• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post your Garage Sale/Flea Market/Antique Mall Finds Here
60 60

15,838 posts in this topic

Its to bad that they have been releasing all these modern system basically lowering the value on some of this vintage gaming stuff. The rare hard stuff to find does retain its value from what I have been watching but the rest now is dropping very fast. With the release of the Nintendo classic which they have already confirmed they will be taking on the same model as how they did the Atari Flash systems which I think are up to number 7 with 101 games on it and also the rumour of them releasing a N64 version I have been noticing more and more collections coming on the market. It limits the pool of people now since while people want it for nostalgia purposes many just find it easier to buy these all in one consoles to get that old game play feeling. Also to point out just how fast the Nintendo classic sold out so quickly and near impossible to find unless you want to pay an arm and a leg for it so shows their is people that want it but they don't want the old system in which I have had conversation with people about this and it is based off the fact that this system will work and get them that old game fix while the old console had the issues of playing cartridges over time. I think we all remember the myth of blowing on the cartridge (really it was the moisture from your breath on the contacts helping with conectivity) to get them to work or sliding them in just a certain way and pushing them down to make the contacts work.

Went to an estate sale this morning. Found nothing worthwhile.

IMG_20161202_093448174_zpsgbjtku3j.jpg

Come on now, second and third tier Bronze books in Good/VG and lower for $5 each, how could you lose??

Maybe you should have asked if it was $5 each...box of comics.

That Thai flatware has been a good solid seller for me. Must have picked up a dozen sets for under $10 ans sold them for $40-50. That looks to be the original case ,as well.

I guess these were.quite popular in the mid 1950s.

$5 each? yup. reminds me of a guy who sells on the street near me. he usually has some comics. generally junk.. the other day he had some 70s Charlton romance comics, some of them in decent shape. so I offered him $6 for 6. He starts blabbering about how they're $7 on ebay and all this nonsense and he needs $20 for the 6 comics. I've been through this with him before..those are asking pries and he is cherry picking them and honestly, I don't care, because these are $1 books at my shop when he has them. if I'm going to pay $3 each for romance books they need to say 10 cents on the cover or say 12 cents or be marvel or DC and in decent shape.

I know people give him this stuff to sell. he is one of these neighborhood fixtures and his family is out there with him. they have a store front that they keep gated up. I think they're in some sort of long-term fight with the landloard and maybe they're squatters. anyway. he claims he is buying it on ebay to re-sell on the street, so he can't sell me stuff for $1 each because it won't pay for his shipping. what a load of nonsense.

I don't know why I even try with this guy. one of these days I am waiting for one he messes up on and the $3 he wants is wayyy under. he had an alpha flight 15, 16 and 18, which makes me think he had a 17 in there and someone beat me to it. oh well.

Come on now, second and third tier Bronze books in Good/VG and lower for $5 each, how could you lose??

Maybe you should have asked if it was $5 each...box of comics.

I'd still always look. It's probably junk, sure, but you never know if there is a beater Iron Man 55 or Bats 227 buried in the pile, definitely worth $5.

I'd still always look. It's probably junk, sure, but you never know if there is a beater Iron Man 55 or Bats 227 buried in the pile, definitely worth $5.

I had to look. It was mostly beatup 1970s Marvel Westerns. I also looked for price variants.

I had to look. It was mostly beatup 1970s Marvel Westerns. I also looked for price variants.

I see boxes of that kind of drek around here all the time, and you always have to look because of the potential for price variants. I found a beater Kid Colt 206 in one once. That was nice.

I see boxes of that kind of drek around here all the time, and you always have to look because of the potential for price variants. I found a beater Kid Colt 206 in one once. That was nice.

I think I need to keep the price variant list on my phone somewhere because I am constantly trying to do this from memory and it does not work because I own very few of these and don't buy them normally.

Junk shop near me generally has comics. no rhyme or reason to the pricing. $5 on some 90s book because it has a shiney holo chrome cover, good stuff in the dollar box. it's not like the guy doesn't know some comics are worth something but he has like a 1994 perspective on pricing. and then with the other overpriced $5 books a G/VG FF 52...sweet.

Its to bad that they have been releasing all these modern system basically lowering the value on some of this vintage gaming stuff. The rare hard stuff to find does retain its value from what I have been watching but the rest now is dropping very fast. With the release of the Nintendo classic which they have already confirmed they will be taking on the same model as how they did the Atari Flash systems which I think are up to number 7 with 101 games on it and also the rumour of them releasing a N64 version I have been noticing more and more collections coming on the market. It limits the pool of people now since while people want it for nostalgia purposes many just find it easier to buy these all in one consoles to get that old game play feeling. Also to point out just how fast the Nintendo classic sold out so quickly and near impossible to find unless you want to pay an arm and a leg for it so shows their is people that want it but they don't want the old system in which I have had conversation with people about this and it is based off the fact that this system will work and get them that old game fix while the old console had the issues of playing cartridges over time. I think we all remember the myth of blowing on the cartridge (really it was the moisture from your breath on the contacts helping with conectivity) to get them to work or sliding them in just a certain way and pushing them down to make the contacts work.

+ 1. I had a decent NES collection going. Once I heard about the Classic NES coming out I turned in all my old games for credit at one of the local shops. Glad I did now that the value is going down. Also nice to clear up some space. Cashed in my credit last week for some silverage X-Men (thumbs u

Now where the heck can I find the Classic NES? lol

+ 1. I had a decent NES collection going. Once I heard about the Classic NES coming out I turned in all my old games for credit at one of the local shops. Glad I did now that the value is going down. Also nice to clear up some space. Cashed in my credit last week for some silverage X-Men (thumbs u

Now where the heck can I find the Classic NES? lol

Personally I would wait because if you look at how they did the Flashback, the system kept getting more and more games added so I would assume since they are saying same thing for the Classic that the systems would get more and more games as they release them. For example the Flashback 3 started with 60 games and now at 7 has 101 games (note though the flashback 6 only had 100 games). Based off that I see that happening with the classic and the system would get more and more games added as they released a new version. Why I didn't worry when I couldn't find the Classic right away. The ones I did find are like $200usd since resellers bought them up when they where $59.99usd. Anyways I would just wait and keep eyes open for the next one or get a later version.

Have prices really been crashing? I havent seen that. I prefer original hardware and have a good average purchase price per unit and really nothing stupid pricey. Still though... dont want it devalued!

Have prices really been crashing? I havent seen that. I prefer original hardware and have a good average purchase price per unit and really nothing stupid pricey. Still though... dont want it devalued!

Prices on the CIB NES and SNES games I am after haven't gone down at all, let alone crashed. Wish they would!

Yes slowly but surely prices have been going down even for game that used to hold their value.

Yes slowly but surely prices have been going down even for game that used to hold their value.

I don't think this is true. Some perhaps, but collectors will always covet the originals. It's like saying Amazing Fantasy 15 is going to go down in value because it keeps getting reprinted. my 2c

Agree. I thnk a move back or slowing would be natural given the recent boom. But classics and quality rares will hold value. The bulk of the forgettable or bad games might br another story imo. Kind of like keys i suppose.