• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Enormous ! How big will it get ?
3 3

4,716 posts in this topic

Interesting article. I'm happy the comic is coming back ( though I hate the numbering ) but it looks like the push is for the Chinese media market. I like Godzilla and I suppose that was geared for the Japanese market but I much prefer Pacific Rim. Really fun movie featuring the leader of the Sons of Anarchy lol

Here is what stuck out to me from the article.

"Anticipation for the return of Enormous has grown since the announcement by Prime Universe Films, producer Adrian Askarieh via The Hollywood Reporter in October 2016, that he’d teamed with the former head of international productions for Huayi Brothers, Eva Cao, to adapt the comic book specifically for Chinese markets. Askarieh also indicated that the property has a tremendous future in the multimedia sphere, particularly in VR. Pure Imagination Studios, the Los Angeles-based company has done work in various fields from live-action to stop-motion on properties such as Batman, Bionicle and Star Wars has joined with Prime Universe to commence development of Enormous in the VR realm."

My son just spent a small fortune on VR and upgrading his computer to be able to run it. My question is, how many people care about VR ? Is it a future must have or a fad ?

So is there a reason many of the admins at cbsi (especially the main admin, Trey) are crapping all over Tim and Enormous? There's an article posted on their google+ group with the news for this book in 2017 and they all say to ignore the book, it's a dead spec and that Tim is only pumping up his own book like he always does.

This isn't the first time I've seen them dogging Tim and his series. Is there a reason?

Edited by RawKing

I've pumped this title more than Tim has and I'm holding a short box and a half of raw stuff from 1A-6B with a lot of CGC 9.8s of 1,2,3A to boot. I also own some original art. Its a good book and I feel somewhat responsible for the hype that happened. Then again, I own tons of X-men books and I don't feel the least bit responsible for their successes or their current falling sales. Haha !

When the book was first coming came out, a friend and I were discussing it on the phone and I asked him if he was excited about reading it. He said " Enormous, how big will it get ? " and we both laughed about it. It was an inside joke to 2 of us. While I was certainly interested in the book, the title of this thread was meant to be humorous. Obviously, the joke was wasted on most people as I'm not that funny. lol

Fortunately for me, I fell in love with both the book AND had the good fortune to meet Tim...at least as much as one can electronically. Enormous went from a longshot comic that looked great but smelled and felt weird, to a property with potential for worldwide sales. To that, I say congratulations. Quite the accomplishment. Will it ever be a title that everyone recognizes ? Who knows ? What we do know is that it has the chance to be something special..or not. Either way, it has been a fun memorable ride that I will look fondly at in the years to come.

I think the delays and renumbering cause some people, maybe a lot of them, to lose interest. Why they'd be upset with Tim ? Who knows ? When we invest time as a reader or our money as a collector/speculator, things can get heated in a hurry. Its hard to blame people if they fall on the losing end of the equation.

Its also hard to blame Tim for pumping a book he writes. What would he a have a more vested interest seeing succeed than this title ?

Its also hard to blame Tim for pumping a book he writes. What would he a have a more vested interest seeing succeed than this title ?

agree - we should expect a creator to be one of the biggest cheerleaders of their book.

From what i seen he hypes things in the works for his fans. Nothing wrong with that as long as they are actual things in the works, its a great thing for everyone. Companies or people who hype things that have no chance of ever happening are the ones i cant stand. Tims word for the most part has lead right into what he hinted at.

So is there a reason many of the admins at cbsi (especially the main admin, Trey) are crapping all over Tim and Enormous? There's an article posted on their google+ group with the news for this book in 2017 and they all say to ignore the book, it's a dead spec and that Tim is only pumping up his own book like he always does.

This isn't the first time I've seen them dogging Tim and his series. Is there a reason?

They probably bought into it too late after everyone else made their money from issues 1-3, bought high on the first issues, went heavy on the rest and can't sell them.

They probably bought into it too late after everyone else made their money from issues 1-3, bought high on the first issues, went heavy on the rest and can't sell them.

From what i seen he hypes things in the works for his fans. Nothing wrong with that as long as they are actual things in the works, its a great thing for everyone. Companies or people who hype things that have no chance of ever happening are the ones i cant stand. Tims word for the most part has lead right into what he hinted at.

People like things that actually happen. How's that TV series coming? I haven't seen any previews for it.

Edited by ygogolak

People like things that actually happen. How's that TV series coming? I haven't seen any previews for it.

I don't know, it seems like people throw money at rumors all of the time.

Todd The Ugliest Kid On Earth hasn't done anything in 3 years, not a new issue, not the tv show, nothing. Yet the prices of 9.8 slabs still haven't hit the basement

Todd The Ugliest Kid On Earth hasn't done anything in 3 years, not a new issue, not the tv show, nothing. Yet the prices of 9.8 slabs still haven't hit the basement

What's that have to do with anything? Lots of comic properties optioned that never move forward. Are the creators coming out and saying there is big news coming on them?

Not a rumor, it was optioned by 20th Century Fox.

I wasn't speaking about this book specifically or exclusively when I said what I said about cash and rumors, but anyway.

So what is the line then? People like things to actually happen on a timetable that they can benefit from? The truth is no one writing any of this stuff really knows, it's all gambling. A little information coupled with a lot of feelings.

Not a rumor, it was optioned by 20th Century Fox.

I wasn't speaking about this book specifically or exclusively when I said what I said about cash and rumors, but anyway.

So what is the line then? People like things to actually happen on a timetable that they can benefit from? The truth is no one writing any of this stuff really knows, it's all gambling. A little information coupled with a lot of feelings.

See post above yours.