• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

My road to success (Moving Update 2)
8 8

6,552 posts in this topic

Yes it has. Not by a lot but just give it some more time. Yes I was reading about that and how sports cards fell in value but you can make money with this.

I also hear that you, er... one can also make money selling comicbooks too.

:grin:

I made money one time by going to college, learning some skills, studying to get a certification, then getting a job. Yes I will be paying $100 per month for the rest of my life in student loans. So I guess it didn't work out? Except I'll probably make at least 4.5x more than $100 per month for the rest of my life?

And I heard about this one guy who grew up in Italy and moved to Philly for high school, then was drafted to play basketball by Hornets and was traded to the Lakers. He was accused of rape and blew up Shaq's spot, but later won a bunch of NBA Championships.

I know this other guy who was born and raised in Philadelphia. I believe on the playground is where he spend most of his days. He got in one little fight and his mom got scared and was subsequently sent to live with his auntie and uncle in Bel-Air, California.

I heard about this other guy from Canada, half-Jew/half-black. He speaks slowly and softly to the beat about how he can't tell girls how he feels about them while rooting for any and every basketball team. He makes money somehow too.

I know the third one is Will smith and that's it. You say you have a debt that you'll be paying for the rest of your life so why not pay it all off at once? I'm sure they charge you interest on it. And like you guys have taught me it could be money better spent elsewhere.

Let me get this straight...You are giving financial advice to...ANYONE??? :roflmao:

You can laugh if you want but I'm getting out of the hole and if someone asks I do my best to help.

Yes it has. Not by a lot but just give it some more time. Yes I was reading about that and how sports cards fell in value but you can make money with this.

I'm doing that as well and currently working on digging myself out of the hole I'm in.

TRY THIS (or any other restaurant or retailer or anything, really)

He already applied there. I have to assume since we heard nothing about it after he dropped off his resume that he didn't get the job.

That's correct.

Resubmit with a different cover letter. Something specific to the job or whatever. Make them notice you.

I'm doing that as well and currently working on digging myself out of the hole I'm in.

When I got out of High School I walked right over to the Sizzler restaurant and got a job as a busboy/dishwasher. Not glamorous, but I worked from there up to line cook, learning prep, eventually becoming meat cutter, and wound up as a Designated Trainer as I could train most of the positions in the place and even train supervisors. I was eventually getting trained to be a manager. I, even, got taken to other Sizzlers to help them get ready for inspections.

I worked for Safeway starting as a bagger and was promoted twice within the first three months I was there.

I walked into Serta manufacturing warehouse as low man making min. wage and was quickly promoted to making box spring coils, to making box spring wood frames, to making mattresses, and each one was a higher paying job. They were about to make me a floating jr supervisor because I could do so many functions there and even repair damaged units. Then I got really injured and couldn't work like that anymore.

I said that as even if you have to start at the bottom you can always get promoted to higher paying positions. Don't sell yourself short and be of the mind to the job you are being paid for.

I made money one time by going to college, learning some skills, studying to get a certification, then getting a job. Yes I will be paying $100 per month for the rest of my life in student loans. So I guess it didn't work out? Except I'll probably make at least 4.5x more than $100 per month for the rest of my life?

And I heard about this one guy who grew up in Italy and moved to Philly for high school, then was drafted to play basketball by Hornets and was traded to the Lakers. He was accused of rape and blew up Shaq's spot, but later won a bunch of NBA Championships.

I know this other guy who was born and raised in Philadelphia. I believe on the playground is where he spend most of his days. He got in one little fight and his mom got scared and was subsequently sent to live with his auntie and uncle in Bel-Air, California.

I heard about this other guy from Canada, half-Jew/half-black. He speaks slowly and softly to the beat about how he can't tell girls how he feels about them while rooting for any and every basketball team. He makes money somehow too.

I know the third one is Will smith and that's it. You say you have a debt that you'll be paying for the rest of your life so why not pay it all off at once? I'm sure they charge you interest on it. And like you guys have taught me it could be money better spent elsewhere.

1) Kobe Bryant

2) Fresh Prince of Bel Air - AKA Will Smith

3) Drake

Now school him on student loans.

I believe that student loan has a sweeter and more flexible repayment plan so it's sometimes better to pay the monthly payments.

But what do I know about student loan repayments?

More than him

When I got out of High School I walked right over to the Sizzler restaurant and got a job as a busboy/dishwasher. Not glamorous, but I worked from there up to line cook, learning prep, eventually becoming meat cutter, and wound up as a Designated Trainer as I could train most of the positions in the place and even train supervisors. I was eventually getting trained to be a manager. I, even, got taken to other Sizzlers to help them get ready for inspections.

I worked for Safeway starting as a bagger and was promoted twice within the first three months I was there.

I walked into Serta manufacturing warehouse as low man making min. wage and was quickly promoted to making box spring coils, to making box spring wood frames, to making mattresses, and each one was a higher paying job. They were about to make me a floating jr supervisor because I could do so many functions there and even repair damaged units. Then I got really injured and couldn't work like that anymore.

I said that as even if you have to start at the bottom you can always get promoted to higher paying positions. Don't sell yourself short and be of the mind to the job you are being paid for.

Thanks for the advice and may I ask what happened to you?

The years of heavy work took a toll on my spine. Almost the lower half of the spine discs are dying. It has created all kinds of problems from my hips down where I lose circulation and I live in chronic pain daily and even affects my ability to walk and sleep. I could no longer work and am now on disability.

Books sold

Harry potter and the philosophers stone 1 copy of 2

Paid $37USD

Sold for $33USD

Why? Auction didn't go as high as you expected, or just trying to recoup costs faster?

Jim

Pretty sure he's saying he bought two copies for $37 USD.

I think...

The years of heavy work took a toll on my spine. Almost the lower half of the spine discs are dying. It has created all kinds of problems from my hips down where I lose circulation and I live in chronic pain daily and even affects my ability to walk and sleep. I could no longer work and am now on disability.

I'm sorry to hear that, is there any medication or treatment?

Books sold

Paid $37USD

Sold for $33USD

Why? Auction didn't go as high as you expected, or just trying to recoup costs faster?

Jim

Recoup costs faster and I was greedy and should have sold it when they were going for 200-300 instead of waiting for it to go up.

Books sold

Paid $37USD

Sold for $33USD

Jim

I think...

That's correct and I sold 1 copy for 33USD

Thank you and no, they just try to make me as comfortable as possible.

Thank you and no, they just try to make me as comfortable as possible.

I see I wish you all the best and if I find something I'll let you know.

Books sold

Paid $37USD

Sold for $33USD

Jim

I think...

So then what should have been posted was...

Harry Potter book

Bought for $18.50

Sold for $33

Fixed for ya :thumbsup:

Books sold

Paid $37USD

Sold for $33USD

Jim

I think...

So then what should have been posted was...

Harry Potter book

Bought for $18.50

Sold for $33

Fixed for ya :thumbsup:

Thanks

8 8