only getting one Batfleck movie at most)